Forum Stats
60412 Members
45 Forums
475577 Topics
6238748 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#5456497 - 12/03/14 02:43 PM Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot
Wiredhernandez Offline
Woodsman

Started having neighbor issues last year and was not 100% it is intentional... I am now... found an oily rag on our property tied to a bush... chainsaws and no trees falling during prime hunting hours... four wheelers and trucks driving about..

Got out the blind can "called" at the top of my lungs ( I could hear the truck stop and idle .. I know they heard me.) they did not respond ... no way they could not hear me..

As it got darker they continued with noise and fired off at least 100 rounds at nothing ...

Placed a call to the local GW .. well see what happens...

Hunting has always been tough for us but past two seasons really hard since this all started.. the 4th trip out and not seen a single deer...

This is our land so we cant just leave.. I may be looking for a least to hunt next season...

The neighbors land was always vacant till last year and we always had "some" game till last year...

Should you be my rude Leon Co neighbor .. F ... U...!

I still simmer...

#5456546 - 12/03/14 03:04 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez]
Tff caribou Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Watauga, TX
Man, that's a tough spot. It's going to be hard to prove they are breaking the harassment law if it's all happening on their property, and unless you have em on game camera, you can't prove that was their oil soaked rag. Have you tried going over and speaking to them about it. It is possible (though unlikely) they are just ignorant and are out having fun shooting and riding 4 wheelers. Generally (not always) people's action are far less malicious than we think.

#5456548 - 12/03/14 03:04 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez]
wtr Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: West COMMA Texas
confused2

#5456580 - 12/03/14 03:16 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez]
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Texas
Yeah, nothing you can do about that unless you catch them on video specifically targeting you and/or your hunting efforts. They're allowed to drive 4wheelers and rev chainsaws and shoot guns all they want.

My old neighbor used to do that to me. I know he was trying to piss me off, but there's really not a whole lot you can do.

#5456655 - 12/03/14 03:56 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez]
Captain Luke Online   content
Pro Tracker

Loc: Duval County, Starr County
"Should you be my rude Leon Co neighbor .. F ... U...!"

Haha. I wish he was reading this. Then we all could give it to him.

#5456986 - 12/03/14 06:46 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez]
burkie38 Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Texoma
Go over and visit with them, they may not get it.

#5457023 - 12/03/14 07:04 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez]
Mambajeep Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Canton/Athens
Have deal with the same BS for 3 years, SD cards missing, gunshots of all kinds year round (which don't seem to bother the deer much), this year opening morning at 8:30 they decided to hog hunt in a group of 6 in the neighboring pasture. So the deer I was watching found somewhere else to go. It's a tough spot to be in.

#5457033 - 12/03/14 07:08 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez]
Peepaw on Fork Offline
Woodsman

If you get one, leave the gut pile beside the property line

#5457164 - 12/03/14 08:13 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Peepaw on Fork]
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Big Eddy Road, Noonday
Swallow your anger and stroll over there and talk to the neighbors. Inform them of your concerns. Maybe the two of you can find some common ground. That's being neighborly.

Most every neighbor is a good person. Very few are a-holes.

#5457662 - 12/04/14 07:18 AM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: dawaba]
cameron00 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Texas
Originally Posted By: dawaba
Swallow your anger and stroll over there and talk to the neighbors. Inform them of your concerns. Maybe the two of you can find some common ground. That's being neighborly.

Most every neighbor is a good person. Very few are a-holes.

Cannot disagree with the last statement more.

Tons and tons of people are a-holes.

#5457673 - 12/04/14 07:25 AM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: dawaba]
Wiredhernandez Offline
Woodsman

I hear ya on talking I the main problem is .. I do not know how to access the adjacent property via a proper drive up. Google earth shows nothing I can identify as an accessible property entry .. There is an atv trail I could follow with but has a no trespassing sign posted. The brush is too thick to see past however you can hear everything. Like I said I could hear their gas truck idle and pause (I could hear their 3 4wheeler pause as well.. My son was in the blind around 100 yards away and could hear me clearly. This land has been ours over 30 years and I know we didnt put that rag on a bush.. I believe they heard me and did not acknowledge my calls as it was blatantly loud enough to ruin any hunting for the weekend (figured a sacrifice to save upcoming hunts at the time). I think the 100 or so rounds shot were to prove a point (they normally pop off a few shotgun rounds in the am and pm .. calm all afternoon)... The GW has offered to check it out for me and attempt to track them down .. see if they have any fresh cut trees etc.. (Chainsaws but not sound of falling trees..) .. We have only shot 1-2 deer a year and its hard in good years as we rely mostly on doe days and spikes honestly. Past 6 years we have shot 2 good bucks .. This just kinda tops it.. Hopefully gets better as my son at 13 is the most patient kid but gotta say it really sux lately and I dont want him to lose interest.

#5457876 - 12/04/14 01:12 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Captain Luke]
tShawnB Offline
Tracker

Loc: Rolling Plains
Originally Posted By: Captain Luke
"Should you be my rude Leon Co neighbor .. F ... U...!"

Haha. I wish he was reading this. Then we all could give it to him.
There aren't many in Leon County that can operate, much less owns a computer.

Edited by tShawnB (12/04/14 01:13 PM)

#5457930 - 12/04/14 01:56 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez]
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Gonzales, Texas
This is probably a bit more than what some would do, but here is what I did one time when I had similar situation. I knew the family and I knew the grandkids that came over and were making the noise. Although I don't think it was intentional, it was every weekend from Friday through Sunday. I went over and brought the owner a pecan pie and some deer meat. I sat down with the fella and we had a good talk for about two hours in his front yard. I explained that I was trying to get some hunting in on the weekends and about the noise. I mentioned to him about the fence and needing some repair. He had cattle and so did we. We talked about how have always helped each other on fence and cost of repair and such and I expressed how thankful I was to him that he did so. He did agree with me, thanked me for the pie, the venison, and conversation, and told me to come over again sometime and if I needed anything else.

I never heard any noise the rest of the season, we worked on the fence together where we share the property line. I have not ever had another problem with him. He's not a hunter or his family, and they just didn't really understand but they understand about being good neighbors.
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

#5458215 - 12/04/14 04:41 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Wiredhernandez]
Navasot Offline
Natty Love

Loc: Normangee/Navasota TX
Were abouts in leon co?

http://www.j5tractors.com/

#5458285 - 12/04/14 05:31 PM Re: Arrgh... Mad enough to get out blind and Holler.. alot [Re: Navasot]
SniperRAB Online   content
GRAMPS!!!

Loc: Nurturing Biosphere Mothership
Originally Posted By: Navasot
Were abouts in leon co?

Right next to you roflmao

Solid sound advice Curtis...
Good luck to the OP

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide