Forums46
Topics538,036
Posts9,732,231
Members87,055
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5465549 12/08/14 09:48 PM
K
Kingpin Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
We have a small weekend place where the neighbor likes to throw "trail rides" - meaning a big loud party until 2 am. Just ruins being out there. Luckily we hunt a big ranch near SA. Feel for you.

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Kingpin] #5494787 12/23/14 02:26 PM
W
Wiredhernandez Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
I just posted "want" for lease section... Still workin though.

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: cameron00] #5494985 12/23/14 03:40 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: cameron00
Originally Posted By: dawaba
Swallow your anger and stroll over there and talk to the neighbors. Inform them of your concerns. Maybe the two of you can find some common ground. That's being neighborly.

Most every neighbor is a good person. Very few are a-holes.

Cannot disagree with the last statement more.

Tons and tons of people are a-holes.
Yep, it's true. I had the same problem for years until I got the Sheriff and Game Warden involved. They've both paid him a visit. Problem solved smile

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5495297 12/23/14 05:51 PM
C
cabosandinh Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
C
Originally Posted By: Wiredhernandez
Started having neighbor issues last year and was not 100% it is intentional... I am now... found an oily rag on our property tied to a bush... chainsaws and no trees falling during prime hunting hours... four wheelers and trucks driving about..

Got out the blind can "called" at the top of my lungs ( I could hear the truck stop and idle .. I know they heard me.) they did not respond ... no way they could not hear me..

As it got darker they continued with noise and fired off at least 100 rounds at nothing ...

Placed a call to the local GW .. well see what happens...

Hunting has always been tough for us but past two seasons really hard since this all started.. the 4th trip out and not seen a single deer...

This is our land so we cant just leave.. I may be looking for a least to hunt next season...

The neighbors land was always vacant till last year and we always had "some" game till last year...

Should you be my rude Leon Co neighbor .. F ... U...!

I still simmer...

why should you be mad if he's shooting , four wheeling on his property?

just because you hunt doesn't mean he hunts or cares about hunting

when I am on my land I do what I want , that includes driving T Posts with jack hammer,
target shooting , duck hunting or deer hunting

I had a guy to the north of me complained that I shot off rounds during hunting season,
I told him it's my land, as long as I am not shooting at him it's none of his concern

He conceded I was right and shut up

I was hunting saturday afternoon and the folks to the south of me shot off about 50 rds

dove is in season again or they're target practice or just tried to irritate me,,,
I don't care, the more they shoot the more game will run toward me/my area

too many pissy hunters of late,

chill out guys,,,,, they have as much right to enjoy their piece
of land as you do

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: cabosandinh] #5498764 12/25/14 05:24 AM
W
Wiredhernandez Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
W
Originally Posted By: cabosandinh
Originally Posted By: Wiredhernandez
Started having neighbor issues last year and was not 100% it is intentional... I am now... found an oily rag on our property tied to a bush... chainsaws and no trees falling during prime hunting hours... four wheelers and trucks driving about..

Got out the blind can "called" at the top of my lungs ( I could hear the truck stop and idle .. I know they heard me.) they did not respond ... no way they could not hear me..

As it got darker they continued with noise and fired off at least 100 rounds at nothing ...

Placed a call to the local GW .. well see what happens...

Hunting has always been tough for us but past two seasons really hard since this all started.. the 4th trip out and not seen a single deer...

This is our land so we cant just leave.. I may be looking for a least to hunt next season...

The neighbors land was always vacant till last year and we always had "some" game till last year...

Should you be my rude Leon Co neighbor .. F ... U...!

I still simmer...

why should you be mad if he's shooting , four wheeling on his property?

just because you hunt doesn't mean he hunts or cares about hunting

when I am on my land I do what I want , that includes driving T Posts with jack hammer,
target shooting , duck hunting or deer hunting

I had a guy to the north of me complained that I shot off rounds during hunting season,
I told him it's my land, as long as I am not shooting at him it's none of his concern

He conceded I was right and shut up

I was hunting saturday afternoon and the folks to the south of me shot off about 50 rds

dove is in season again or they're target practice or just tried to irritate me,,,
I don't care, the more they shoot the more game will run toward me/my area

too many pissy hunters of late,

chill out guys,,,,, they have as much right to enjoy their piece
of land as you do

All true, except for when said activities ONLY occur during prime hunting ours and during deer season. Maybe you didn't read all.. This is not just a guy enjoying the woods...

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5505614 12/29/14 06:39 AM
O
Oneshot.308 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
O
We all have the right to do anything we want to legally do on land we own or lease. However just because you CAN doesn't mean you SHOULD. People that have no consideration or respect how their actions affect others nearby are selfish and arrogant. I hope the OP can get it resolved.

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5505689 12/29/14 12:42 PM
K
Ketchn Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
intentionally or unintentionally it sure does chap me as well when someone ruins a hunt for me

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5521788 01/05/15 09:40 PM
B
Bengoin Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
Good luck

Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez] #5522057 01/05/15 11:55 PM
7ARanch Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
I'm never happy when the neighbor does any of the things mentioned here but at the end of the day I keep reminding myself it's his land to do with as he pleases. Doesn't make it less irritating but keeps my BP in check. I make every effort to be a good neighbor but I'm sure every so often I torque them off too. Good luck with it.

Destroyer 340; Easton Flatline; Grim Reapers
Not as Mean Not as Lean but still a Marine

Billy Bob: My nose is dripping on my balls...
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide