Forum Stats
60479 Members
45 Forums
476205 Topics
6246828 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#5406407 - 11/08/14 07:11 AM coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues
gunnut81 Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Lipan TX
Well this is just great I got a bad first impression of my new neighbors leasers I have been in the stand since 5:30 the first truck came in right behind me which I thought great they won't be driving through at sun up messing me up like the last leasers did fairly often, but now a second truck just came through at 5 till 7:00 so now I know my chances are hurt some. In my experience I have always believed it was rude to go out if I can't get out before sunrise because I dont want to mess up someone else's hunt if I am running that late I take advantage and go back to bed and catch up on some sleep (and during deer season I sure could use it) I always kind of thought it was an unwritten rule of hunting especially if you have to go through someone else's area to get to yours.

#5406416 - 11/08/14 07:18 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
Auctioneer1 Offline
Veteran Tracker

Most of the time if a truck comes by they only run a couple hundred yars and stop. Just rember it's deer season guys are going to hunt even if they get a late start just enjoy the day.

#5406423 - 11/08/14 07:23 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
8pointdrop Online   sleepy
Extreme Tracker

Loc: My favorite place TEXAS
How big are these places? Depends on how used to the noise they are. I have ranchers pull through the gate at 7 am and run an ambulance siren, not joking real siren, for 5+ mins calling cows. It don't ever bother me because it don't bother the deer, they hear it all the time and sometimes won't even look that direction while the siren runs full volume.

My bet is its bothering you a lot worse than the deer. They won't leave the county over a truck coming through the gate.

#5406431 - 11/08/14 07:29 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: 8pointdrop]
Shawheel Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Arizona
Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
I have ranchers pull through the gate at 7 am and run an ambulance siren, not joking real siren, for 5+ mins calling cows. It don't ever bother me because it don't bother the deer, they hear it all the time and sometimes won't even look that direction while the siren runs full volume.

That's pretty funny, but you're right. Animals will get used to anything.

#5406467 - 11/08/14 07:57 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
gunnut81 Offline
Bird Dog

I've met these guys they aren't ranchers they are hunters but the way I see it any hunter worth his salt will be in the stand before daylight just gives me the impression that they're amateurs or lackadaisical hunters which tend to annoy me as a serious hunter.

Hec I was up until 1:30 am and still out here at 5:30 there was a violent crime last night a man got his throat cut which is very unusual around here and I went and got a friend of mine who is blind and couldn't defens himself but still insisted on carrying his pistol and his kids and brought them to my house away from the area the guy was last seen and they stayed until 1:30am but gosh darn it I was getting up and hunting this morning.

Edited by gunnut81 (11/08/14 08:05 AM)

#5406476 - 11/08/14 08:01 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
Tff caribou Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Watauga, TX
Look on the bright side. If you oversleep one day, go ahead and hunt. Atleast you know they won't give you grief.

#5406480 - 11/08/14 08:06 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
rifleman Online   crying
Sparkly Pants

Loc: Kingwood
They could be hunting with their significant other who takes forever to get ready to leave in the morning.

#5406481 - 11/08/14 08:06 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
Texican Online   content
Tracker

I don't like it either, but I think it bothers me more than the deer.

#5406488 - 11/08/14 08:09 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
Extreme Tracker

Originally Posted By: gunnut81
I've met these guys they aren't ranchers they are hunters but the way I see it any hunter worth his salt will be in the stand before daylight just gives me the impression that they're amateurs or lackadaisical hunters which tend to annoy me as a serious hunter.

Hec I was up until 1:30 am and still out here at 5:30 there was a violent crime last night a man got his throat cut which is very unusual around here and I went and got a friend of mine who is blind and couldn't defens himself but still insisted on carrying his pistol and his kids and brought them to my house away from the area the guy was last seen and they stayed until 1:30am but gosh darn it I was getting up and hunting this morning.

I understand your frustration believe me, but really don't think it hurt your chances that much. I'd be more worried about what kinda management plan they have than I would what time they are getting there.

#5406494 - 11/08/14 08:11 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
Western Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wise County Texas
Might come as a surprise, but I bet a majority of hunters go in just before light. Seen it here and every year in the Rockies, I often wonder if they are scared of the dark, then they leave around 8am.

If your in your spot, then they may just as well drive deer to you

The first 5 day's after the weekend, are the hardest....

Dennis

#5406499 - 11/08/14 08:13 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
kmon1 Online   content
junior

Loc: Texas
I have been guilty especially in bright moon times to sleep later and hit the stand later. I did not follow this on Wednesday and Thursday this week though and sat there 4+ hours before seeing deer between 10 and 11 on both days. Could have slept a lot longer. By the way did not see a deer after 4pm either day.

RULES for using the TRADING POST
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u..._PO#Post1959111

#5406505 - 11/08/14 08:15 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
MathMan Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: South Texas
him driving in late is still worse than him not coming or being early. The noise may or may not scare deer. If he was there on time it wouldn't be a variable. That would piss me off too.

At our ranch hunters like to get in their blind only 30 min before sunrise. I would rather be there an hour or more before, but they drive by my spot. Always makes me mad.

#5406510 - 11/08/14 08:16 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: 8pointdrop]
gunnut81 Offline
Bird Dog

Originally Posted By: 8pointdrop
Originally Posted By: gunnut81

I understand your frustration believe me, but really don't think it hurt your chances that much. I'd be more worried about what kinda management plan they have than I would what time they are getting there.

Well it's not all bad had a four pt come in for a minute had a strange rack not a typical forkie and a huge body I wish I could take him from the herd but there's nothing legal about him but he needs to go I sure wish there was a way to cull some trash bucks without burning good buck tags or violating the AR's but they way it's set up he gets to walk and spread his screwed up genetics. Oh well it's always nice to see something.

#5406522 - 11/08/14 08:22 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
Extreme Tracker

Already seen one. up That's one more than I've seen. They might move a little later today with it being cool and the moon.
Good luck!!

#5406543 - 11/08/14 08:33 AM Re: coming in late on morning hunts. ethics/courtesy issues [Re: gunnut81]
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: East Texas
With a bright moon I usually see them between 10-2!!!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide