Forums46
Topics537,967
Posts9,731,167
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Re: DFWRoadkill and an X-Sighting Hog Hunt [Re: Bearclaw] #5404391 11/07/14 06:02 AM
S
SachalATN Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
Just an update. We now have continous zoom. I know I said initially we will have step zoom but we were able to achieve variable magnification. Goes back to the point I made earlier, this scope is constantly going to evolve and you can unlock all the new features by simply updating the firmware at home.

ATN Corporation, USA
The Future of Optics
www.atncorp.com

Please note: I do not read private messages here.
Re: DFWRoadkill and an X-Sighting Hog Hunt [Re: Bearclaw] #5406741 11/08/14 04:24 PM
P
piney woods hunter Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
thanks for the updates and getting involed sachaATN, think the end result from yals work is going to be great, ATN most likely marketed it a bit to soon which was a mistake , but in the end think this product will be awesome, keep up work and info am in east texas pine woods can,t wait to try the 3/ 12. and with the ability to update it will surely get better, keep us in the know please

NRA all the way god guns and guts made us free , i want all three
Re: DFWRoadkill and an X-Sighting Hog Hunt [Re: piney woods hunter] #5407278 11/08/14 11:12 PM
M
mustanger Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
M
So far, I am yet to hear of anyone getting delivery of the X-sight. The three people that have reported on it, seem to have used the same scope. So, when do y'all anticipate that somebody outside of the dealer community will have one?

Re: DFWRoadkill and an X-Sighting Hog Hunt [Re: mustanger] #5408725 11/09/14 08:37 PM
H
Halfstep Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
I am with you on these thoughts Mustanger, I would think that this new ATN x sight would have been put through the paces so that people would truly know what they are ordering. As most have asked good questions and no answers have been forthcoming. Everything has been piecemeal, tidbits. This is not how you sell a product nor a company. My questions are about what this scope can do at night.
1. What range can you detect and what range can you ID with the on board IR that ATN provides ?
2. Why provide an IR that will not do the job and the owner then has to upgrade to a better IR to see as far as the scope is capable ?
3. I saw the video of the Buck that was posted at 175 yds and it showed that this was taken at 1x to 2.5x. How does that work when the
lowest power on both XT's is 3x and 5x ?
4. How much pixelation do you get when zoom up to 12x or 18x and in between ?
5. Double AA's are used ? Ok, how long can you run them before they need to be replaced ? Telling someone that this scope eats them
does not tell what the battery life is in this scope.
Understand , I truly love the concept of the XT but these questions and many more should have been forth coming and explained clearly to us the consumers. I am a first time poster here but a long time observer of this thread and others and thought it time to post. I am not here to ruffle feathers or offend anyone. But if we do not ask then we remain blind.
Halfstep

Re: DFWRoadkill and an X-Sighting Hog Hunt [Re: Bearclaw] #5409749 11/10/14 05:15 AM
Double Naught Spy Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Quote:
1. What range can you detect and what range can you ID with the on board IR that ATN provides ?

It isn't on board. The question is good, except for this facet. It attached to a rail just like the UNV20IR would have to do. What is the detection range? Of what? Dressed or naturally occurring in what color and on what color background?

Quote:
2. Why provide an IR that will not do the job and the owner then has to upgrade to a better IR to see as far as the scope is capable ?

Good question. I don't know of a single company selling NV (traditional or digital) rifle scopes that includes an IR that will meet the capacity of the scope. This is not an ATN issue per se, but an industry issue.

Quote:
3. I saw the video of the Buck that was posted at 175 yds and it showed that this was taken at 1x to 2.5x. How does that work when the
lowest power on both XT's is 3x and 5x ?

This is also common in the industry with digital and thermal scopes. You have the optical magnification of the scope which is the lowest magnification you will see through the viewfinder, such as 3x or 5x. However, you can digitally magnify that image. So if the display shows 2x, your 3x (optical) scope is digitally magnified 2 times and you are now seeing a simulated 6x.

Quote:
4. How much pixelation do you get when zoom up to 12x or 18x and in between ?

There are vids on Youtube that you can see the scope demo'd to full magnification and assess the pixelation for yourself.
Quote:

5. Double AA's are used ? Ok, how long can you run them before they need to be replaced ? Telling someone that this scope eats them
does not tell what the battery life is in this scope.

Check the specs on the scope yourself. With that said, run time will vary depending on the features being used. You are right that saying that the scope eats batteries does not tell you what the battery life is of the scope, but it tells you that it is fast. Nobody can give you a specific battery life number because of variable usage/power needs.

BTW, the thread is about the X-sight, not the XT. You have confused the features of the two scopes.

Hogdalorian - Si vis pacem cum sus, para bellum.
My Videos https://www.youtube.com/user/HornHillRange
Re: DFWRoadkill and an X-Sighting Hog Hunt [Re: Bearclaw] #5421801 11/15/14 06:47 AM
H
He'sDeadJim Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
H
Tagged

Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide