Forum Stats
60403 Members
45 Forums
475480 Topics
6237590 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5554859 - 01/20/15 09:21 PM Texas Hunting is Weak!!!
UtahMan Offline
Green Horn

If you've hunted Texas your whole life, I'm sorry. The hunting here is soooooooo weak. If you can call it hunting. You can pay for a "shot at tied up animal" hunt. You can pay someone TONS of $$$$, or you can hunt crap land.

I moved here from Utah for a great job. I've been here 18 months and it's time to move back west. I moved without researching the Hunting, thinking it can't be bad...It's Texas, Cowboy land. I would never pay to hunt, you can do that at a carnival. Shooting an animal on fenced land or flat land is like skiing in Kansas. In Utah you can hike a 100 miles without seeing a road and you're in 100ft pines, aspens, etc... you know beautiful land. I could drive 45 minutes and be into a tons of elk, mule deer, or moose. My fee for my last elk was $50 bow license.

I only rant because I'm constantly hearing hunters at work talk about Texas hunting and I just laugh inside.

Do yourself a favor. Get an out of state license and hunt Utah, Wy, Idaho, or Colorado. You'll have to actually hunt and untie the deer. P.S No Hogs smile You'll pay less on airfare, license than these phoney pay hunts. Man I'm ranting.... What a joke, shooting a Rhino on private land. BIG HUNTER!!! Sorry if I pissed someone off, but it's all true.

#5554861 - 01/20/15 09:22 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lubbock, TX
Well, bye.

-Curly Bill

#5554864 - 01/20/15 09:26 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms

Loc: Mansfield, Texas
Welcome to Texas...have a nice trip home and try to rub something on that red rump before you go rofl

As a side note, I have hunted in other states and still hunt in one other state...I love my state and love the hunting and oppurtunities I have here. But rant on my friend, rant on up

#5554866 - 01/20/15 09:26 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
RChipman11 Offline
Outdoorsman

Don't let the door hit you where the good lord split you yingyang

#5554875 - 01/20/15 09:31 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
SheepHunter Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: East Texas
Originally Posted By: UtahMan
If you've hunted Texas your whole life, I'm sorry. The hunting here is soooooooo weak. If you can call it hunting. You can pay for a "shot at tied up animal" hunt. You can pay someone TONS of $$$$, or you can hunt crap land.

I moved here from Utah for a great job. I've been here 18 months and it's time to move back west. I moved without researching the Hunting, thinking it can't be bad...It's Texas, Cowboy land. I would never pay to hunt, you can do that at a carnival. Shooting an animal on fenced land or flat land is like skiing in Kansas. In Utah you can hike a 100 miles without seeing a road and you're in 100ft pines, aspens, etc... you know beautiful land. I could drive 45 minutes and be into a tons of elk, mule deer, or moose. My fee for my last elk was $50 bow license.

I only rant because I'm constantly hearing hunters at work talk about Texas hunting and I just laugh inside.

Do yourself a favor. Get an out of state license and hunt Utah, Wy, Idaho, or Colorado. You'll have to actually hunt and untie the deer. P.S No Hogs smile You'll pay less on airfare, license than these phoney pay hunts. Man I'm ranting.... What a joke, shooting a Rhino on private land. BIG HUNTER!!! Sorry if I pissed someone off, but it's all true.

I hunted Utah. Shot a mule deer across a canyon. 2 hunters took it before I could get around the canyon. Love public land hunting. Have a safe trip!

Edited by SheepHunter (01/20/15 09:32 PM)

#5554879 - 01/20/15 09:33 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
TAT Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: good ole texas
This should get fun

#5554886 - 01/20/15 09:36 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
colt.45 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: wondering about the woods
welcome ta THF ever get around OSBWMA for a hog hunt give a holler flag

i'm postaddic

#5554889 - 01/20/15 09:38 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
cabosandinh Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Dallas, TX

I agree with you on the high fence and / or hunting over feeders

but it is what it is here

you are encouraged to hunt public land in Tejas to get a taste of hunting challenges

a native american indian will look at you hunting in Utah with your
rifle and euro optics, he too, will say that your hunting experience is weak

the best thing to do is type up your rant then hit the Delete button

Edited by cabosandinh (01/20/15 09:39 PM)

#5554890 - 01/20/15 09:38 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
TAT Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: good ole texas
Not real sure what you don't like about Texas, it seems you think it should be giving to you? Some beautiful country about where you talked about hunting,looks even better in the review coming home. I know a lot of people in those states, some good and not. One thing they all have in common is as some point I've heard all them say how hunting should be free, health care, and so on. Sounds like you fall into this category. Do you realize how much of Texas is privately owned? Hunting ain't free but dang it it's fun. Have fun back west.

#5554892 - 01/20/15 09:39 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
nuprofessor Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: HOME!!!! (Columbia, MO)
Sorry Utah but I don't fully understand what your post means. Could you further elaborate? soap bang

#5554899 - 01/20/15 09:43 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: TAT]
UtahMan Offline
Green Horn

I knew I'd get blasted. It's ok, because we all know I'm right. In Texas people talk about hunting acres in the west you talk about hunting 100's of sq miles, no fences. I'd defend it if I was a born Texans also. Question... Do hunting ranches breed animals smile

#5554909 - 01/20/15 09:50 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: TAT]
UtahMan Offline
Green Horn

I don't think hunting should be free. Actually I think Utah and Idaho should charge more. However, I don't think you should need to pay land owners or be left with the leftover crap land. I also don't think there should be "guaranteed hunts". There is hunting and there is shooting an animal, two different things.

#5554915 - 01/20/15 09:57 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Lubbock, TX
I knew I'd get blasted. It's ok, because we all know I'm right. In Texas people talk about hunting acres in the west you talk about hunting 100's of sq miles, no fences. I'd defend it if I was a born Texans also. Question... Do hunting ranches breed animals smile
tell me about these 'permits' you have to have. Seems to me if you don't get drawn, you don't get to hunt at all, and even then it's for one animal. My Texas license gets me seven deer, no 'permit' required. So you can take you're 'I'm right' and shove it.

#5554918 - 01/20/15 09:58 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: cabosandinh]
UtahMan Offline
Green Horn

@cabosandinh

I have not hunted with a rifle, not counting coyotes, for 15 years.

#5554920 - 01/20/15 09:59 PM Re: Texas Hunting is Weak!!! [Re: UtahMan]
Hogman4127 Offline
Tracker

buh by

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide