Print Thread
Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: BlackJack1] #4793294 11/30/13 03:41 AM
H
Hudsonbrother Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
If you looking for ducks. They usually like to find some body of water.

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Hudsonbrother] #4793303 11/30/13 03:48 AM
S
sling Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
S
Just when I thought the fishing forums were bad when talking about spots on public water.....

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Guy] #4793395 11/30/13 04:40 AM
E
Erichugh22 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: Guy
Originally Posted By: Hudsonbrother
Yes this form is not for people helping people.

Comming from a guy with 8 posts, seen your type come and go. If you want to know "where" the ducks are, no help on this forum or any waterfowl forum out there for that matter. Want to know "how" to kill ducks, bunch a good guys here will tell ya all they know.

Perfect. I had a guy drive up to me the other day and asked where my blind was that I killed my mallards. I politely pointed him to the giant brush blind in the complete opposite direction and told him that was the spot.

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Erichugh22] #4793428 11/30/13 05:04 AM
H
Hudsonbrother Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
That's asking too much info.

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Hudsonbrother] #4793435 11/30/13 05:11 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

The number of post you have doesn't show knowledge.

In your case it does. rofl

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Guy] #4793440 11/30/13 05:13 AM
T
tjhook Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
all i am saying as i am sitting in the ole mallard hole of raybob right now... cooking eggs over a open fire and about to rack out as soon as my dog gets done running up and down the bank... already waved 4 cars off trying to close in on my location. gonna be crazy here see yall tom

Last edited by tjhook; 11/30/13 05:13 AM.
Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Guy] #4793443 11/30/13 05:17 AM
H
Hudsonbrother Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H

You are too funny

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Guy] #4793446 11/30/13 05:20 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity

Oh and you are this guy too... As my 13 year old little girl would say OMG!!!!

Anyone had luck at Cooer walk in area? Is there water?

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Guy] #4793451 11/30/13 05:26 AM
T
tjhook Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
ok ive had enough...can someone please take to my there private place and let me kills ducks.. sick of the only place i know to hunt a guy took me there and i am too lazy to find any new spots.. sick of barney sky blasting all my ducks that just happen to fly with in 50 yrds of there spread.. gosh...

ok seriously now

come on get out do your homework of have faith in the holes you have... ill be leaving my house in 2 hours to sleep in my layout blind with my dog so we have a good chance at the only place ive located ducks... been to about 13 places and the one with the best shot is a popular hole... make the effort or sit at home in camo call from you couch and watch duck dynasty all day...

Last edited by tjhook; 11/30/13 05:27 AM.
Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: tjhook] #4793465 11/30/13 05:42 AM
H
Hudsonbrother Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
H
I didn't ask where anyone's blind was just simply wanted to know if Cooper had water. Didn't know a simple question would cause this much interest. Good hunting tomorrow.

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Guy] #4793553 11/30/13 10:21 AM
T
Trout-killer Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
T

So where are the ducks Greenhorn? That is the question. popcorn

I'm just playing a round, I know you don't know where the ducks are, you looking for the ducks. roflmao

BAZINGA!!!!

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Youngin'] #4794878 12/01/13 01:08 AM
J
JRR Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
J
Originally Posted By: Youngin'
Originally Posted By: Quack Addict
Has anyone tried on 922 or buck creek?

My buddy who lives off 922 would probably want to fight you right now for posting such a specific part of the lake for everyone on the world wide web to see. Prob the reason why we woke up at 4 yesterday to find 3-4 plus cars on every turn around. Place is ridiculously crowded, birds gettin sky busted every 300 yards. It's pointless unless you got a mud motor and just really know what your doing, which you obviously don't. Sorry for the rant, just blows our hometown lake has to get its lake beds trampled by every barny in dfw who turned the channel to A&E last winter.

Now why would his buddy be pissed if your were watching A&E....could he possibly be living in the vicinity of Indian
Creek.....I just have to guess seeing as his buddy lives off 922 per his posted area of locale. Could actually be one of my secret spots.

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: tjhook] #4794898 12/01/13 01:20 AM
thomas_z71 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Originally Posted By: tjhook
ok ive had enough...can someone please take to my there private place and let me kills ducks.. sick of the only place i know to hunt a guy took me there and i am too lazy to find any new spots.. sick of barney sky blasting all my ducks that just happen to fly with in 50 yrds of there spread.. gosh...

ok seriously now

come on get out do your homework of have faith in the holes you have... ill be leaving my house in 2 hours to sleep in my layout blind with my dog so we have a good chance at the only place ive located ducks... been to about 13 places and the one with the best shot is a popular hole... make the effort or sit at home in camo call from you couch and watch duck dynasty all day...

Hope you get on the birds man...I was one that took you last year to a private skunk hole...good to see you've gotten out and got some birds this year.

Oh, I hunt Lake Superior...sick limits right now.

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: thomas_z71] #4803555 12/03/13 11:36 PM
S
sig1921 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
oh, how i miss the days of Ol' RR.

13 years ago, when i started duck hunting we got up at 4:30-5am, maybe one other car besides us if one at all, walked 100-200 yards from access point, and avg 3-4 birds per person.

6 years ago when i stopped hunting RR. Got up at 2am, saw 4-6 cars, walked 1-2 miles, and watched barneys got pick up their birds in white ski/fishing boats as soon as they downed one. last memory is while i counted 5 groups of hunters around with a combined 8 mojo's working, i saw a lone pintail drake and starting calling/whistling at him as he circled above while everyone else was blowing kazoos. Right as he was going to set the other groups figured out what he was and started "blowing" whistles and he bugged out.

I hate to see what the place has become today, but might be worth the trip for the comedy alone.

It's not skybusting, if you make the shot.
Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: sig1921] #4803622 12/04/13 12:03 AM
C
cactusflyr Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Haven't had any problems......of course I boat in to my spot.

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: sig1921] #4803662 12/04/13 12:12 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: sig1921

13 years ago, when i started duck hunting we got up at 4:30-5am, maybe one other car besides us if one at all, walked 100-200 yards from access point, and avg 3-4 birds per person.

6 years ago when i stopped hunting RR. Got up at 2am, saw 4-6 cars, walked 1-2 miles, and watched barneys got pick up their birds in white ski/fishing boats as soon as they downed one. last memory is while i counted 5 groups of hunters around with a combined 8 mojo's working, i saw a lone pintail drake and starting calling/whistling at him as he circled above while everyone else was blowing kazoos. Right as he was going to set the other groups figured out what he was and started "blowing" whistles and he bugged out.

I hate to see what the place has become today, but might be worth the trip for the comedy alone.

Ray Bob probably the most talked about Texas lake on the internet might have something to do with it... Just a hypothesis. grin

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Guy] #4803695 12/04/13 12:21 AM
S
sig1921 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S

Ray Bob probably the most talked about Texas lake on the internet might have something to do with it... Just a hypothesis. grin

AND...thank you Internet

It's not skybusting, if you make the shot.
Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: sig1921] #4803839 12/04/13 01:16 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
I have hunted ray bob from the first year on. The years just before internet actually had more pressure. The survey stats from then show it too. Especially if one were to break it down by percent of hunters related the the dfw area population changes. Pressure has always been bad. Anything close to lots of people will always be, but changes like requiring hunters to enter at access points and then enforcement of same concentrated hunters making pressure seem worse. Roberts was always well known from paper articles and from being in the type ii book when the lack of internet kept other locations secret. The internet and smart phones actually reduced hunter numbers per population at places like Ray Bob by revealing other places no one could have easily found before. As well game departments that used to be funded by governments to manage game in private are now self funded and in the business of advertising public land resources. I remember when it was difficult ti call a wildlife biologist. You had to find a number in a phone book to call on a land line and hope they had an answering machine in case they were in the field. Or write a letter and wait for one back. There was no google maps. No satellite. You had to order county maps and topo maps from a paper catalog and buy crappy lake maps at gibsons. Today it's easy and fast. Nothing is secret now. Nothing.

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Sniper John] #4803973 12/04/13 01:54 AM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
Nothing is secret now. Nothing.

Nothing more true.

Originally Posted By: aerangis
Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: TxHunter96] #4804051 12/04/13 02:16 AM
S
sptaylor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
S
I hear duck dynasty is doing an episode out there

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: TxHunter96] #4804180 12/04/13 02:44 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: TxHunter96
Nothing is secret now. Nothing.

Nothing more true.

No lake has ever been secret. Kinda hard to build a lake and keep it secret. But internet talk about a lake sure attracts hunters to it, its not complicated...

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Lab] #4804351 12/04/13 03:25 AM
Guy Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Quack Addict
Anyone been hunting on ray Roberts lately? I haven't had time to scout the lake and was gonna try and hunt this thanksgiving? Any advice on birds? Are they working at all? Or should I not even waste my time.

So QA see any ducks out there or what? This thread has 2,000 views, everyone wants to know I'm sure. grin

Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: sig1921] #4805048 12/04/13 02:17 PM
Y
Yassir Sanchez Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Y

Thirteen years ag was when I was hunting therer regularly. I do not know where you were hunting but at EVERY access point I know of there would be three or four vehicles there by 3:30, then you had a one or two mile hike if you wanted to get away from everyone.

When I started boating to a place that a bunch of people are still wondering where I was hunting you would still see at least ten or more vehicles at every access point.

I Can only imagine what it is today. But I bet I could go back to my spots and still get ducks.

*8th Generation Native Texan
*Kids are 9th Generation
*Grandson is 10th Generation
*Descendant of veterans of War of Yankee Aggression and War of Texas Indenpendence
Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Sniper John] #4805053 12/04/13 02:20 PM
Y
Yassir Sanchez Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
Y
I have hunted ray bob from the first year on. The years just before internet actually had more pressure. The survey stats from then show it too. Especially if one were to break it down by percent of hunters related the the dfw area population changes. Pressure has always been bad. Anything close to lots of people will always be, but changes like requiring hunters to enter at access points and then enforcement of same concentrated hunters making pressure seem worse. Roberts was always well known from paper articles and from being in the type ii book when the lack of internet kept other locations secret. The internet and smart phones actually reduced hunter numbers per population at places like Ray Bob by revealing other places no one could have easily found before. As well game departments that used to be funded by governments to manage game in private are now self funded and in the business of advertising public land resources. I remember when it was difficult ti call a wildlife biologist. You had to find a number in a phone book to call on a land line and hope they had an answering machine in case they were in the field. Or write a letter and wait for one back. There was no google maps. No satellite. You had to order county maps and topo maps from a paper catalog and buy crappy lake maps at gibsons. Today it's easy and fast. Nothing is secret now. Nothing.

I could not agree more. I remember when I downloaded a topo map of the White Oak Creek WMA and printed it off page by page.

I love the comments about crappy maps at Gibsons. Been there done that.

I also agree that the limited access points really hurt RR. Unless you have a 20K boat the COE does not want you on the lake.

*8th Generation Native Texan
*Kids are 9th Generation
*Grandson is 10th Generation
*Descendant of veterans of War of Yankee Aggression and War of Texas Indenpendence
Re: Ray Roberts duck hunting [Re: Guy] #4805085 12/04/13 02:35 PM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe

So QA see any ducks out there or what? This thread has 2,000 views, everyone wants to know I'm sure. grin

Most making the post count hits are here for the entertainment. Troll bait invites trolls. And there is no shortage of troll bait in the migratory forum when it comes to lake naming posts. Real or troll, still the reaction is usually the same. Lake naming threads, high fence/low threads, AR restriction threads etc. all draw high page views. Everyone wants to see what happens next. Who's button gets pushed, who looses it. To see the one upmanship of wit. If no one replys they poke it with a stick and try to stir it up. Every refresh of the page, every visit, every click is a page view. 2000 page views does not mean there are 2000 individual nimrods wanting to know if someone killed a duck on ray roberts this week. I bet over half the people that do a page view on this thread every time someone makes a reply, does not even hunt waterfowl.
These threads are no more about duck hunting than duck dynasty. They are about And

Page 4 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide