Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: They should make a app [Re: johnboy91] #5417171 11/13/14 04:14 AM
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms
T-Rex Arms
Life is too hard, make it easy for me crying

THF is open everytime I click on safari on my phone. 99% of the time, I am still logged in. I turned off everything that sent me messages or emails. Pretty easy to me and not much different than an app confused2

[Linked Image][Linked Image][Linked Image]
Re: They should make a app [Re: txshntr] #5417319 11/13/14 06:32 AM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Originally Posted By: txshntr
THF is open everytime I click on safari on my phone. 99% of the time, I am still logged in. I turned off everything that sent me messages or emails. Pretty easy to me and not much different than an app confused2

Yep. That's what I pointed out previously in this thread that you can stay logged in. Get emails or not. An app would truly provide very little.

Cheers to ya - Mickey

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: They should make a app [Re: johnboy91] #5417407 11/13/14 12:07 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
What folks are saying about using the browser is true. But the browser cannot come close to the convenience of an app. The app is formatted to the phone for viewing. In a browser, every time you go to a new post or page, you have to resize the page. Notifications by email wastes a lot of time. Depending on traffic, it can take an hour for the email to reach the inbox. Obviously, this isn't the end of the world, but an app is what folks are going to or already want. It's inevitable. No app, and unfortunately, I think THF is going to lose folks. I use both, and the browser cannot keep up with the app. Sure, us old farts will still hang around, but it will get a little quiet here eventually. Again, this is inevitable. We've got to get this figured out, for the good of the forum. 2cents

[Linked Image]
Re: They should make a app [Re: johnboy91] #5417602 11/13/14 02:39 PM
CCBIRDDOGMAN Offline
Bird Herder
Bird Herder
Doesn't matter to me either way but I agree, an app would be cool, kinda like facebook, it works if you just go to FB from your browser but is much better setup for phones and tablets on the app.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
Haven't had it in years but never spit any out.

Originally Posted by bill oxner
I am a sucker for happy endings and strapped cowboys.
Re: They should make a app [Re: kry226] #5420410 11/14/14 04:27 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: kry226
What folks are saying about using the browser is true. But the browser cannot come close to the convenience of an app. The app is formatted to the phone for viewing. In a browser, every time you go to a new post or page, you have to resize the page. Notifications by email wastes a lot of time. Depending on traffic, it can take an hour for the email to reach the inbox. Obviously, this isn't the end of the world, but an app is what folks are going to or already want. It's inevitable. No app, and unfortunately, I think THF is going to lose folks. I use both, and the browser cannot keep up with the app. Sure, us old farts will still hang around, but it will get a little quiet here eventually. Again, this is inevitable. We've got to get this figured out, for the good of the forum. 2cents

Resizing the page has nothing to do with having an app or not. That has to do with a website being responsive. The current format for THF is not what I consider a responsive site. IF the site is built to be responsive you should not have to do any resizing at all on a smartphone. Or in the least, very little. Not many forums are truly responsive and the cost to do that is probably why you wont see it anytime soon for many forums.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Re: They should make a app [Re: Curtis] #5420538 11/14/14 05:12 PM
kry226 Online Content
The General
Online Content
The General
Originally Posted By: Curtis

Resizing the page has nothing to do with having an app or not. That has to do with a website being responsive. The current format for THF is not what I consider a responsive site. IF the site is built to be responsive you should not have to do any resizing at all on a smartphone. Or in the least, very little. Not many forums are truly responsive and the cost to do that is probably why you wont see it anytime soon for many forums.

Or the main site is running a mirror mobile site. The reason some pages are already formatted to the screen in readable size is that you are automatically redirected to the mobile site.

[Linked Image]
Re: They should make a app [Re: kry226] #5420562 11/14/14 05:24 PM
M
Mickey Moose Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M

Or the main site is running a mirror mobile site. The reason some pages are already formatted to the screen in readable size is that you are automatically redirected to the mobile site.

No additional site needed - it's only a matter of simple browser detection and an additional style sheet. Sparing non-technical people details that's a part of the point I was trying to make in previous responses - with some "apps" it's nothing more than a browser... which gets detected as mobile and then receives the same content formatted differently by way CSS.

My botnet is bigger than yours.
Re: They should make a app [Re: txshntr] #5420600 11/14/14 05:50 PM
B
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Originally Posted By: txshntr
Life is too hard, make it easy for me crying

up

Re: They should make a app [Re: Mickey Moose] #5421213 11/14/14 11:04 PM
Curtis Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: Mickey Moose

No additional site needed - it's only a matter of simple browser detection and an additional style sheet. Sparing non-technical people details that's a part of the point I was trying to make in previous responses - with some "apps" it's nothing more than a browser... which gets detected as mobile and then receives the same content formatted differently by way CSS.

BINGO!
Some people seem to think responsive sites means they can zoom in and out on it like you do with a picture. And that's not it at all.

Double Arrow Bow Hunting
www.doublearrowbowhunting.com
Bow hunters welcome!
Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide