Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Just saw a big shooting star... #5555138 01/21/15 11:20 AM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Hope that is a sign of good luck. Not good so far, already burnt my finger on my head lamp, and fell out of the boat. Glad I had my wader belt on.

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5555142 01/21/15 11:32 AM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
how did you fall out of the boat?

[Linked Image]

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5555147 01/21/15 11:36 AM
Duck_Hunter Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Tough start stay safe out there.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I just turned it on . I was looking bird dogs in the butt this morning.

[Linked Image]
Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5555148 01/21/15 11:38 AM
J
jdk1985 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
J
That's a pretty crummy start.... good luck Guy

Instagram @justinkingwoodworking
Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5555166 01/21/15 12:20 PM
F
Fowlman Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
After 3 months of pounding the banks and water I get more clumsy. It gets worse when ya get older too. roflmao. Good luck Guy and be safe.

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5555207 01/21/15 01:12 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: Guy
Hope that is a sign of good luck. Not good so far, already burnt my finger on my head lamp, and fell out of the boat. Glad I had my wader belt on.

Does not sound like a good start, I do not like hunting solo from a boat and do not do it often for that very reason. Wear your life jacket and kill switch and be carefull.

Last Saturday , I had 4 kids and my 74 year old dad on a hunt, I launched the boat, no concrete ramp, just a mud ramp, went to park the truck up on the bank and when I came back to the boat my dad was getting up out of the water, he said he fell in a hole in knee deep water trying to hold the boat, water was running out of his jacket and waders.

He was freezing his can off after a 30 minute boat ride but warmed up quick when the shooting started, a 7 man limit later, he had no regrets.

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5555212 01/21/15 01:14 PM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
How do you burn your finger on a head lamp?

What kind of light are you using that will burn you?

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: mohunter] #5555324 01/21/15 02:20 PM
garrett Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: mohunter

Does not sound like a good start, I do not like hunting solo from a boat and do not do it often for that very reason. Wear your life jacket and kill switch and be carefull.

Last Saturday , I had 4 kids and my 74 year old dad on a hunt, I launched the boat, no concrete ramp, just a mud ramp, went to park the truck up on the bank and when I came back to the boat my dad was getting up out of the water, he said he fell in a hole in knee deep water trying to hold the boat, water was running out of his jacket and waders.

He was freezing his can off after a 30 minute boat ride but warmed up quick when the shooting started, a 7 man limit later, he had no regrets.

you not hunting today? I thought you were mad at em and hunting the last 10 days of the season or something like that?

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: garrett] #5555373 01/21/15 02:43 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: garrett
Originally Posted By: mohunter

you not hunting today? I thought you were mad at em and hunting the last 10 days of the season or something like that?

Not that mad at them, I would if I could though. Hunted Saturday, 7 man/kid limit, and Sunday, 4 man limit. Got that mad part out of my system last weekend.
I have this problem called work that is keeping from ending the week strong as well.
Been a great season for us, almost as good as last year, had three generations on my hunt last Saturday, 74 year old to 13 year olds.
Will end the season starting tomorrow thru Sunday, my boat killed 139 ducks the last 9 days of season last year and thought that would be hard to break but after 66 ducks last weekend we may get close to end this season as well.
Good luck with the end of your season Garrett, hope you get on them too.

Last edited by mohunter; 01/21/15 02:43 PM.
Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5555419 01/21/15 03:04 PM
T
TXPride Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Man, I wish I had a duck boat that could hold 7 people

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: TXPride] #5555489 01/21/15 03:38 PM
M
mohunter Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
M
Originally Posted By: TXPride
Man, I wish I had a duck boat that could hold 7 people

2 boats on the Saturday trip, just mine Sunday. I run up to 5 in mine, it is nice.

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Fooshman] #5556187 01/21/15 08:22 PM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Fooshman

I was getting out the boat, one of these one leg over then step, the next leg over type moves, but on the first step water was deeper than I though, first leg in water never touched bottom, and over I went. If I did not have my wader belt on it would have realy sucked. I climbed back in the boat, and like did a head stand to let the water out of my waders. The misshapes didn't stop, after a very long walk (thru head high weeds) to my spot, carrying deeks, back pack, dog stand, mojo, new mojo extended pole got at Home Depot (untested cry ), another stick I'm carrying so I can hang my back pack on etc.. Well I'm worn out getting to my spot, mojo pull did not work right, then mojo fell and battery fell out of mojo into about 2 foot of water, lol. 3 mallards, I think the ducks kick my butt. SOB!!!

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5556229 01/21/15 08:40 PM
C
CinchMan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C

I was getting out the boat, one of these one leg over then step, the next leg over type moves, but on the first step water was deeper than I though, first leg in water never touched bottom, and over I went. If I did not have my wader belt on it would have realy sucked. I climbed back in the boat, and like did a head stand to let the water out of my waders. The misshapes didn't stop, after a very long walk (thru head high weeds) to my spot, carrying deeks, back pack, dog stand, mojo, new mojo extended pole got at Home Depot (untested cry ), another stick I'm carrying so I can hang my back pack on etc.. Well I'm worn out getting to my spot, mojo pull did not work right, then mojo fell and battery fell out of mojo into about 2 foot of water, lol. 3 mallards, I think the ducks kick my butt. SOB!!!

The real question is, did you stick the handstand right?

I feel your pain. The second split has not been too kind to me. Seems like every time I go out its something not going right and I end up just trying to scratch out a couple of birds. Duck hunting can be cruel sometimes for a new guy.

Say When.....
Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5556459 01/21/15 10:43 PM
J
Judd Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
Online Confused
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
3 mallards top 6 trash birds anyday....congrats on your awesome morning up

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5556483 01/21/15 10:56 PM
W
WalkSoftly Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W

Story of my life!

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5556602 01/21/15 11:59 PM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F

Dang, maybe you should have slept in this morning.
Huntdeck might have helped you out. wink

[Linked Image]

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: TXPride] #5556719 01/22/15 12:59 AM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TXPride
How do you burn your finger on a head lamp?

What kind of light are you using that will burn you?

"Super Spot Pro 48000 CBCP 100 watt" shown at top of link below, but I got it with the battery clamps like the "Super Spot 48000 CBCP 100 watt", 4th one down. And I put a 3 prong 12 volt plug on it.

http://www.huntinglight.com/ultralight-headlight-products-c-21.html

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: CinchMan] #5556742 01/22/15 01:18 AM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: CinchMan

The real question is, did you stick the handstand right?

When I came up out of the water, probably just below the waist deep, I could not believe, water was not getting in my waders, I had the belt synched up high, after about 1 second of thinking this, I could slowly feel water seeping down, so I dove in the boat head first, landed on my hands (yes I stuck it), legs up in air (cheating using side of boat for support), and water came right out, and ran down my face. Jacket velcro cuffs synched tight, front jacket zipper up all the way, none came down my neck and very lillte got up my sleeve,I hardly got wet. I went down probably to neck level.

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Fooshman] #5556747 01/22/15 01:21 AM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity

Hunt deck would be sweet. But that would make my boat too long to fit in the spot I park it.

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Guy] #5557029 01/22/15 03:59 AM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F

Hunt deck would be sweet. But that would make my boat too long to fit in the spot I park it.

Gotcha, but they do make them shorter. bolt

[Linked Image]

Re: Just saw a big shooting star... [Re: Fooshman] #5557259 01/22/15 10:31 AM
Guy Online Content OP
THF Celebrity
OP Online Content
THF Celebrity
17 foot is as long as a boat I could get. Hunt deck was out. Plus they can develop hooks in the stumps but you should be ok because you got the thicker aluminum.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide