475564 Topics
6238609 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#5479025 - 12/15/14 03:02 PM Thompson Center 30-06 question
George - w/ Map My Ranch Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Houston, Texas
I've been looking at getting a new 30-06 lately, as a 2nd gun. Haven't shot a TC, yet, but always been curious.
Seen a lot of Ventures online at the price I'm looking to pay. Anyone own one? What's your take on them?
Thanks in advance for any input/reviews.
~George

"Keep your aim as true as your word" - GB

#5479040 - 12/15/14 03:12 PM Re: Thompson Center 30-06 question [Re: George - w/ Map My Ranch]
Kevin_M Offline
Tracker

Loc: Buda, Tx
I cant say personally but a buddy of mine has a TC Venture in .308 and loves it. He says it's the best shooting rifle he owns excluding his AR's

#5479062 - 12/15/14 03:20 PM Re: Thompson Center 30-06 question [Re: George - w/ Map My Ranch]
JRJ6 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Dallas, TX
I have a TC Icon in 30.06 and a TC Venture in 223 - both are bolt actions
they are both great guns! have not been disappointed

#5479119 - 12/15/14 03:47 PM Re: Thompson Center 30-06 question [Re: George - w/ Map My Ranch]
WileyCoyote Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: The Dogwood Capital of Texas
A number of folks on some other Forums I read echo'd the same sentiment you saw above.

Right now thru the end of December there is a $75 Rebate on New Rifle purchases, but you must have the original carton, becuase to get the Rebate you'll have to cut off the label and mail it in along with the Sales Receipt and a signed Rebate form, available to download from the TC website. This also registers you as the original owner and gives you a Lifetime Warranty on the Venture you bought.

FYI there also has been a Recall on guns built before ummm sometime in July '13 ??? again the Webiste will have the deatials. If you buy a new gun, that has a big Red Star stamped on the label, it has already been back and is repaired. Also you will see a very small punch mark on the out side edge of the safety lever, that indicates that that gun has been thru the Recall process. TC is now owned by Smith & Wesson, and all the production has been moved to the Springfield MA plant is what I heard...but there are some leftover NIB Rochester NH guns still out there. The 308 I bought last Spring was that way, and I used it as trade bait early this fall before I shot it...and did not loose any money on the deal.

I'll buy another one if they run the Rebate again next Spring, especially if they actually do produce a 6.5x55 Swede as shown on the Spec Sheet, or the guy in Albany NY gets another limited run of 6.5x284's built.

Boyd's now offers a full selection of after market Laminate & wood stocks at standard prices...so I believe the Venture is here to stay, with the new S&W Ownership backing them.

FYI This TC Venture recall is NOT like the current and on going Remmy Recall that will affect the so called "Walker Triggers" as I understand it...but does affect beaux coup thousands and several years worth of Remmy 700's of all flavors and models - see the Website for accurate details.
Ron

TooTaToo...We have MET the Enemy...and He is US !!... Pogo

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it...George Santayana

#5479135 - 12/15/14 03:53 PM Re: Thompson Center 30-06 question [Re: George - w/ Map My Ranch]
WileyCoyote Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: The Dogwood Capital of Texas
A number of folks on some other Forums I read echo'd the same sentiment you saw above.

Right now thru the end of December there is a $75 Rebate on New Rifle purchases, but you must have the original carton, becuase to get the Rebate you'll have to cut off the label and mail it in along with the Sales Receipt and a signed Rebate form, available to download from the TC website. This also registers you as the original owner and gives you a Lifetime Warranty on the Venture you bought.

FYI there also has been a Recall on guns built before ummm sometime in July '13 ??? again the Webiste will have the deatials. If you buy a new gun, that has a big Red Star stamped on the label, it has already been back and is repaired. Also you will see a very small punch mark on the out side edge of the safety lever, that indicates that that gun has been thru the Recall process. TC is now owned by Smith & Wesson, and all the production has been moved to the Springfield MA plant is what I heard...but there are some leftover NIB Rochester NH guns still out there. The 308 I bought last Spring was that way, and I used it as trade bait early this fall before I shot it...and did not loose any money on the deal.

I'll buy another one if they run the Rebate again next Spring, especially if they actually do produce a 6.5x55 Swede as shown on the Spec Sheet, or the guy in Albany NY gets another limited run of 6.5x284's built.

Boyd's now offers a full selection of after market Laminate & wood stocks at standard prices...so I believe the Venture is here to stay, with the new S&W Ownership backing them.

FYI This TC Venture recall is NOT like the current and on going Remmy Recall that will affect the so called "Walker Triggers" as I understand it...but does affect beaux coup thousands and several years worth of Remmy 700's of all flavors and models - see the Website for accurate details.
Ron

TooTaToo...We have MET the Enemy...and He is US !!... Pogo

Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it...George Santayana

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide