Forum Stats
60489 Members
45 Forums
476342 Topics
6248758 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#5213138 - 07/22/14 10:40 AM Tactical Rifles and David Rooney.
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

Loc: Winters
I've mentioned my dealings with this scam artist before. I'm now going on 2 years waiting for my SPG. I'm out 4 grand for this rifle, with nothing to show for it. They just keep giving me the run around. I called them just now, and they said they've been waiting for the barrel from the manufacturer since November. I ordered the rifle in August....of 2012! Not that I believe their lies, anyway. I've even called David direct, and he just blows me off. I absolutely cannot stand this guy. I want to do something about it.

From what I can tell, he's been doing this for awhile, and he's pretty good at it. Google his name and company. It's bad. He turns out crap guns, and that's after a 2+ year wait, after taking thousands of dollars and giving a 6-9 month wait time. Seems that he is lawyered up pretty good, as a result of dealing with pissed off customers.

I've learned many lessons from this deal that I won't soon forget, not the least of which is to never deal with this hack. I recommend you to never deal with him, either. I asked for my money back, but, of course, that's not an option.

I want to pursue legal action against the guy. I feel like I can get a group of others involved, if that would help. Any advice on taking this guy down? I want my money back, and I want his business destroyed, although, I'll take what I can get, even if it's a second rate rifle.

By the way, I did sign some sort of contract that basically states that the 6-9 month wait is an estimate, and that I pretty much am locked into this deal with no options. Surely there is a way around that since I am getting screwed here.

#5213149 - 07/22/14 10:45 AM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

He is also suing Sniper's hide because the owner and some members told the truth about his crap rifles. And God bless them, they aren't backing down.

Just to give you a glimpse of his character, or lack of, rather.

Don't fall for his fancy ads and the magazine articles he has basically bought. He is a con artists through and through, preying on people that haven't heard of his reputation.

#5213165 - 07/22/14 10:57 AM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
KRoyal Online   sleepy
THF Celebrity

Loc: Sherman/North of Dallas
Holy Chit!!! You still haven't gotten that rifle??

Hope you take him down. I'm sure if you signed a contract saying that you had no options for 6-9 months that contract is null and void considering it is way way past the 6-9 months waiting time stated in the contract. You didn't break the contract he did.

Rapid Design Lab

#5213231 - 07/22/14 11:47 AM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
FiremanJG Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Wolfe City, TX
Keep a watch on what's going on on the Hide. Those boys will rain hell fire down on him. They may come up with a way to get all customers their money back. Beating him to near death won't refund your money, unfortunately.

800 Yard Steel Rifle Range
Long Range Shooting Instruction
Memberships and Classes Available

#5213260 - 07/22/14 12:04 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: FiremanJG]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

Originally Posted By: FiremanJG
Keep a watch on what's going on on the Hide. Those boys will rain hell fire down on him. They may come up with a way to get all customers their money back. Beating him to near death won't refund your money, unfortunately.

I know it. I got on the hide and told my story. I'm also going to contribute to Mark's fund

#5213292 - 07/22/14 12:21 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

Funny, I had talked to David before, and he blew me off. Now that I told his office of my plans, he calls me up himself for a lovely little chat. He started off the conversation by calling me a smart *** and telling me not to threaten his employees. (Which I never did.) I told him what I, and many others, thought of him and his con man tactics. He even dared me to drive to Florida to say it to his face. Long story short, he was extremely rude and unprofessional, slinging insults and flat out lying. I wasn't pleasant at all towards him, but I have never seen that sort of behavior towards a customer. He basically blamed Krieger for not sending him barrels. I mentioned that he had been waiting on them less than a year, while I've been waiting 2. I mentioned there are other quality barrel makers out there. He dodged it all. Man, this guy chaps my hide.

#5213296 - 07/22/14 12:26 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
KRoyal Online   sleepy
THF Celebrity

Loc: Sherman/North of Dallas
Lol I'd go out on a limb and say he'd be pretty surprised if you showed up on his door step. Bet it would change his toon a lot. You're a pretty big dude lol.

Rapid Design Lab

#5213299 - 07/22/14 12:27 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

And I would love to. But it would only get me in a bind. This guy keeps some pretty good lawyers at his side. He's pissed off enough people to need them.

#5213353 - 07/22/14 01:10 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
BOBO the Clown Online   content
decoy

Loc: Metroplex
One would think a judge would rule that additional wait of 16months was unreasonable. If filed in texas you may have good.
Have you talkedto an attorney?

#5213383 - 07/22/14 01:34 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

Not yet, Bobo, but that's the next plan.

I talked to Krieger. They laughed when I told them what he said. The wait time for that barrel is about 6 months, and that's from the time the barrels are ordered and payed for. He said he gets calls like this from time to time, and it's always about companies that drag their feet on building guns.

Now, this is just their word, but I've had enough dealings with David to know who to trust, here.

#5213391 - 07/22/14 01:40 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
DallasShootingSupplies Offline

Dang, I read that story on the hide a while back.

Didn't know it was a THF member.

Do you have any links to that thread, been a while since I read it. Heck might of been another guy sharing another horror story.
Full machining capabilities.(milling, CNC etc)
www.facebook.com/barrelthreading

#5213416 - 07/22/14 01:51 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

That's the bad part, DSS, it's another guy. Google the man and company, and you can find dozens of similar stories. He's a crook. Plain and simple.

#5213437 - 07/22/14 02:03 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
DallasShootingSupplies Offline

Originally Posted By: Sneaky
That's the bad part, DSS, it's another guy. Google the man and company, and you can find dozens of similar stories. He's a crook. Plain and simple.

Dang I just did, you're right. It was another guy, wow.
Full machining capabilities.(milling, CNC etc)
www.facebook.com/barrelthreading

#5213495 - 07/22/14 02:44 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
Sneaky Offline
The "Grouch"

And he has the nerve to say that all of those people are lying. He is the innocent party. "Go ahead and listen to the people on the Internet if you want, but that's not true." Really? Dozens of people made up stories about 2+ year wait times, horrible customer service, and terrible finish work on high end custom rifles? Why is it that hundreds of other gunsmiths aren't having these issues? I see a hell of a lot of smoke. Am I to believe there is no fire?

#5213663 - 07/22/14 04:15 PM Re: Tactical Rifles and David Rooney. [Re: Sneaky]
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas.
I just watched the video he is suing over.

If that vid shows what his work quality is really like, his suits will get tossed. Unbelieveable.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide