Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,006
Posts9,719,369
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer #5458106 12/04/14 09:46 PM
W
Western Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Considering buying a .22 rifle online, trying to find out who I can use for FFL shipment, the guy I used before (my taxidermist) closed his shop, but was great at transfers for $20

If you are an FFL, or know one in the area, I'd appreciate a heads up. PM's are fine if needed.

If at first you dont succeed, then skydiving is not for you..

"Don't trust everything you read on the Internet"- Abraham Lincoln

Dennis

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5458223 12/04/14 10:47 PM
P
Poke81 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
I use John at Cal-Tex in Granbury, He charges $15/transfer and is open at night as he works a real job during the day. He has a helluva selection of 22LR in there also so you may not actually have to order one.

http://www.cal-texgunbarn.com

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5458248 12/04/14 11:05 PM
Fishing Fester Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Texas pawn on Palo pinto is 20 I think. Gibson on main us 20 or 30. Both in Weatherford.

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5458251 12/04/14 11:07 PM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I use Weatherford Pawn. They charge $25 but are right down the road so I don't burn much gasoline getting there and back. Nice guys to joke around with as well. They know to leave a discrete message when they call just in case your wife doesn't know you bought a gun.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5458275 12/04/14 11:23 PM
Anton Chigurh Offline
Tracker
Tracker
If you're looking to use someone like Bud's Gunshop, I'd just use someone already on their preferred list. That way you don't have any extra work to do, like having to get an FFL who's not alreaady on their list to send their info in.

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Anton Chigurh] #5458279 12/04/14 11:26 PM
W
Western Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Anton Chigurh
If you're looking to use someone like Bud's Gunshop, I'd just use someone already on their preferred list. That way you don't have any extra work to do, like having to get an FFL who's not alreaady on their list to send their info in.

Buds is sold out of the one I want. The gun has been discontinued and the new model doesnt get the same reviews.

BTW it is a CZ 452 Ultralux Bolt Action Rifle, 22LR

Dennis

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5458283 12/04/14 11:30 PM
Anton Chigurh Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Hmm. IIRC Buds has an FFL search feature, find one in your area on their site and you'll have an FFL that is willing to do transfers.

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Fishing Fester] #5458284 12/04/14 11:30 PM
W
Western Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Poke81
I use John at Cal-Tex in Granbury, He charges $15/transfer and is open at night as he works a real job during the day. He has a helluva selection of 22LR in there also so you may not actually have to order one.
http://www.cal-texgunbarn.com

I will definitely check that out, but bet it is a long shot, would save me over $60!

Originally Posted By: Toxarch
I use Weatherford Pawn. They charge $25 but are right down the road so I don't burn much gasoline getting there and back. Nice guys to joke around with as well. They know to leave a discrete message when they call just in case your wife doesn't know you bought a gun.

That would work too, there is a PS on the N side on 51, that the one?

Originally Posted By: Fishing Fester
Texas pawn on Palo pinto is 20 I think. Gibson on main us 20 or 30. Both in Weatherford.

I know where Gibson is!! didn't realize they did that, thanks!!

Dennis

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5458286 12/04/14 11:31 PM
W
Western Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
BTW, the folks here in Springtown, one gun shop and the pawn shop want $50!!

Dennis

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5458291 12/04/14 11:33 PM
A
aggiehunter03 Online Content
Veteran Tracker
Online Content
Veteran Tracker
A
Bargain Hunter Outdoors on 20 across from Home Depot does them as well as Lone Star arms. Not sure how much. Talk to Andy at Bargain Hunters. He is a good source for hard to find guns too.

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5458301 12/04/14 11:43 PM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Western

That would work too, there is a PS on the N side on 51, that the one?

No, it's the one on Fort Worth Highway (183) between Weatherford and Hudson Oaks.

Weatherford Pawn
1720 Fort Worth Hwy, Weatherford, TX 76086
(817) 594-8511

Most of the time, if I buy a gun from PSA and have it shipped to them, When I walk in, they tell me they ordered the same gun for themselves and give me pointers on what problems I might run into shooting it and what they did to fix it.

It is far more important to be able to hit the target than it is to haggle over who makes a weapon or who pulls a trigger.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: aggiehunter03] #5458307 12/04/14 11:45 PM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: aggiehunter03
Bargain Hunter Outdoors on 20 across from Home Depot does them as well as Lone Star arms. Not sure how much. Talk to Andy at Bargain Hunters. He is a good source for hard to find guns too.

Last time I called Lone Star, they wanted something like $65 for a transfer fee. I guess they want to make a profit off someone else's sale.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Toxarch] #5458376 12/05/14 12:29 AM
H
huntwest Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H

Last time I called Lone Star, they wanted something like $65 for a transfer fee. I guess they want to make a profit off someone else's sale.

Really? Since you are buying it from someone else and they are not making anything on a gun sale why wouldn't they want to make something on the transfer? They aren't in business to stuff for free or at zero profit.

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Anton Chigurh] #5458382 12/05/14 12:31 AM
W
Western Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Originally Posted By: Anton Chigurh
Hmm. IIRC Buds has an FFL search feature, find one in your area on their site and you'll have an FFL that is willing to do transfers.

Did that and also the one on Gunbroker, most of them haven't been on on some time, one that was logged on 2 days ago is $50, plus there are many FFLs that aren't listed and just buy and sell, so.....

Dennis

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: huntwest] #5458401 12/05/14 12:39 AM
T
Toxarch Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: huntwest

Really? Since you are buying it from someone else and they are not making anything on a gun sale why wouldn't they want to make something on the transfer? They aren't in business to stuff for free or at zero profit.

Yes, Really. I didn't say do it for free. Charging $40-45 MORE than every other FFL doing transfers in the area is a hefty profit at around 200%. That price tells me they have zero interest in accepting FFL transfers. If you want to go there, go right ahead. It's your money. I prefer not to take it up the rear. I'll pay another FFL.

� Dwight D. Eisenhower
Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: huntwest] #5458416 12/05/14 12:47 AM
Anton Chigurh Offline
Tracker
Tracker
Originally Posted By: huntwest

I don't blame them for charging that much on transfers to get something out of the deal, but I wouldn't pay it either. I think $20-40 is a fair charge, that compensates the LGS for their time doing the transfer.

As far as purchasing from discount online dealers instead of an LGS, I'm conflicted. It's nice to support local businesses, so I try to call the one or two I use before I purchase a rifle to check availability and price. Sometimes, with one of them in particular, they are real close and I'll buy the rifle locally. Other times its quite a bit of difference in price or they don't have what I want, so I buy it online, and use a pawn shop for the transfer. I do try to buy most of my reloading components locally.

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5458468 12/05/14 01:38 AM
W
Western Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Paper work takes 10-15 minutes... confused2

Dennis

Re: FFL dealer around Weatherford/ Springtown? for transfer [Re: Western] #5460024 12/05/14 09:33 PM
W
Western Offline OP
THF Celebrity
OP Offline
THF Celebrity
W
Thanks for the reply fellas, ended up changing the firearm I was looking at, to one in stock on Gunbroker and used their FFL locator. Using Weatherford cash and pawn since they where on the preferred list and only $20 (and a bit closer to me), the other pawn shop mentioned in this thread (also on the preferred list), would have been the next one.

Dennis

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide