I don't know if this has already been posted or not but if you're using a propane heater in your stand remember to crack a window, and make sure it can't tip over.
"In an unusual, yet tragic coincidence, two hunters, one in Michigan and one in Wisconsin, were found dead in their burned-out box blinds on Saturday, Nov. 15, 2014. Foul play is not suspected in either case.
According to TheMorningSun.com, Neil Pingel, 85, of Grand Ledge, Mich., was pronounced dead at the scene when the sheriff’s office was called to investigate a deer blind on fire in a field in Elba Township, Mich.
Pingel had been hunting with his son, who had phone contact with Pingel 10 to 15 minutes prior to him noticing the blind on fire.
An autopsy was performed on Pingel, which showed that he likely had a stroke in the blind. In a written statement, Gratiot County Sheriff Doug Wright said Pingel most likely fell to the floor and knocked over a propane heater, which caused the fire.
Also on Saturday, the body of 52-year-old Todd Sikora of Medford, Wis., was located in a burned-out elevated wooden box stand on his property.
According to PriceCountyDaily.com, a friend of Sikora’s filed a missing person report with the Taylor County Sheriff’s Department when Sikora did not show up at the location they’d agreed to meet. The Medford Police Department and Taylor County Sheriff’s Department initiated a search, which led them to the hunting stand on Sikora’s property. The box stand showed clear signs of having been on fire and contained what is believed to be Sikora’s remains in the rubble. His ATV was located underneath the stand.
The investigation revealed that Sikora often used a “sunflower” type LP heater to warm his stand, where he often napped. Forensic analysis will be conducted to verify the identity of the individual located at the site of the burned tree stand. All indications are that the remains are those of Sikora. No foul play is suspected in this case either.
Both are sad and tragic incidents. While Pingel may have already been dead by the time his blind caught on fire, we won’t know what happened to Sikora until the investigation is complete. Perhaps he too suffered some type of health problem, which caused him to knock over his heater."http://www.realtree.com/the-realblog-wit...blinds-over-the