facebook
Forum Stats
60412 Members
45 Forums
475574 Topics
6238717 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Topic Options
#5385223 - 10/28/14 05:05 PM Know your points in 13 western states. But not in Texas yet.
GotMyTag Offline
Woodsman

Loc: utah

An app that looks up your points in 13 states and reminds of you all the application periods.
$4.99

Get the Apple app here.
https://appsto.re/us/M3W82.i

Get the Google play app here

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.gotmytag.wsfpoints

Watch how it works.
https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=y7kNlXHzIes

The story of how it came to be.

America is the greatest place to live on earth from my simple point of view. It gives us opportunity like no where else.
Where else in the world can you follow the governments rules and truly get the hunt of a lifetime?

Lee Howard is a sheep nut. He spent many years of his life trying to put sheep on the mountain. He helped raise money to do this and has a lot of time personally in the WSF ranks as president and just making things happen politically so sheep could be put on the mountain. He had WSF points app made so those who helped put sheep on the mountain could go on some great hunts. Below is the story of how the WSF points app helps you get great hunts while still helping wildlife.

How to get your hunt of a lifetime.
Just like everything else in America you may have to earn it. If you follow the rules it is not that hard to earn it.
I always wonder when people tell you how to do things when they have not done it. So I will explain how I have done it.
This year I have 5 hunts for myself. All of these are draw tags. I consider 2 of them to be super fantastic hunts. 1 is an Idaho elk tag. The other is in Wyoming and in what may be the best area in Wyoming to have a deer tag. I also drew 3 more good deer tags, a deer tag in Idaho and a deer tag in Utah, and a deer tag in Colorado. You must be thinking I am a nut if I put Colorado down as only a good deer tag. You might be right. The area I drew in Colorado has more than 30 bucks per 100 does after the hunt. But yes I am thinking my Wyoming tag is a better tag.
My nephews and brothers have drawn super tags as well. 3 nephews and 2 brothers have top notch deer tags. Those same 2 brothers also have unbelievable elk tags. 1 in Utah and 1 in easily the best area in Colorado. I have a different nephew that has a top 5 deer area tag in Utah. In fact it is my favorite tag to have in the whole world.
About now you must be thinking those are those super lucky guys who draw all the tags. I would like to be known as lucky. Truth is, that this is the first elk tag drawn by my any of my brothers in Utah. They have applied for 30+ years. That brother says his middle name is unsuccessful. This year he did draw it.
Last year I finally drew my once in a lifetime tag to hunt buffalo, public land, no fences, in the deserts of Utah. I had applied for 18 years. It was well worth the wait. Buffalo meat is the best meat I have ever eaten. More than 1000 lbs of meat from him. I digress. I really did draw the tag. The hunt was fantastic. We went over the Christmas holidays so the kids could go with us.
If you have lots of money there are guided hunts and tags you can buy. If you have money you can go on great hunts every year. I am personally glad for those who have the money and who can go on the guided hunts or buy really good tags. Even if you have lots of money there are some tags that are really hard to come by. So those who have money often pay others to help them get good tags. This is wise use of money in my view. There are lots of good application services out there who help people get tags. But these services cost a lot of money.
For most of us, we do not have lots of money. So if we are going to get any tags of a lifetime we need a different plan than just buying the tags and/or paying for outfitters.
There is a game called the application game. Follow the rules and you will get your tags. The problem is knowing the rules? Knowing when to apply? Even after you apply and draw there are cases where you do not know you drew? This is the worst.
Here is how I get these great tags. I apply in as many states as I can afford. I also apply for family and extended family. The problem was applying for all these tags took way too much time. So I made a system where I automated the application process. I especially make sure I apply for all the nephews in my family. Kids tags are less expensive, in many places they have way better odds of drawing. This way I get to go with them on these hunts and make memories. I love taking the kids hunting. Especially when they draw fantastic tags and shoot bigger animals than their parents ever have.
I made an smart phone app to do this for you. Now you are probably thinking big bucks to do this as those who apply and keep track of points for guys charge lots of money. Well the app costs less than $2. It will apply for you in most western states. It looks up your points in most western states and in Florida and Pennsylvania. This app will remind you to apply. It will actually help you apply. So you do not have to even go to the state websites. If you were reminded and still forgot and you have points, this app will do something magical. In many of the states a few days before the application period ends it will look up and see if you have applied. Even if you made a mistake where you did not get applied it will tell you.
One of my nephews did his own applications. He is a computer geek. Well he made some mistake and did not apply one year. That year the odds with his points would have gotten him the tag. If he would have had the app he would have had that tag. It was such a great tag that the odds have gone up now. He still has not drawn that tag.
Every year for the last 6 years one of my nephews has drawn a hunt of a lifetime tag. All but one have shot trophy class animals. The time we did not get a super trophy was when we just missed them and then on the last day we shot the wrong one. Oh it was a fantastic hunt.
This app is made for the common hunter and should help him get on a hunt of a lifetime. It has helped me go on at least one hunt of a lifetime every year. For the next 10 years that should always be the case. Probably longer. Even those who are busy and have a little money will want this app. As they can see where there money has been used.
There is a truth that if you are not in the game then you have no chance to win. Play the game that America lets you play. Play by the rules. Who knows how many tags you will draw. It may take you some years. But you have the chance to go on fantastic hunts. If you play the game enough years you will definitely get some unbelievable tags. I am not sure all of us can afford this. As out of state tags are a little pricey. Most of us can afford to do this if we just make the effort.
We need more hunters in our ranks. It will make for a better world. Taking kids hunting and having them be successful is a way to make the world a better place.
They say a picture is worth a thousand words. I could show you quite a few pictures over the years. I only show you my once in a lifetime buffalo public land hunt that I went on the last year. This picture is proof of public land in America where hunters have made it possible to hunt animals that were almost gone. And we actually can draw the tags to hunt them.
The WSF points app can help you get your hunt of a lifetime.

3. Looks up your points

Watch how it works
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwWaV0trHrw
Download at
www.gotmytag.com/download/Best_Hunting_app

#5385806 - 10/28/14 09:13 PM Re: Know your points in 13 western states. But not in Texas yet. [Re: GotMyTag]
338ultra Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Waco, TX
Mark

#5387980 - 10/29/14 09:43 PM Re: Know your points in 13 western states. But not in Texas yet. [Re: GotMyTag]
GotMyTag Offline
Woodsman

This app helps you if you hunt out of state.
3. Looks up your points

Watch how it works
Download at

#5451290 - 12/01/14 11:01 AM Re: Know your points in 13 western states. But not in Texas yet. [Re: GotMyTag]
GotMyTag Offline
Woodsman

PointHunter now has reminders built in for all the Texas draw hunts.
We do not have points for Texas in the app yet. We do lookup you points in 13 states already.
Reminders for 17 states.
You choose what states you want the reminders for. Plus choose how you want to get the reminders. The three ways to get reminders is via text, in app message and/or email.
3. Looks up your points

Watch how it works
Download at

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide