Forums46
Topics537,926
Posts9,730,751
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: J-A Whitetails and outfitters] #6266017 04/19/16 12:34 AM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
Originally Posted By: J&k hunting guide service
We all make mistakes but it is how you handle those mistakes to make a right determines the kind of person you are in life which goes to everything not just guiding or hunting.

Can't speak for the others, but I did not take anything you said as out of line. Maturity has little correlation to the calendar. You have it and I hope you do well and succeed in life. Honestly, I hope the same for Haiden too and wish he would step up and take care of this. People have an amazing capacity to forgive if folks try to set things right.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: jeffbird] #6266077 04/19/16 01:05 AM
J
J-A Whitetails and outfitters Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
J
Originally Posted By: jeffbird
Originally Posted By: J&k hunting guide service
We all make mistakes but it is how you handle those mistakes to make a right determines the kind of person you are in life which goes to everything not just guiding or hunting.

Can't speak for the others, but I did not take anything you said as out of line. Maturity has little correlation to the calendar. You have it and I hope you do well and succeed in life. Honestly, I hope the same for Haiden too and wish he would step up and take care of this. People have an amazing capacity to forgive if folks try to set things right.

Thank you for that I appreciate it greatly Jeffbird!

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6266122 04/19/16 01:33 AM
J
jeffbird Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
You're welcome.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: STXHO] #6266374 04/19/16 05:46 AM
T
Texas Tatonkas Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Originally Posted By: STXHO
Originally Posted By: jeffbird
I think I have an educated guess on SFP's i.d. If he is who I think, he knows that ranch very well, as evidenced to naming the pasture with the blind Steve T posted.

So he and I have both hunted this ranch. There are no javelina there.

Really? Just because you haven't seen them doesn't mean they aren't there. RTP, SFP, and Jeffbird may have hunted that ranch for years but you haven't hunted there in the last year. Its very easy to jump on the train and ridicule someone when you don't know the facts. Like I said before- The outfitter is always the bad guy when a disgruntled hunter complains. Most of my business is repeat business for a reason. Steve Plants first post was a chance to make a jab at me (pretty convenient). If there wasn't any javelina on that ranch I would not of booked him for the place. The $ he paid is minimal to me, (with all due respect), I hunted him there for a reason and it didn't work out. This was not worth the trouble and time it has cost both of us. My reputation is far more important to me than the cost of his hunt, I do not need to constantly defend myself on a public debate with a group of what is in my opinion middle aged men who have nothing better to do than debate on the internet all day.

You know there is an edit button.....it's a great tool for when you post something stupid, you can go back and change it when you calm down and rethink things.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6266385 04/19/16 07:56 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
Just give the guy his javelina. They are nasty stinking rodents. I can't kick them away when I hunt S. Tex. Btw Steve, book a place in Dimmit next time. Or Webb. Or Maverick.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Txduckman] #6266433 04/19/16 11:47 AM
S
Steve T Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Originally Posted By: Txduckman
Just give the guy his javelina. They are nasty stinking rodents. I can't kick them away when I hunt S. Tex. Btw Steve, book a place in Dimmit next time. Or Webb. Or Maverick.

Appreciate the advice Duckman. I would have expected to hear it from a Texas outfitter when I first inquired about a Javelina hunt, especially when I was painfully clear that I had no interest in hunting hogs or any game other than Javelina. I will wait to book another Javelina hunt until I can find one of my personal hunting friends who has hunted them with an outfitter they can recommend to me.

I learned my lesson about choosing an outfitter based on their internet presence and advertising. Shame on me for not looking further for reviews or testimonials on other sites. I have been fortunate in all my other guided hunts over the years to have excellent outfitters, even on the hunts that were not as successful as I hoped. I have never had to complain in an open forum about a guide before this event. I hope to never even want to do it again.

For anyone considering hunting with Haiden Mensik and South Texas Hunting Outfitters, please consider the information in this thread before booking. One advantage of a posting in public forum is it can prevent others from making the same mistake I did.

Re: South Texas Hunting Outfitter Haiden Mensik [Re: Wildcatforlife] #6266443 04/19/16 12:06 PM
S
Steve T Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
S
Haiden might also might want to update the Advertisement that states 100% shot opportunity on Javelina hunts:

Texas Hunting Info Ad

I also see they list three Javelina Ranches and none of them are in Refugio or Woodsboro.

Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide