476115 Topics
6245766 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#4944842 - 01/30/14 09:23 PM *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches***
TheOriginalCaptMac Offline
Light Foot

Want to relay an possible Fraud situation...

Syed "Sid" Bilal had several properties listed on LeaseHunter.Com around the outskirts of Dallas, Sulfur Springs, and Navarro County My wife and I called and set a time to meet with him to discuss leasing a 470 acre tract outside of Corsicana near Dawson. The listing was for six spots and I had a group of friends/family that were interested in taking all six spots but they relied on me to put the deal together. Syed was nice enough and sent me pics over the phone but would never send legal descriptions of the land or an address that could be used to look up the land in the county appraisers office. I asked several times on the phone and via text and email for him to please send some sort of documentation, Lease Agreement, Deed, Plot, Legal description anything that I could share with my group and show exactly what the lease consisted of and that Syed had the right to lease the property. Finally he stated that he would SHOW me the documents when I came to visit the land and sign but he would not give me a copy prior.He also requested that I bring cash only..

My wife and I drove up to Corsican Tuesday through the ice, snow and sleet to see the property which was a great piece of land and was everything we were looking for. We decided we would do the deal and asked once again for the lease and legal docs... nothing. Syed would not give us ANY documentation. When I got home, I was still excited about the property but very concerned that the deal was obviously shady. I spent six hours scouring the internet for County records, Tax rolls, appraisal docs, ANYTHING that might tie Mr. Bilal to this land and I found nothing. The next day I told Syed that we were in just as soon as he produced legal documentation and a binding lease agreement. He got offended that I would ask for these things and said if we didn't want the land then he would just lease it to someone else.

Short Story Long, I am still looking for a hunting lease for my family.

On a side note, Bart at LeaseHunter.com has been informed of the situation and he has removed all of Mr. Bilal's postings from the site. He is also seeking legal action against Mr. Bilal.

Good hunting,

Capt. Mac

#4945124 - 01/31/14 12:13 AM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
txshntr Offline
T-Rex Arms

Loc: Mansfield, Texas
Thanks for sharing and nicely done not just giving in on the deal. Good luck with your search up

#4945387 - 01/31/14 08:42 AM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
Light Foot

Thank you.

If anyone knows of a good family oriented lease within 5 hours of Houston I would be very appreciative.Our budget is up to 4k if there is lodging on property. We are not trophy deer hunter so much as we want a good variety of game but we do practice and support management programs and would particpate in such if there was a program in place. Hogs,dove,ducks,turkey,small game would all be a nice bonus obviously. Ponds or tanks for fishing would also be a nice bonus.

#4945475 - 01/31/14 09:29 AM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: East Texas
Thank you for posting!!! Nicely handled!!!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

#4945783 - 01/31/14 11:48 AM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
txhunter08 Offline
Bird Dog

I believe there was a craigslist ad last year warning people to not deal with him.

#4945836 - 01/31/14 12:15 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
Now that you know where it is, you could pull some data but it would take some doing. I work at a title company with guys that do that stuff.

I have a short attention spa

#4945850 - 01/31/14 12:23 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DALLAS TEXAS
I am thinking
I could easily go to band camp on this one.

or Quiki Mart...

Edited by RICK O'SHAY (01/31/14 12:25 PM)

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.

#4946398 - 01/31/14 05:08 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
CharlieCTx Online   content
Tracker

Loc: Flower Mound, TX
Thanks for posting this. I talked to him during Duck Season and just the other day about deer property and were supposed to go look at one on Sunday. He's also always advertising on Craigslist, still...

You just taught me a great lesson.

Charlie

#4947634 - 02/01/14 01:38 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
Light Foot

Hello Cast,
I tried for HOURS to find info on this property I can give you GPS coordinates but no legal description or address as Syed refused to give this out. What would your friends need in order to get more information on property?

#4947638 - 02/01/14 01:40 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
Light Foot

Hello Cast,
I tried for HOURS to find info on this property I can give you GPS coordinates but no legal description or address as Syed refused to give this out. What would your friends need in order to get more information on property?

#4947643 - 02/01/14 01:46 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
Light Foot

I just received an email form him stating: "You have posted false and untrue and misleading posting on Texas Hunting Forum, which has caused a great harm to me financially and emotionally." He has demanded that I remove this post or that I would be hearing from his attorney.

I CANT WAIT!!!! clap

What section of Craigslist does he post in as it might be a good idea to post this there as well or at least flag his postings? I would hate for someone else to get scammed.

#4947686 - 02/01/14 02:33 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
jshouse Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Rockwall
just go to the county's central appraisal district website and look up the address, if you dont know the exact address you can put in the road number and try to narrow it down.

#4947687 - 02/01/14 02:33 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
Cast Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas - God's Country
I'll check with the guys at work and see what they will need to get the info.

I have a short attention spa

#4947691 - 02/01/14 02:36 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
jshouse Online   content
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Rockwall
if it is one 470 acre tract it shouldnt be hard to find

#4947705 - 02/01/14 02:47 PM Re: *** Warning About Syed Bilal / Gillani Ranches*** [Re: TheOriginalCaptMac]
Light Foot

I Have tried that JS, without a street number, address, lot# or leagal description it is actually VERY hard to find frown

The Navarro County website leaves a little to be desired. The map feature does not work otherwise it would be simple.

Mac

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide