Page 1 of 2 1 2
Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! #5479234 12/15/14 10:41 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Well the unarmed sheep were taken hostage in Australia, where the unfortunate people have to count on law enforcement to protect them from lone wolf Issis attacks, how's this working for the two hostages who were killed today???

I hope you ALL don't leave your legally concealed weapon's sitting on your nightstand or like me, my end table. It does us NO GOOD sitting there while we head off to work.

Unfortunately many of us here, including me, brag about how we carry everyday, everywhere we go, which is often bullsht. An armed citizen might have been able to kill this dick weed before the cops got there and shot up the place.

Just sayin, stuff the dang thing in your pocket, it ain't doin anybody any good ......left behind.

Just my rant for the day, screw these Islamic bastards.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5480189 12/16/14 04:58 AM
C
crash700 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Brother I hear ya. I encourage every concealed carry permit holder to exercise their second amendment rights and carry their side arms. Its unfortunate that the situation played out like it did, but it could have been different with a motivated individual who could bring their own firepower to the situation and instead of being an unarmed victim, possibly affect a positive outcome.

Si Vis Pacem Parabellum
Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5480201 12/16/14 05:10 AM
G
Gone to Texas Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
G
Carry early, carry often!

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5480394 12/16/14 01:27 PM
P
Piper354 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
It is stuff like that that reminds me I need to carry everyhwere I go. I get lazy sometimes and don't bother carrying eventhough i am licensed to do it.

Middle of the day, not a bad part of town, in a donut shop/cafe', who would have thought of a hostage situation? THOSE ARE THE KINDS OF PLACES WHERE BAD THING HAPPEN! I tell myself that all the time. Don't worry about the bad part of town, worry about sitting at the tire shop or the fast food joint if something bad is gonna go down.

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5480463 12/16/14 02:04 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Firearms are like fire hydrants. You never know where you will need one, so it's good to have them everywhere.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: J.G.] #5480507 12/16/14 02:23 PM
L
landsurveyor Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
L
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Firearms are like fire hydrants. You never know where you will need one, so it's good to have them everywhere.
Agreed and they should also be visible like fire hydrants. Open carry would be a great deterrent to most of these slobs

"A hungry dog hunts best." Lee Trevino

www.prospectlandsurveying.com
Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: landsurveyor] #5480962 12/16/14 04:52 PM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Guns are illegal in Australia. According to Libs, this can't happen when guns are made illegal.
Originally Posted By: landsurveyor
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Agreed and they should also be visible like fire hydrants. Open carry would be a great deterrent to most of these slobs

I disagree. Yes, we should have the right to open carry, but concealed carry is a better option. What is more of a threat to a bad guy: the deterrent they can see or the hidden defenses that they can not see? Not everyone has a CHL and carries. But the bad guys do not know who is carrying a concealed weapon and who is not. So it's possible that everyone has a concealed handgun and therefore everyone is a deterrent. It protects those who carry and those who don't. Just my opinion.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5481074 12/16/14 05:57 PM
Fishing Fester Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I agree with toxarch on this one. Open carry just tells the bad guys who to go after first. I'll admit that sometimes I forget to strap up when I leave the house. My backup is in my truck at all times though. I sure hope that I never need either one of them. Killing another man, whether justified or not, would wreak havoc on my physche!

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5481083 12/16/14 06:02 PM
J
Judd Offline
#1 Creedmoor Fan
#1 Creedmoor Fan
J
I agree with Toxarch too...most people who carry if used openly couldn't defend someone from taking it from them. Just a bad situation.

I'll admit that I don't carry nearly as often as I should. This time of year I do most frequently...because I wear clothes where it is easier to conceal and people tend to get a little crazier around Christmas. Seems after the first my carrying goes down significantly.

Weird and admittedly stupid.

Originally Posted by Phil Robertson
Don't let your ears hear what your eyes didn't see, and don't let your mouth say what your heart doesn't feel
Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5481408 12/16/14 09:00 PM
B
bluelund79 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
B
Agreed. Wish my employer allowed cc. Nothing more concerning than a carry gun locked in safe

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5481723 12/16/14 11:20 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
problem I have is, I need to carry my XDM 9mm with laser, so I would have a better chance to kill the perp at a descent range 20yds. I love my little XDS .45 but I need to practice more with it.

seems like if you were caught in the coffee shop situation, it might be better to get cover, and a good rest and make a accurate shot , or, try to get close where it would be an easier shot.

is this creepy, or am I the only one who thinks about "what would YOU (I) do"?

I'm also afraid these lone wolf type dick heads will hit us where it hurts most, our schools. my daughter teaches first grade at a major local school district and she "legally" can't carry hers.

pretty scary to think your daughter would have to be first line of defense. merry Christmas

dang, sorry bout the dark thread.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Fishing Fester] #5481753 12/16/14 11:36 PM
S
Slow Drifter Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
Originally Posted By: Fishing Fester
I agree with toxarch on this one. Open carry just tells the bad guys who to go after first.

I also agree, but I also think it should be an option. Given enough time and enough carriers maybe those who would do us harm would start looking at carry weapons like roaches. For every one you see there are a hundred more you can't.

Last edited by Slow Drifter; 12/16/14 11:36 PM.

"I have no idea what WW-III will be fought with, but WW-IV will be fought with sticks and stones."

A. Einstein

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5481967 12/17/14 12:52 AM
O
okstatefan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
I generally carry everywhere I go and around the house as well. However, I'm also a school teacher and have to lock my rig in the truck. Luckily, I teach in a portable and my vehicle is right outside the door. I really don't like taking my piece off when I get out each morning.

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5482322 12/17/14 02:50 AM
KRoyal Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Online Sleepy
Texoma Legend
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
problem I have is, I need to carry my XDM 9mm with laser, so I would have a better chance to kill the perp at a descent range 20yds. I love my little XDS .45 but I need to practice more with it.

seems like if you were caught in the coffee shop situation, it might be better to get cover, and a good rest and make a accurate shot , or, try to get close where it would be an easier shot.

is this creepy, or am I the only one who thinks about "what would YOU (I) do"?

I'm also afraid these lone wolf type dick heads will hit us where it hurts most, our schools. my daughter teaches first grade at a major local school district and she "legally" can't carry hers.

pretty scary to think your daughter would have to be first line of defense. merry Christmas

dang, sorry bout the dark thread.

Relying on a laser to make accurate shots probably isn't a good thing. Sounds like you might need to practice more with your XDm9 as well.

[Linked Image]

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5482831 12/17/14 01:19 PM
P
Piper354 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
P
I do not think it is weird to play out a 'what if' situation in your head. To me that is called being a responsible CCP holder, especially in today's world. It is called situational awareness. I am by no means a paranoid, zombie killer, militia member, or tin hat wearer, but I am a people watcher. It may be the hot mom at the store or the questionable looking thug at the store, but I always am aware of my surroundings.

Mike

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5483108 12/17/14 03:17 PM
W
Weegs Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
Random Thoughts Worth What You Paid For Them
* I am all for the right to carry open, however, from a tactical point of view it is the wrong decision. Do not give the enemy any intel about what they might be up against. If they know you have a weapon your choices are made for you. If it is concealed the choice of how and when to act are yours.
* From a legal point of view, "always carry". What you want to avoid is the unfortunate discussion with opposing legal council about why, on this day you decided to carry. Why not yesterday or the day before? "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, what we have here is a person that decided on this day to strap on a gun and having done that, use it to kill this poor lawbreaking (use your own politically correct description here) person."
* Carrying a gun full time is not fun, and not always comfortable. However, it is like wearing a seat belt in a car. I don't plan on being in a wreck this morning but I put the seat belt on anyway. I don't plan on a fire at the house but there are three fire extinguishers there that will help me contain a situation until the professionals arrive. I don't plan on a medical emergency but I have a reasonable first aid kit that will help me contain a situation until the professionals arrive. I don't plan on needing a weapon today but I am prepared in case a situation arises that would require me to contain a situation until the professionals arrive. Like the EMS & Fire Dept, the Police will NOT be there when you need them.

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Weegs] #5484004 12/17/14 09:40 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Weegs
Random Thoughts Worth What You Paid For Them
* I am all for the right to carry open, however, from a tactical point of view it is the wrong decision. Do not give the enemy any intel about what they might be up against. If they know you have a weapon your choices are made for you. If it is concealed the choice of how and when to act are yours.
* From a legal point of view, "always carry". What you want to avoid is the unfortunate discussion with opposing legal council about why, on this day you decided to carry. Why not yesterday or the day before? "Ladies and Gentlemen of the jury, what we have here is a person that decided on this day to strap on a gun and having done that, use it to kill this poor lawbreaking (use your own politically correct description here) person."

VERY WELL STATED WEEGS, makes a ton of sense. Really makes carrying not an option, very good point!
* Carrying a gun full time is not fun, and not always comfortable. However, it is like wearing a seat belt in a car. I don't plan on being in a wreck this morning but I put the seat belt on anyway. I don't plan on a fire at the house but there are three fire extinguishers there that will help me contain a situation until the professionals arrive. I don't plan on a medical emergency but I have a reasonable first aid kit that will help me contain a situation until the professionals arrive. I don't plan on needing a weapon today but I am prepared in case a situation arises that would require me to contain a situation until the professionals arrive. Like the EMS & Fire Dept, the Police will NOT be there when you need them.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5484005 12/17/14 09:40 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Don't know what I just did but Weegs makes a ton of sense, great poits

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5484452 12/18/14 01:14 AM
F
FWBanger Offline
Tracker
Tracker
F
Your weapon is like a parachute. If you don't have one when you need it then you probably won't ever need one again. I've noticed that a lot of people stop carrying their handguns because they are too big and heavy. Any gun is better than no gun. Buy something that you're willing to carry on your person all the time. Some folks will speak ill of "mouse guns" but that mouse gun will do a whole lot more in your hand than the other guy's full size 1911 under the seat in his truck. I'm all for more people carrying guns but I too recommend concealed carry. If a bad guy bursts into the 7-11 looking to rob the place and you happen to be standing there with a handgun in full view and the guy next to you has his gun concealed who do you think the bad guy will consider a threat first?

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5485020 12/18/14 06:44 AM
O
okstatefan Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
O
For me, IWB is usually more comfortable than hanging off my hip.

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5485129 12/18/14 12:45 PM
M
Marc K Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
M
I own a concealable and a very concealable handgun. For me, the most important part of getting open carry legalized is: Not having to be so worried about accidentally printing or exposing. THAT will make many people carry more often when wearing lighter clothing.

A Democracy is when two wolves and a lamb vote on the dinner menu. That is why this country was specifically not designed as a Democracy. We are a Constitutional Republic.
Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5485205 12/18/14 01:45 PM
R
RiverRider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Whether or not you agree or disagree with some well made points regarding open carry, I think it's worth noting how open carry has worked in states that have not infringed on carry rights for many years. There may be times that I would prefer not having to conceal and I would like to be able to make that call for myself.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5486311 12/18/14 11:04 PM
B
Buzzsaw Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
B
Open carry, especially when I'm hunting. I always wear a larger side arm while hunting or at the lease. Always have to leave it in the truck when I go inside a store.

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5486594 12/19/14 01:49 AM
B
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Regarding open vs concealed, may I pose this question? What is the greatest deterrent, the submarine which can't be seen, the aircraft carrier which can strike in 8 minutes, or the battleship which has the big guns pointed at your nose?

Last edited by blackcoal; 12/19/14 01:50 AM.

The Greatest Enemy of knowledge is not ignorance,
it is the illusion of knowledge.--Stephen Hawking
Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw] #5486605 12/19/14 01:57 AM
R
RiverRider Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
R
Depends on the nature of the threat, doesn't it?

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide