Forums46
Topics537,992
Posts9,731,491
Members87,053
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: stxranchman] #5405095 11/07/14 05:14 PM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Originally Posted By: stxranchman
I can name two counties right now that if they took it to a vote it would not even be close. Vast majority of the LO's and hunters love the AR's that are in place in those counties.

Really? That's impressive that you know the majority of hunters and LO's in 2 entire counties. cheers

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: BowSlayer] #5405096 11/07/14 05:14 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: BowSlayer
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie
Why do we see all these "age this buck" threads now? Every day there is at least one. Why don't they just post up "Is it legal" threads?

NP, you contradict yourself. First you say that the law was passed because everybody was shooting every deer they saw. Then in the same dang thread you say that most folks pass on shooting spikes even though they are legal. Do you not see the contradiction in your own statements?

As far as 90% of hunters being in favor, that's about the most laughable thing I think I've ever read. Maybe the majority of people on this internet forum are for them but I can pretty much guarantee you if it went to a vote it would fail miserably. I even posted a thread about it a while back proposing a vote at the time of purchasing a license and even the Pro AR guys posted saying they don't want to see that because they know it would fail. I can think of around 30 friends/family that are avid hunters. Of those 30 or so people exactly 1 of them are on the internet...ME. Also out of those 30 people maybe 2-3 of them would vote in favor of that ridiculous restriction. Obviously you will not change your mind and I will not change mine but at least pull your head out of the sand and be willing see what's REALLY happening vs what you WANT to happen.

Greed, jealousy, and ignorance of how to manage a deer herd were the driving force behind the restrictions.

Read slowly. People used to shoot a lot of spikes. People don't shoot as many spikes anymore because they don't have to-thanks to ARs. Studies prove it. No contradiction.

Bahahaha! Studies? That made my day! Please link me to 1, just 1 study done in Smith or Rusk County prior to or during the AR being put in place. roflmao

All the studies in the original 13 AR counties showed it. As have all the ones done since. I am not a "link poster" but all you have to do is Google it. But you won't, because all you want to do is yell and laugh and call everyone idiots based on nothing but your screaming opinions.

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: Grosvenor] #5405100 11/07/14 05:16 PM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
NP, there are no studies for those counties and you know it. I didn't call anyone an idiot.

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: BowSlayer] #5405110 11/07/14 05:20 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
NP, there are no studies for those counties and you know it. I didn't call anyone an idiot.

I wasn't limiting it to those counties. That's your trick. That's always someone's trick when presented with facts they don't like-ignore them and ask for different ones.

I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5405112 11/07/14 05:23 PM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

I wasn't limiting it to those counties. That's your trick. That's always someone's trick when presented with facts they don't like-ignore them and ask for different ones.

I don't follow. I simply stated that they did not do any studies in those 2 counties at all before slapping those restrictions on them. Is that not true? Why not put it on every county in texas? It worked in 13 counties so it has to be good for every other county in the state right?

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: Grosvenor] #5405132 11/07/14 05:30 PM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
I have a pretty good idea of the people on this forum that have a pretty good grasp on managing a deer herd. STX for one knows how to do it and I also think RM does. Ask either one of those two people if a blanket 13" rule is a good rule of management. If you're management minded you know dang well you don't want to shoot a yearling that's 13" wide. However if you pass that deer you just made the restriction moot. AR's only work if you're management minded to start with. And if you're management minded to start with you don't need the restriction. It's not rocket science.

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: BowSlayer] #5405143 11/07/14 05:34 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N

I don't follow. I simply stated that they did not do any studies in those 2 counties at all before slapping those restrictions on them. Is that not true? Why not put it on every county in texas? It worked in 13 counties so it has to be good for every other county in the state right?

Re-read the thread:
1)I post.
2)You say I am contradicting myself.
3)I point out I am not, explain, and say there are studies.
4)As always, you quickly forget the accusation that I contradicted myself (when shown it is not true) and then say there are no studies in your two counties (in a weak attempt to deflect from the fact there are studies that you don't like).

And on and on and on it will go. Accuse, be shown wrong, ignore, accuse some more until it's just you talking to yourself. Which, as far as I am concerned at least, starts right now.

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #5405148 11/07/14 05:37 PM
B
BowSlayer Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B

Re-read the thread:
1)I post.
2)You say I am contradicting myself.
3)I point out I am not, explain, and say there are studies.
4)As always, you quickly forget the accusation that I contradicted myself (when shown it is not true) and then say there are no studies in your two counties (in a weak attempt to deflect from the fact there are studies that you don't like).

And on and on and on it will go. Accuse, be shown wrong, ignore, accuse some more until it's just you talking to yourself. Which, as far as I am concerned at least, starts right now.

You DID contradict yourself and I did not forget that I told you that. I stand by that statement. You have 0 answers for any questions I ask. Instead you attempt to scew things by throwing up smoke and mirrors. You would be a good lawyer...oh wait, you are one.

If you truly want to have a rational debate about this you can start or I will start. We will take one question at a time and answer it honestly. You game? Of course you're not, because you know it will not end well for you.

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: BowSlayer] #5405154 11/07/14 05:39 PM
S
stxranchman Offline
Obie Juan Kenobi
Obie Juan Kenobi
S
I can name two counties right now that if they took it to a vote it would not even be close. Vast majority of the LO's and hunters love the AR's that are in place in those counties.

Really? That's impressive that you know the majority of hunters and LO's in 2 entire counties. cheers

I see them at the local county wide COOP meetings cheers Both of the counties has had growing numbers of LO's and hunters joining the WMA groups. The county I am in now has over 800 LO members. up

Are idiots multiplying faster than normal people?[Linked Image]
Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: Navasot] #5405223 11/07/14 06:09 PM
T
txwingnut Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
I own 60 acres and the folks around me Im talking with make up another 300.

Wyndell
Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: Grosvenor] #5405234 11/07/14 06:14 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: Grosvenor] #5405417 11/07/14 07:30 PM
W
whitewing maniac Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Huge azz beer saves the day cheers grin

Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: Grosvenor] #5405433 11/07/14 07:38 PM
dogcatcher Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
popcorn

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: What the heck is going on in East Texas? [Re: stxranchman] #5405450 11/07/14 07:45 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Originally Posted By: rifleman

Yes, but they started using *.

Have you added a * beside you and the wife's "trophy bucks" you had mounted and on your walls? popcorn

My wife doesn't have a WT mounted since AR, hers are from prior. Mine are wall decorations that beat anything else except Carter portraits. I can assure you that more have died of old age that I've opted not to shoot than are mounted on the wall. I would also have more pre-AR than post mounted.

Those options not to shoot and let die of old age were the before AR's and still there today, correct? Do you tell people that the deer you have mounted post AR's with an * are just that, post AR deer? Which have you hunted longer- pre AR or AR's? I am betting you are like most hunters, you are more picky about what you put your tag on today then 15 yrs ago.

About the same amt hunting off state regs. Guess you could say longer pre-AR if you include the little hunting I did behind my parent's house. Rule for me to shoot back there was it had to be a giant. I killed a cpl does out there, but never one of the giants coming off the game preserve, my bro killed one of those though. A friend killed one as well.

Wife gets first pick of stands, she just used all her luck up marrying me.

Page 5 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide