Forum Stats
60416 Members
45 Forums
475692 Topics
6240130 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#5418523 - 11/13/14 02:49 PM BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso...
Chuckw Offline
Woodsman

We just returned from a supposed 5 day aoudad hunt and only stayed 1 day. The guy is a scam artist and we (4 of us) are filing a civil law suit for fraud. Gave the guy an opportunity to put us on a legitimate property or refund some of our money. he wont answer his phone or email. Two of the guys that went contacted their attorneys this morning.If you need specifics please pm and you can call. Too many issues to lay out in text.

#5418564 - 11/13/14 03:04 PM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
sparrish8 Offline
Pro Tracker

Thanks

#5418650 - 11/13/14 03:39 PM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
Chuckw Offline
Woodsman

Gave "joe" every opportunity to make it right. He said he would and then vanished. Hope no one else ever gets burned for that kind of money!

#5419351 - 11/13/14 09:03 PM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
colt45 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: bastrop county
this seems kind of odd, did you do your home work, I did a Google search and couldn't find magnum outfitters, you have been on the forum less than a week and your first post is to bash someone that you don't give much info.

#5419641 - 11/13/14 10:49 PM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
mulie_mike Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: El Paso Texas
I normally keep to myself and stay out of it when it comes to matters like this but in this situation
I will vouch for Chuckw. I too was ripped off by Joseph for a large sum of money. He called me when he was just starting
off and needed some hunters so I went to check out the ranch and familiar with the area I took some of my clients over there
to give it a shot... Well 2 days into the hunt I ended up sending 3 of the 4 clients to another one of my properties
due to there being little to no aoudad on the ranch, no sign, and he slipped up and basically said he was hunting the hell
out of the place. I also found out that he was advertising the ranch as almost double its actual size and we were hunting
on the neighboring property that he did not have permission to access. I also paid for the rights to mule deer hunt and he
promised to feed year round (never happened) and when confronted he would not answer and I had to try to track down
the rancher. Joeseph never came back and would not refund my money so I paid out of my pocket back to my clients
and moved them to another property. Joseph had the audacity to bring in deer hunters right after my guys pulled out and rip them off too,
I know this because they called me a few months later for a javelina hunt and he came up.

I heard that he no longer has this property but since meeting Joeseph I have guided about a dozen people that have hunted with him that feel the very same as Chuckw does.

Joseph has a tendency to pop up from time to time and advertise here and there grab a few hunters then disappear as needed.
Its sad, be honest with people. If its going to be a hard hunt then advertise it as such and don't BS people.

www.westtexashunt.com

Like us on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/WestTexasHuntOrganization/

#5419671 - 11/13/14 10:58 PM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
cazador1022 Offline
Tracker

yup, I remember that trip. That dude is shaaaaaay Deeeeee.

#5419695 - 11/13/14 11:10 PM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: cazador1022]
therancher Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Mountain Home, Uvalde, and Big...
What a shame. Agree with MM. Be honest.
"I cant wait to see if he plays this week, and if he does if he can actually break 50 percent completion ratio. Haha or maybe even throw for 200 yards. Possibly break a QB rating of 75." - Texas Tatonka
www.bigironranchadventures.com

#5420022 - 11/14/14 08:07 AM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: mulie_mike]
Elkhunter49 Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Oak Harbor, Slidell La
Thanks for stepping up Mike. I realize that you really have to be careful how you criticize people within your industry. To many folks will dismiss the message as one party trying to disparage their competition. This may be true at times but I feel that given Mikes reputation here on this board and his proven results that we should take his words to heart. I for one appreciate your willingness to speak up and possibly spare other hunters from getting fleeced by this guy! Baker

#5420145 - 11/14/14 08:58 AM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
TxAg Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Live in Katy, Hunt in Llano Co...
ChuckW- Sorry about your bad luck. It's unfortunate that a few bad apples can tarnish the reputation of Outfitters overall. I'm glad you are throwing the book at him. That's the only thing that will make him stop.

And, on this same thread you will find a highly regarded Aoudad outfitter in MulieMike. Lots of positive reviews and respect on this site. FYI when y'all decide to try again.

Edited by TxAg (11/14/14 08:58 AM)

#5420334 - 11/14/14 10:05 AM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
Rob Lay Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Southlake, TX
glad you said something Mike, I know you often keep to yourself and I've always encouraged you to speak up more! Good job. laugh

people like that are thieves and crooks, we need to expose them and glad OP is taking legal action, that's often the only way to really stop them and get their name on record.

#5420350 - 11/14/14 10:10 AM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
WTGuide Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: Hondo, TX
Guys like this need to be stopped. Yes, they can tarnish outfitters as a whole but if an outfitter has integrity, as in guys like Mulie Mike, then they will continue to flourish. Guys like Joseph are criminals, period, and should be dealt with as such.

Edited by WTGuide (11/14/14 10:10 AM)

#5420433 - 11/14/14 10:35 AM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
nsmike Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: MN
Chuckw; don't discount the possibility of Criminal Fraud charges. It might take documentation of a pattern, for which Mulie Mike would be a resource, sometimes the law needs a little push to take action.

#5420529 - 11/14/14 11:05 AM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: colt45]
Chuckw Offline
Woodsman

Originally Posted By: colt45
this seems kind of odd, did you do your home work, I did a Google search and couldn't find magnum outfitters, you have been on the forum less than a week and your first post is to bash someone that you don't give much info.

Who are you to question my integrity? I clearly stated the details were to great to list in text but i would share them in a phone conversation!

#5420543 - 11/14/14 11:15 AM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
Chuckw Offline
Woodsman

I actually contacted MM about a hunt before i fell into this scam. Honestly, it all came down to money and it appeared that joseph was legitimate. His website looks fairly professional and i had MANY phone, text, and email conversations before the hunt. He was always very polite and professional sounding. He just said all the right things......even though they are all lies! I have the map he sent me that had us hunting on a commercial hunting ranch, another private ranch, AND A TYPE II public hunting area!!!! He told me the place had not been hunted AT ALL since 1997 amd we would be the first. We ran into the cattle rancher and he said joe already had 3 other groups out before us. He drew us a real map of the property we could actually hunt and it was a small fraction of what joe said. I have ALL the email and text correspondence for the lawsuit.

MM, i sincerlely thank you for stepping up to out this piece of garbage. I cant tell you how much i wish we would have booked with you to begin with! If you have any good management hunts come up PLEASE let me know.

Edited by Chuckw (11/14/14 11:16 AM)

#5421164 - 11/14/14 04:24 PM Re: BEWARE! Joseph Gedman aka magnum outfitters el paso... [Re: Chuckw]
colt45 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: bastrop county
Originally Posted By: Chuckw
Originally Posted By: colt45

Who are you to question my integrity? I clearly stated the details were to great to list in text but i would share them in a phone conversation!
not ? your integrity, just not enough info, thanks for all who stepped up, sorry you are in a mess.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide