6th ANNAUL Lexington Lone Star Varmint Tournament
Location of Meeting Place
Lexington Memorial Park on Highway 77 in Lexington, Texas
Hunt starts: Saturday 12 noon January 24th
Hunt ends: Sunday 1 p.m. January 25th
Max 4 man team
$ 100.00 Entry Fee per team
$5.00 for side pots (optional)
PAYOUTS 1st PLACE through 5th PLACE
Registration Starts 10 am January 24th
Registration Ends 12 noon January 24th
Rules and Information will be presented at Registration,
ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE PRESENT!
Late Registration will close at 3 pm Saturday January 24th
Varmint Gun Raffle
ALL PARTICIPATING HUNTERS 18 AND UP ARE ELIGIBLE TO WIN!!!
We will be giving four guns and other prizes away!
If you have any questions please contact
Tommy Ramsey- 512-636-9488/512-626-7451
Bill Woodward – 512-217-0984
THERE WILL BE A POINT SYSTEM
LION = 100 POINTS-5 ANIMAL CAP
BOBCAT = 45 POINTS-5 ANIMAL CAP
FOX =35 POINTS-5 ANIMAL CAP
COYOTE =25 POINTS-5 ANIMAL CAP
COON =5 POINTS-5 ANIMAL CAP
SIDE POTS: $5 EACH CATEGORY (OPTIONAL)
SIDE POTS ARE: HEAVIEST BOBCAT, FOX, AND COYOTE, ALSO MANGIEST COYOTE
1. All entry fee/side pots must be paid in cash. NO REFUNDS WILL BE GIVEN AFTER 12:00PM NOON) ON SATURDAY JANUARY 24TH OFFICAL START TIME OF THE TOURNAMENT)
2. No more than 4 people per team, you must enter main entry to enter side pots. ALL TEAM MEMBERS MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN!
3. There will be points given on 5 animals per species for main entry. Ties will be broken with total weight of animals.
4. All of the animals must be harvested between 12 noon Saturday and 1 p.m. Sunday (animals will be checked for freshness); animals must be harvested by your entered team ONLY!!
5. No trapped or snared animals will be accepted or counted. No road kill! Anyone bringing in such animals will be disqualified. NO hunting baited areas (LIVE or DEAD) and NO hunting with dogs.
6. You must call the animal in with a mouth call, lip squeaking or electronics, including raccoons.
7. Every team member must be at weigh in to be eligible for the contest and raffle. Must be 18 years of age or older to be eligible to win gun raffle.
8. You may hunt anywhere in the state of Texas, on private land where you have permission, and on state land where varmint hunting is legal. You may have land owner with you while on his land, but landowner may not shoot.
9. Giving, exchanging, or accepting any animal from ANYBODY during the hunt will result in immediate disqualification and the team will be banned from the hunt.
10. Teams are responsible for their own hunting land during the hunt and the proper disposal of their animals after the hunt.
11. The entire team does not have to hunt the whole time (i.e. some can go to sleep), but all hunters MUST be in the same property and must travel together to hunting destinations.
12. Must follow Texas Parks and Wildlife rules and guidelines. Any game violations will result in immediate disqualification.
13. TOP TEAMS WILL BE POLYGRAPHED!!! If you or your team members are unable to take a polygraph due to medication, alcohol or age, YOU WILL BE DISQUALIFIED!!!
14. Team captain in responsible for time and animals.
15. Judges reserve the right to refuse the acceptance of entries/contestants.
16. RULES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE WITHOUT FURTHER NOTIFICATION.
LAST YEAR SPONSORED BY:
3H Cattle Company
B & N Oil field Equipment Co
Boettcher Construction Services
C & H Welding
Game Changer Lights
Giggles & Grins Photography
Graham Brown Insurance
Hildebrandt Meat Market
Jana Burns- Fierce Mobile Fitness
Jeremy’s Electrical Service
Kim Dowdy- Germania Insurance
L2 Services Inc.
Larry’s Fish Farm
Lee County Wildlife Association
Lexington Feed Store
Milam County Livestock Auction
Nocks Bow Repair
Perry’s Septic & Stuff
Possum Hollow BBQ
Randy’s Golf Carts
Saunders Distributing- Coors Light
O’Brien’s Meat Market
TW Welding Inc.
Yegua Creek Cattle Co.
For suggestions, comments, and complaints; please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Check us out on Facebook-
Lexington Lone Star Varmint Tournament