Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Midway shipping services....ugh! #5417704 11/13/14 03:23 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I ordered a 6.5 Creedmoor cartridge for determining seating depth this past Saturday. I get an immediate email telling me they are on top of it and it will be shipped quickly...I haven't done business with them in the past because they always have been more expensive on the things I've needed...so this is my first experience with them...I'm thinking these guys are great! Hey I don't mind spending a little more IF the service is GREAT! So my initial email saying they shipped it stated I would get it on Friday...hum...that's a little longer than the other guys I've done business with but no big deal. So I decided to check on it this morning...the package arrived last night in Ft Worth...less than 15 miles from my house and they say it won't be delivered until Saturday...really? Three days from arriving in Ft Worth it's going to take three days to travel 10-15 miles? They must be using donkeys to transport it the last 10-15 miles...so I decided to call and just go by and pick it up today since I'm going to be in Ft Worth...well then I find out that it's been sent to the US postal service and tracking is no longer available and I can't pick it up early! AGH!

I then called Midway and ask them about it and their response is I could have paid them more money...really? I ask him if they could assist with the shipping...finding out where the package is going so I can just go pick it up and he refused...That was Midways answer...you need to pay more and they aren't willing to assist...when he said that I ask for my money back and I said they can have the US Postal service return it to them...he refused. He told me I have to wait until it arrives and then put it back in the mail with a note to return to sender and when they get it back...two weeks...they will refund my money...

I was willing to go pick it up myself...no big deal...but when they refuse and tell me I have to wait three days...I'll never do business with them again! I have at least 4 ups trucks drive through my neighborhood a day and yet it goes to the ys postal service! Before anyone blames ups...it's ole Larry's negotiated shipping deal with ups! This is all about a couple of more $$$$$$ per package...this us kier important than service.

Ok rant over!

Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5417771 11/13/14 03:49 PM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Well first I want to know exactly where it is I can get consistently better pricing than MidwayUSA. Sometimes they are higher(not by much) but mostly they are very competitive and have things constantly on sale which I watch for when needing stuff.

Second I would be willing to bet your package would have arrived Friday as my orders always get to me a day or two earlier than what the tracking says when the USPS is involved. Midway started using a combination of UPS and the postal service to cut OUR shipping costs a while back and now they are as cheap as anyone on shipping except maybe Graf&Sons.

I can only say that I have always been treated fairly and am quite happy with my dealings with Midway and I have NEVER upgraded my shipping and sometimes the shipping is unbelievably fast and sometimes it's a little slower but still very timely.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5417810 11/13/14 04:01 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Amazing how we have had different experiences...

Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5417819 11/13/14 04:05 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Have you shopped Brownells? They are the main ones I buy from online and for what I've needed they've always been cheaper and I've gotten FREE shipping!!!

Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5417828 11/13/14 04:08 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
And their customer service has been first class! I had an issue where I wasn't going to be in town for a delivery and they offered to hold it and shop it over night free!!! I didn't take them up on the over night thing because that'd cost them too much $$$ and all I needed was for them to hold it and ship it when I got back in town which they did!!!

Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5417832 11/13/14 04:10 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Frankly Midways customer service was terrible...and as for the change to make shipping cheaper...if cheaper includes poor service...I'm out.

Last edited by Deerhunter61; 11/13/14 04:14 PM.
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5417837 11/13/14 04:11 PM
D
DStroud Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I would only add that I cannot be the only happy customer as they are the probably the largest online shooting supply outfit around and I buy a lot but not enough to keep them in business. cool
Yes Brownells is great too but it seems I find more stuff I need at Midway.

Last edited by DStroud; 11/13/14 04:13 PM.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5417848 11/13/14 04:14 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Havent used midway a lot, but when I have my purchase always arrived before the time stated by ups. I found their prices to be decent and it seems like their shipping has come down which helps. Recently bought some rings bases and tools from midway and they were cheaper than brownels.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: redchevy] #5417968 11/13/14 04:57 PM
D
dawaba Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
I have found Midway to be one of the faster shippers myself. Midway is also the largest contributor to the NRA, and the owner is an US veteran and a self-made businessman who has lived the American dream. They donate heavily to youth shooting and hunting organizations. That may or may not matter to some.

I think I know the reason for the hang up in Ft Worth. Like many online companies, Midway will often ship by UPS to a hub. Then UPS will transfer the package to USPS for final delivery. I don't know why, but that transfer process can take 2-3 days, as it did for me recently with a kitchen item we bought from Amazon. When you receive your package, I bet final delivery will come from the post office, rather than UPS.

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple.....and wrong." H. L. Mencken
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5418154 11/13/14 06:15 PM
R
RiverRider Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Confused
THF Trophy Hunter
R
I just went through a fiasco with USPS delivering a Midway shipment. The US Postal DISservice just SUCKS.

[Linked Image]

"Arguing with you always makes me thirsty."

-Augustus McRae
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: RiverRider] #5418187 11/13/14 06:27 PM
R
redchevy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R
Originally Posted By: RiverRider
The US Postal DISservice just SUCKS.

Truer words have never been spoken.

It's hell eatin em live
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5418373 11/13/14 07:43 PM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
I have some mags from Midway sitting in Corpus Christi that took 2 days to get there, USPS says they will be delivered in 3 days. I'm not blaming Midway on that.

[Linked Image]
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5418416 11/13/14 08:00 PM
603Country Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I ordered some items from both Midway and Sinclair/Brownells. Got the Midway stuff very quickly. The Brownells order wasn't slow, but it took several more days to get here. Midway always seems to be faster, if they have what you ordered.

Not my monkeys, not my circus...
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: dawaba] #5418495 11/13/14 08:32 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: dawaba
I have found Midway to be one of the faster shippers myself. Midway is also the largest contributor to the NRA, and the owner is an US veteran and a self-made businessman who has lived the American dream. They donate heavily to youth shooting and hunting organizations. That may or may not matter to some.

I think I know the reason for the hang up in Ft Worth. Like many online companies, Midway will often ship by UPS to a hub. Then UPS will transfer the package to USPS for final delivery. I don't know why, but that transfer process can take 2-3 days, as it did for me recently with a kitchen item we bought from Amazon. When you receive your package, I bet final delivery will come from the post office, rather than UPS.

Yep...the problem with Midway was the attitude and him saying if I wanted it faster I should have paid more...hit me all wrong! Still does! It's less than 10-15 miles from my house and it's going to take three days to get to me...really! And I can't go pick it up!!!

As for it not being midway's "fault"...they don't get a pass on this because they are the ones who negotiated the shipping service and should/should have known they what they/their customers are getting.

As for them being a supporter of NRA etc...I'm happy they are but that in and of itself doesn't make me choose them over someone else.

Brownells has been the absolute best...frankly I've found better prices and haven't had to pay shipping costs for the items I've bought from them!

Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5418529 11/13/14 08:51 PM
Payne Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Online Shocked
Cat Herder
Have you tried calling Midway back? Maybe you got a CS rep who just found out his wife was cheating on him..

[Linked Image]
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Payne] #5418664 11/13/14 09:46 PM
D
Deerhunter61 Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
D
Originally Posted By: Payne
Have you tried calling Midway back? Maybe you got a CS rep who just found out his wife was cheating on him..

That's the guy who told me should have just paid more for shipping...lol...not the kind of advice I was looking for....

Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5418840 11/13/14 11:17 PM
S
Scoutdog Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Their shipping seems pretty clear to me. You pay the cheaper shipping and it is shipped UPS/USPS with a longer delivery time. If you want it delivered by UPS, you pay a higher amount but get it quicker. You have the option to pick how you want it shipped.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed.
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5418893 11/13/14 11:40 PM
D
Dave Davidson Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
D
I just bought some cams from Midway and elected to pay $4.00 or so more for FedEx. They arrived in 3 days.

OTOH, a renter sent me a check by USPS from one side of the Fort Worth area to another. It took 7 days.

Without a sense of urgency, nothing ever happens.

Boy, if I say "sic em", you'd better look for something to bite. Sam Shelley, Rancher Muleshoe Texas 1892-1985 RIP
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5418900 11/13/14 11:42 PM
C
Cleric Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
Sorry but I think the op is at fault. It has aways been clearly marked as usps final or ups final. I always select ups final cause I know it's tracked better.

The usps final delivery is becoming more popular because it's cheaper for shippers.

Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5418921 11/13/14 11:51 PM
J.G. Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I have spent thousands with Midway for the last six years over probably a hundred orders. Most of the time what I order is at the front gate in three days. Sometimes it has taken five. Big deal, lack of preparation on my part does not constitute an emergency on theirs. This looks to be more of a carrier problem than a Midway problem

It would be more productive to call or e-mail Midway about this than to tell us about it. The rep you got that teed you off is not the commonplace experience I have had the rare times I have called them. When I've called they have been outstanding. He told the truth, though. You want an order faster you pay more. One time I needed a holster the next day. I ordered from Midway on Tuesday morning and got the holster at noon on Wednesday. Paid $40 for the shipping too. "There's no such thing as a free lunch" said my economics teacher.

[Linked Image]
800 Yard Steel Range
Precision Rifle Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: J.G.] #5419135 11/14/14 01:44 AM
fgdn Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
I have spent thousands with Midway for the last six years over probably a hundred orders. Most of the time what I order is at the front gate in three days. Sometimes it has taken five. Big deal, lack of preparation on my part does not constitute an emergency on theirs. This looks to be more of a carrier problem than a Midway problem

It would be more productive to call or e-mail Midway about this than to tell us about it. The rep you got that teed you off is not the commonplace experience I have had the rare times I have called them. When I've called they have been outstanding. He told the truth, though. You want an order faster you pay more. One time I needed a holster the next day. I ordered from Midway on Tuesday morning and got the holster at noon on Wednesday. Paid $40 for the shipping too. "There's no such thing as a free lunch" said my economics teacher.

have shopped both, and end of the day.

both seemed fair on delivery, midway at times was a little higher in price. but when you want what you want

have actually shopped at brownells in person, was a very pleasant experience.

after making my purchase, got a free coffee mug and hat.

free is good

Life's journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting.......holy kaka.....What a Ride!
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5419318 11/14/14 02:54 AM
300 ultra Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
If you pay for the cheapest shipping you get the cheapest delivery postal service it terrible I had two items lost and had to wait 30 days before they would refund my money and I bought from another place shipping was 25 cents more got it in 3 days . I have spent $2100 this year at midway ,and they do have a lot of things in stock , but since gas prices went up and company's have raised prices fedex and ups , company like midway now charge more for better delivery , gas has went back down but midway has not dropped there prices . Ups has and FedEx has . They are a online store and good shipping should be be part of their customer service . Not free but good and add value to buying from them ........

I am going to shoot over there ,No I mean way over there !
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5419657 11/14/14 04:53 AM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Q
I had a package shipped from Brownells that UPS delivered to the right street number, just the wrong street (didn't know it at the time). I called UPS and said 'Where's my package?' They said they would alert Brownells to the issue. Never heard from either one again, thankfully the neighbor on the other street came by the next day and said 'Hey, this came to our house but I think it's yours'.

So far I've had good luck with both Midway and Cabelas.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5419772 11/14/14 06:37 AM
R
RChipman11 Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
R
[quote=Deerhunter61] less than 15 miles from my house and they say it won't be delivered until Saturday...really? Three days from arriving in Ft Worth it's going to take three days to travel 10-15 miles? quote]

The fact that it is 10-15 miles away has nothing to do with it. Packages go from distribution center to distribution center and have to be sorted and all that before going out for final delivery. It doesn't just POOF from Midway to you...in the end you paid for a certain shipping, and will be delivered on or around the projected date. If not, it will be the shipping company at fault, not Midway.. Want better tracking/shipping? Pay for it. Sounds like you were given a logical answer.

Re: Midway shipping services....ugh! [Re: Deerhunter61] #5420140 11/14/14 02:54 PM
Bbear Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Have bought from Midway, Graf's, Brownells, Sinclair and several others. Though Midway isn't always the cheapest, I can count on them to actually SHIP the item when they say they will. Once it's in the hands of UPS or USPS or whoever, there really isn't much to blame Midway for when USPS or whoever, sits on the package. If you need the item(s) sooner, pay for the faster shipping.
As for Midway's customer service, I've had to deal with them a few times and found them to be rather pleasant and willing to help out a customer, IF the customer has a decent attitude about it!

Had an order for some cartridge boxes that arrived with the boxes broken. Called them up and two days later (and I live out in the forgotten part of Texas) they were here. No charge, no questions asked. I'd even taken pictures of the shipping box and the contents to send to them if they wanted. Nope, don't need them.

I'll do business with them again.

The fact that the owners are good people, veteran, staunch 2nd Amendment supporters (they were the one's that started the whole "Round-up for the NRA" as well as the Friends of NRA Fundraisers that have raised more the 200 MILLION for youth shooting sports) is just icing on the cake to me.

[IMG][/IMG]

Pay it forward - Kids are the future.

Rifles are similar to boats and young women...there's no end to how much money you can pour into them without making them any more useful.
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide