Print Thread
Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 #5461143 12/06/14 04:53 PM
K
KH12 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
K
Im thinking the thread was locked cause people are posting litters for sale now.

Re: Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 [Re: KH12] #5461174 12/06/14 05:12 PM
M
Mathewrodriguez Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
M
FT dogs often get stereotyped as "fire-breathing dragons." Competitive FT dogs require control as much as bottom. FC caliber dogs are biddable, tractable, and highly intelligent with an immense desire to please; the cream of the crop. The argument based on FT dogs being out of control is generally more case specific and confined primarily to half-bred pedigrees. Statistically it is less likely to get desirable out of half-desirable. "A little mold spoils the loaf." Solidified by the story in the prior thread of the high strung, "hot" dog with Trumarc lines buried deep in the pedigree.

I train on occasion with Danny and have run against him in FT quals. I have also run HTs which Angie participated. A watchful eye would immediately identify Danny's dogs not only superior in marking and performance ability, but far superior in obedience and control while demonstrating eagerness to please. Danny's dogs get off the truck ready to work, walk to the holding blind under no constraint and in complete control while wagging their tail. There is no pulling or yanking on the leash; no jumping frantically. His dogs heel to line and sit perfectly still without hassle. They don't creep. They don't break. They don't move. Danny's dogs are as polished as any group of retrievers in the country; and they are all FT dogs. Danny and Judy are the essence of the Trumarc line.

Not to discard that there are benefits of show bred dogs, but rarely do you find crosses that exemplify desirable traits. Further, odds significantly decrease when unproven dogs are crossed with weak pedigrees. I firmly believe $2k for a pup out of a non titled bitch (who's out of a non-titled dam by a non-titled sire) with a 3/4 weak pedigree by a JH with a decent show line and basically non-existent HT/performance is OUTRAGEOUS for a pup.
Shameful when pups being offered are on Limited Registration when the dam does not have titles, the dam's sire and dam don't have titles and the sire only has a JH. The breeder's standard should be at least that which they condone.

A solid dual-purpose pedigree is rare, but can be found. Deep-run Farms, Highvoltage, Candlewoods, Redmark Retrievers… all have solid lines with high priority on temperament and performance. Locally, both Best Retrievers and Hidden Lake Retrievers produce excellent family/hunting dogs regularly. FAIRLY PRICED and PROVEN dogs with good bloodlines.

Re: Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 [Re: KH12] #5461411 12/06/14 08:40 PM
R
RayB Offline
red bone Bob
red bone Bob
R
KH12, PM me your contact info and I'll put a notice in the classifieds. That's where the mods want this type of notice. I expect this one will get locked as well.
When you have 100 posts (I Think) you can post in the classifieds. I'll be happy to help. Just saying.

There is time, and you must take it, to lay your hand on your dog's head as you walk past him lying on the floor or on his settle, time to talk with him, to remember with him, time to please him, time you can't buy back once he's gone" GBE
Re: Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 [Re: KH12] #5461759 12/07/14 12:36 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
agree WITH MATHEW

SPACE FOR RENT

Re: Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 [Re: Mathewrodriguez] #5461835 12/07/14 01:46 AM
B
Birdhunter61 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Originally Posted By: Mathewrodriguez
FT dogs often get stereotyped as "fire-breathing dragons." Competitive FT dogs require control as much as bottom. FC caliber dogs are biddable, tractable, and highly intelligent with an immense desire to please; the cream of the crop. The argument based on FT dogs being out of control is generally more case specific and confined primarily to half-bred pedigrees. Statistically it is less likely to get desirable out of half-desirable. "A little mold spoils the loaf." Solidified by the story in the prior thread of the high strung, "hot" dog with Trumarc lines buried deep in the pedigree.

I train on occasion with Danny and have run against him in FT quals. I have also run HTs which Angie participated. A watchful eye would immediately identify Danny's dogs not only superior in marking and performance ability, but far superior in obedience and control while demonstrating eagerness to please. Danny's dogs get off the truck ready to work, walk to the holding blind under no constraint and in complete control while wagging their tail. There is no pulling or yanking on the leash; no jumping frantically. His dogs heel to line and sit perfectly still without hassle. They don't creep. They don't break. They don't move. Danny's dogs are as polished as any group of retrievers in the country; and they are all FT dogs. Danny and Judy are the essence of the Trumarc line.

Not to discard that there are benefits of show bred dogs, but rarely do you find crosses that exemplify desirable traits. Further, odds significantly decrease when unproven dogs are crossed with weak pedigrees. I firmly believe $2k for a pup out of a non titled bitch (who's out of a non-titled dam by a non-titled sire) with a 3/4 weak pedigree by a JH with a decent show line and basically non-existent HT/performance is OUTRAGEOUS for a pup.
Shameful when pups being offered are on Limited Registration when the dam does not have titles, the dam's sire and dam don't have titles and the sire only has a JH. The breeder's standard should be at least that which they condone.

A solid dual-purpose pedigree is rare, but can be found. Deep-run Farms, Highvoltage, Candlewoods, Redmark Retrievers… all have solid lines with high priority on temperament and performance. Locally, both Best Retrievers and Hidden Lake Retrievers produce excellent family/hunting dogs regularly. FAIRLY PRICED and PROVEN dogs with good bloodlines.

Actually, Judy is Trumarc- Danny is Vinwood. All the Trumarc dogs Danny has came from Judy.

Robby

Re: Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 [Re: KH12] #5461886 12/07/14 02:23 AM
K
KH12 Offline OP
Light Foot
OP Offline
Light Foot
K
Well said Mathew.

Thanks barny but im not trying to sell any pups

Re: Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 [Re: KH12] #5461902 12/07/14 02:32 AM
P
Play Maker Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
P
Who are Judy and Danny?

Re: Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 [Re: KH12] #5461954 12/07/14 02:57 AM
M
maximumintensityretriever Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
I'm going to go out on a limb and say that the OP of the other thread has a snowballs chance in hell of getting a Trumarc or Vinwood dog.

Tony Marshall
Maximum Intensity Retrievers
https://m.facebook.com/maximumintensity.retrievers
(903) 720-6842
Re: Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 [Re: Mathewrodriguez] #5463151 12/07/14 09:23 PM
A
Angie B Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
Originally Posted By: Mathewrodriguez

Mary Howley would have quite a chuckle over this opinion. For being a new guy Mathew you sure do know a lot. roflmao

Angie

"Developing the Potential"
www.tiogaretrievers.com
Re: Looking for a Duck dog! Part 2 [Re: Play Maker] #5463747 12/08/14 01:38 AM
B
Buzzsaw Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
B
Originally Posted By: Play Maker
Who are Judy and Danny?