Forum Stats
60426 Members
45 Forums
475722 Topics
6240596 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5479234 - 12/15/14 04:41 PM Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!!
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Frisco, Texas
Well the unarmed sheep were taken hostage in Australia, where the unfortunate people have to count on law enforcement to protect them from lone wolf Issis attacks, how's this working for the two hostages who were killed today???

I hope you ALL don't leave your legally concealed weapon's sitting on your nightstand or like me, my end table. It does us NO GOOD sitting there while we head off to work.

Unfortunately many of us here, including me, brag about how we carry everyday, everywhere we go, which is often bullsht. An armed citizen might have been able to kill this dick weed before the cops got there and shot up the place.

Just sayin, stuff the dang thing in your pocket, it ain't doin anybody any good ......left behind.

Just my rant for the day, screw these Islamic bastards.

#5480189 - 12/15/14 10:58 PM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
crash700 Online   content

Loc: Deer Park , TX
Brother I hear ya. I encourage every concealed carry permit holder to exercise their second amendment rights and carry their side arms. Its unfortunate that the situation played out like it did, but it could have been different with a motivated individual who could bring their own firepower to the situation and instead of being an unarmed victim, possibly affect a positive outcome.

#5480201 - 12/15/14 11:10 PM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
Gone to Texas Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Hurst
Carry early, carry often!

#5480394 - 12/16/14 07:27 AM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
Piper354 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: East Texas
It is stuff like that that reminds me I need to carry everyhwere I go. I get lazy sometimes and don't bother carrying eventhough i am licensed to do it.

Middle of the day, not a bad part of town, in a donut shop/cafe', who would have thought of a hostage situation? THOSE ARE THE KINDS OF PLACES WHERE BAD THING HAPPEN! I tell myself that all the time. Don't worry about the bad part of town, worry about sitting at the tire shop or the fast food joint if something bad is gonna go down.

#5480463 - 12/16/14 08:04 AM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Firearms are like fire hydrants. You never know where you will need one, so it's good to have them everywhere.

800 Yard Steel Rifle Range
Long Range Shooting Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#5480507 - 12/16/14 08:23 AM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: FiremanJG]
landsurveyor Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Annetta TX
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Firearms are like fire hydrants. You never know where you will need one, so it's good to have them everywhere.
Agreed and they should also be visible like fire hydrants. Open carry would be a great deterrent to most of these slobs

#5480962 - 12/16/14 10:52 AM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: landsurveyor]
Toxarch Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Parker County
Guns are illegal in Australia. According to Libs, this can't happen when guns are made illegal.
Originally Posted By: landsurveyor
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Agreed and they should also be visible like fire hydrants. Open carry would be a great deterrent to most of these slobs

I disagree. Yes, we should have the right to open carry, but concealed carry is a better option. What is more of a threat to a bad guy: the deterrent they can see or the hidden defenses that they can not see? Not everyone has a CHL and carries. But the bad guys do not know who is carrying a concealed weapon and who is not. So it's possible that everyone has a concealed handgun and therefore everyone is a deterrent. It protects those who carry and those who don't. Just my opinion.

— Dwight D. Eisenhower

#5481074 - 12/16/14 11:57 AM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
Fishing Fester Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Weatherford
I agree with toxarch on this one. Open carry just tells the bad guys who to go after first. I'll admit that sometimes I forget to strap up when I leave the house. My backup is in my truck at all times though. I sure hope that I never need either one of them. Killing another man, whether justified or not, would wreak havoc on my physche!

#5481083 - 12/16/14 12:02 PM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
Judd Online   content

Loc: Sachse, TX
I agree with Toxarch too...most people who carry if used openly couldn't defend someone from taking it from them. Just a bad situation.

I'll admit that I don't carry nearly as often as I should. This time of year I do most frequently...because I wear clothes where it is easier to conceal and people tend to get a little crazier around Christmas. Seems after the first my carrying goes down significantly.

Weird and admittedly stupid.

#5481408 - 12/16/14 03:00 PM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
bluelund79 Offline
Tracker

Loc: Ft. Knox, KY
Agreed. Wish my employer allowed cc. Nothing more concerning than a carry gun locked in safe

#5481723 - 12/16/14 05:20 PM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
Buzzsaw Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Frisco, Texas
problem I have is, I need to carry my XDM 9mm with laser, so I would have a better chance to kill the perp at a descent range 20yds. I love my little XDS .45 but I need to practice more with it.

seems like if you were caught in the coffee shop situation, it might be better to get cover, and a good rest and make a accurate shot , or, try to get close where it would be an easier shot.

is this creepy, or am I the only one who thinks about "what would YOU (I) do"?

I'm also afraid these lone wolf type dick heads will hit us where it hurts most, our schools. my daughter teaches first grade at a major local school district and she "legally" can't carry hers.

pretty scary to think your daughter would have to be first line of defense. merry Christmas

dang, sorry bout the dark thread.

#5481753 - 12/16/14 05:36 PM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Fishing Fester]
Slow Drifter Offline

Loc: Central Texas
Originally Posted By: Fishing Fester
I agree with toxarch on this one. Open carry just tells the bad guys who to go after first.

I also agree, but I also think it should be an option. Given enough time and enough carriers maybe those who would do us harm would start looking at carry weapons like roaches. For every one you see there are a hundred more you can't.

Edited by Slow Drifter (12/16/14 05:36 PM)

A. Einstein

#5481967 - 12/16/14 06:52 PM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
okstatefan Offline
Tracker

Loc: Forney, TX
I generally carry everywhere I go and around the house as well. However, I'm also a school teacher and have to lock my rig in the truck. Luckily, I teach in a portable and my vehicle is right outside the door. I really don't like taking my piece off when I get out each morning.

#5482322 - 12/16/14 08:50 PM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
KRoyal Online   sleepy
THF Celebrity

Loc: Sherman/North of Dallas
Originally Posted By: Buzzsaw
problem I have is, I need to carry my XDM 9mm with laser, so I would have a better chance to kill the perp at a descent range 20yds. I love my little XDS .45 but I need to practice more with it.

seems like if you were caught in the coffee shop situation, it might be better to get cover, and a good rest and make a accurate shot , or, try to get close where it would be an easier shot.

is this creepy, or am I the only one who thinks about "what would YOU (I) do"?

I'm also afraid these lone wolf type dick heads will hit us where it hurts most, our schools. my daughter teaches first grade at a major local school district and she "legally" can't carry hers.

pretty scary to think your daughter would have to be first line of defense. merry Christmas

dang, sorry bout the dark thread.

Relying on a laser to make accurate shots probably isn't a good thing. Sounds like you might need to practice more with your XDm9 as well.

Rapid Design Lab

#5482831 - 12/17/14 07:19 AM Re: Ya'll ready for the Lone Wolf attack???!!! [Re: Buzzsaw]
Piper354 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: East Texas
I do not think it is weird to play out a 'what if' situation in your head. To me that is called being a responsible CCP holder, especially in today's world. It is called situational awareness. I am by no means a paranoid, zombie killer, militia member, or tin hat wearer, but I am a people watcher. It may be the hot mom at the store or the questionable looking thug at the store, but I always am aware of my surroundings.

Mike

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide