Print Thread
Thompson Center 30-06 question #5479025 12/15/14 09:02 PM
S
Son of a Blitch Offline OP
Extreme Tracker
OP Offline
Extreme Tracker
S
I've been looking at getting a new 30-06 lately, as a 2nd gun. Haven't shot a TC, yet, but always been curious.
Seen a lot of Ventures online at the price I'm looking to pay. Anyone own one? What's your take on them?
Thanks in advance for any input/reviews.
~George

George Blitch
george@mapmyranch.com
www.SonofaBlitch.com
www.MapMyRanch.com
www.YouTube.com/@sonofablitch
"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB
Re: Thompson Center 30-06 question [Re: Son of a Blitch] #5479040 12/15/14 09:12 PM
K
Kevin_M Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
K
I cant say personally but a buddy of mine has a TC Venture in .308 and loves it. He says it's the best shooting rifle he owns excluding his AR's

Re: Thompson Center 30-06 question [Re: Son of a Blitch] #5479062 12/15/14 09:20 PM
J
JRJ6 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
I have a TC Icon in 30.06 and a TC Venture in 223 - both are bolt actions
they are both great guns! have not been disappointed

Re: Thompson Center 30-06 question [Re: Son of a Blitch] #5479119 12/15/14 09:47 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
A number of folks on some other Forums I read echo'd the same sentiment you saw above.

Right now thru the end of December there is a $75 Rebate on New Rifle purchases, but you must have the original carton, becuase to get the Rebate you'll have to cut off the label and mail it in along with the Sales Receipt and a signed Rebate form, available to download from the TC website. This also registers you as the original owner and gives you a Lifetime Warranty on the Venture you bought.

FYI there also has been a Recall on guns built before ummm sometime in July '13 ??? again the Webiste will have the deatials. If you buy a new gun, that has a big Red Star stamped on the label, it has already been back and is repaired. Also you will see a very small punch mark on the out side edge of the safety lever, that indicates that that gun has been thru the Recall process. TC is now owned by Smith & Wesson, and all the production has been moved to the Springfield MA plant is what I heard...but there are some leftover NIB Rochester NH guns still out there. The 308 I bought last Spring was that way, and I used it as trade bait early this fall before I shot it...and did not loose any money on the deal.

I'll buy another one if they run the Rebate again next Spring, especially if they actually do produce a 6.5x55 Swede as shown on the Spec Sheet, or the guy in Albany NY gets another limited run of 6.5x284's built.

Boyd's now offers a full selection of after market Laminate & wood stocks at standard prices...so I believe the Venture is here to stay, with the new S&W Ownership backing them.

FYI This TC Venture recall is NOT like the current and on going Remmy Recall that will affect the so called "Walker Triggers" as I understand it...but does affect beaux coup thousands and several years worth of Remmy 700's of all flavors and models - see the Website for accurate details.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Thompson Center 30-06 question [Re: Son of a Blitch] #5479135 12/15/14 09:53 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
A number of folks on some other Forums I read echo'd the same sentiment you saw above.

Right now thru the end of December there is a $75 Rebate on New Rifle purchases, but you must have the original carton, becuase to get the Rebate you'll have to cut off the label and mail it in along with the Sales Receipt and a signed Rebate form, available to download from the TC website. This also registers you as the original owner and gives you a Lifetime Warranty on the Venture you bought.

FYI there also has been a Recall on guns built before ummm sometime in July '13 ??? again the Webiste will have the deatials. If you buy a new gun, that has a big Red Star stamped on the label, it has already been back and is repaired. Also you will see a very small punch mark on the out side edge of the safety lever, that indicates that that gun has been thru the Recall process. TC is now owned by Smith & Wesson, and all the production has been moved to the Springfield MA plant is what I heard...but there are some leftover NIB Rochester NH guns still out there. The 308 I bought last Spring was that way, and I used it as trade bait early this fall before I shot it...and did not loose any money on the deal.

I'll buy another one if they run the Rebate again next Spring, especially if they actually do produce a 6.5x55 Swede as shown on the Spec Sheet, or the guy in Albany NY gets another limited run of 6.5x284's built.

Boyd's now offers a full selection of after market Laminate & wood stocks at standard prices...so I believe the Venture is here to stay, with the new S&W Ownership backing them.

FYI This TC Venture recall is NOT like the current and on going Remmy Recall that will affect the so called "Walker Triggers" as I understand it...but does affect beaux coup thousands and several years worth of Remmy 700's of all flavors and models - see the Website for accurate details.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide