2100 acre lease in San Saba County. 10 hunters total-archery only.
We have been managing this ranch for the last 14 yrs. Along with the neighbors on all sides we have a total of 14,000 acres that is being managed for trophy deer. We consistently produce 1 deer a yr in the high 140-155" range, 1-2 in the high 130-mid 140, and numerous 120"+ management deer.
Lease includes year round access. We have two cabins in place that serve as a hunt camp with kitchen, bathroom, laundry rooms, power, and well water. Hunters have campers around the main camp for sleeping.
We have been feeding protein for 9 yrs free choice. As a group we decided to go to running 5 timed feeders year round with protein as a way to hold deer.
Abundant hog hunting, predator calling(during off season), some dove hunting, a few quail. No turkey hunting allowed at this time due to the decrease in the number of turkeys.
Price of the lease is $3000/hunter/yr which includes $300 toward camp electricity(normally 250-300/yr) and $500 for protein.
5 yrs ago we piped 7000 ft of waterline to 4 new troughs giving us 8 water troughs/tanks.
Few other rules:
1. You can bring any guests you want, but you must hunt with your guests and their deer count toward your tags.
2. Children can shoot a doe with a rifle.
3. We have 4-5 weekends in the spring(generally one weekend a month) where there is no access. the family uses this a family hog hunt weekends. They do not use the hunters camps or cabins.
4. Off season hog hunting is encouraged and guns are allowed.
5. predator calling and spotlighting are allowed in the off season.
Shoot me a pm if you are interested