Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5453444 - 12/02/14 08:36 AM Speaking of Africa - Land Rover
Creekrunner Online   happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Bexar/Gillespie, hunt Terrell
Land Rover supports anti-hunters

Since Toyota kicked their butts all around Africa, I guess they need support from the city-folk that want to tell us all how we should live.

#5453566 - 12/02/14 09:14 AM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Creekrunner]
Palehorse Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Surfside Beach, TX
That's an easy decision. I'd rather have my made in Texas Tacoma any day of the week anyway.

#5455003 - 12/02/14 08:15 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Creekrunner]
Shawheel Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Arizona
Seems like they're alienating a good portion of their customers with that move. Not smart.

#5455074 - 12/02/14 08:45 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Shawheel]
dogcatcher Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Abilene or on the road...
Originally Posted By: Shawheel
Seems like they're alienating a good portion of their customers with that move. Not smart.

The only place we see Land Rovers is the upscale malls, the Land Rover has become more of a yuppie vehicle than a hunter's vehicle. But so has the Toyota Land Cruiser, right behind them are the Ford Broncos, the Chevy Blazers and the rest of the old hunting rigs.

_______ Old style calls for today's outdoorsman_________

#5455117 - 12/02/14 09:02 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: dogcatcher]
Simple Searcher Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Helotes, Hext
Originally Posted By: dogcatcher

The only place we see Land Rovers is the upscale malls, the Land Rover has become more of a yuppie vehicle than a hunter's vehicle. But so has the Toyota Land Cruiser, right behind them are the Ford Broncos, the Chevy Blazers and the rest of the old hunting rigs.

I agree with that Land Rovers are an uppity yuppie thing. The ones I see at the mall have never seen a dirt road. But Broncos?

"Man is still a hunter, still a simple searcher after meat..." Robert C. Ruark

#5455162 - 12/02/14 09:30 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Creekrunner]
THF Celebrity

Yes and Broncos. http://gearheads.org/the-2015-ford-bronco/#.VH6DSWYtBMs

You can even add the Jeep line being marketed to the city crowd. Most Jeeps made today are not even 4 wheel drive today, nothing but a SUV with the Jeep name attached to it.

Hunters make up about 10 percent of the population, hunters as a market is a waste of marketing dollars. There are 90 percent more buyers that will never see off road or a even a country road than those that "cruise" the country.

#5455286 - 12/02/14 10:38 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Creekrunner]
BunnyBlaster Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Plano
I see yuppies with Sequoias but rarely LandCruisers.

#5455306 - 12/02/14 10:51 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Creekrunner]
Sneaky Online   content
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters
My wife has a Land Cruiser, and it sees plenty of action at the deer lease. Even has the mesquite scratches to prove it.

#5455315 - 12/02/14 10:59 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Sneaky]
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
My wife has a Land Cruiser, and it sees plenty of action at the deer lease. Even has the mesquite scratches to prove it.

I can take you to the Mall of Abilene and Shops of Abilene and show a lot more that have never seen dirt on the tires, unless they were inebriated and drove off the pavement.

#5455400 - 12/03/14 04:29 AM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: dogcatcher]
Sneaky Online   content
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters

I can take you to the Mall of Abilene and Shops of Abilene and show a lot more that have never seen dirt on the tires, unless they were inebriated and drove off the pavement.

Oh, I know it. It's a shame, too. The 4 wheel drive on those things is amazing.

#5455816 - 12/03/14 09:56 AM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Simple Searcher]
68rustbucket Online   content
Tracker

Loc: San Marcos, TX
Originally Posted By: Simple Searcher

I agree with that Land Rovers are an uppity yuppie thing. The ones I see at the mall have never seen a dirt road. But Broncos?

Here's a true off road/hunting Bronco

or this one

#5456279 - 12/03/14 01:10 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Creekrunner]
Lowtree Offline
Light Foot

My 85 landcruiser has never been to the mall and stays at the ranch with a corn chumer on the bumper almost year round. As much as I abuse it a bath makes it look good. South Texas brush has not hurt it yet.

#5456305 - 12/03/14 01:21 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Lowtree]
Palehorse Online   content
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Surfside Beach, TX
Originally Posted By: Lowtree
My 85 landcruiser has never been to the mall and stays at the ranch with a corn chumer on the bumper almost year round. As much as I abuse it a bath makes it look good. South Texas brush has not hurt it yet.

Yea, I loved my FJ60. My son totaled it though.

#5456356 - 12/03/14 01:47 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: dogcatcher]
Choctaw Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Texoma

I've noticed a few pickups in DFW just like that too.

#5457025 - 12/03/14 07:06 PM Re: Speaking of Africa - Land Rover [Re: Choctaw]
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: Choctaw

I've noticed millions pickups in DFW just like that too.

Fixed it. But then there are the hunters, they spend $50,000 on a pickup because they need 4x4 etc. and then buy a $10,000 UTV so they don't get their pickup dirty. bang

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide