Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: DuckCoach1985] #4651813 10/12/13 12:10 AM
H
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
CTJ
H
Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
I have a 12 ft john boat with a little outboard. The water is slow so you don't need much.

You ain't getting far. When the bottom falls out of the river depth in a couple weeks that little outboard ain't gonna get you anywhere you can hunt I can assure you. And these guys are correct..landowners are getting really pissy about all the duckhunting going on. I am good friends with several wardens that patrol the CR and due to all the the BS and douchebaggery going on by idiots setting up too close to houses and the incessant trespassing by projectile I am hearing this is the year the BS stops. That reads Mr. Greenjeans will be watching and videotaping from behind that tree when you ain't looking. Don't believe me? Just try it and see what happens...Just remember I warned you so don't come back on this forum crying ang whining how Mr. Greenjeans is a big ol meanie that wrote you a fat ticket.

R & B Outdoors
Mud Buddy motors/accessories
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Erichugh22] #4651899 10/12/13 12:37 AM
H
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
CTJ
H
Originally Posted By: Erichugh22
I hunt the colorado a lot, I've never had any problems with landowners. It does help if you get permission from the landowner your hunting by so you don't have to worry about your shot leaving the river or not being able to get your birds. It can be worth the trouble if you stay legal. I've had great hunts on the river. Find an Island to set up on and face straight down or up the river and keep your shots low, you'll be fine.

Aren't you the poser who was on here last season bragging how you were setting up close to houses to hunt but you were out of the city limits so that was tough [censored] for the homeowners that live right there? See you are the problem grasshopper...Even though you may have been within the tape measure doesn't mean homeowners won't complain enough for disturbing the peace and get things shut down all together. Now you are on here giving advice. That's funny.

Tell ya what, topwater, I quit hunting the river due to wannabe's like you takin over and thinking you can do what you want. I got a hunsky that says you get popped this season for shooting across the river. I ain't buying that shooting low and within the riverway. You are shooting across and you know it. Just a matter of time before you get popped... I have a friend that lives in the area you are hunting and rest assured the homeowners in that area are gonna shut you down this year.

R & B Outdoors
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Homey da Clown] #4652039 10/12/13 01:32 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Tell him HTC!!! I don't want that top water jacking up my Centex mallard holes!!

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Homey da Clown] #4652076 10/12/13 01:57 AM
E
Erichugh22 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
E
Originally Posted By: Homey da Clown
I hunt the colorado a lot, I've never had any problems with landowners. It does help if you get permission from the landowner your hunting by so you don't have to worry about your shot leaving the river or not being able to get your birds. It can be worth the trouble if you stay legal. I've had great hunts on the river. Find an Island to set up on and face straight down or up the river and keep your shots low, you'll be fine.

Aren't you the poser who was on here last season bragging how you were setting up close to houses to hunt but you were out of the city limits so that was tough [censored] for the homeowners that live right there? See you are the problem grasshopper...Even though you may have been within the tape measure doesn't mean homeowners won't complain enough for disturbing the peace and get things shut down all together. Now you are on here giving advice. That's funny.

Tell ya what, topwater, I quit hunting the river due to wannabe's like you takin over and thinking you can do what you want. I got a hunsky that says you get popped this season for shooting across the river. I ain't buying that shooting low and within the riverway. You are shooting across and you know it. Just a matter of time before you get popped... I have a friend that lives in the area you are hunting and rest assured the homeowners in that area are gonna shut you down this year.

Okay first of all you a$$ wipe I said I decided it was best not to cause any problems and hunt a different area last year, I said I wanted to hunt that spot but I never did. Second of all how the hell would you know if I'm breaking laws or not? I'm a very responsible hunter and I take great offense to someone telling me otherwise. I'm no liar either, I have never broke a game law and I never will. Idk who you think you are acting like you know me.

Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Erichugh22] #4652086 10/12/13 02:02 AM
8pointdrop Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I hunt the river a lot... Give a damn what green pants says, if I don't break any laws he can go pound sand.

Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Erichugh22] #4652107 10/12/13 02:12 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Idk who you think you are acting like you know me.

He is CTJ!!

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Jeff Elder] #4652139 10/12/13 02:25 AM
garrett Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Don't question central texas jesus, he is the bestest and smartest duck hunter in central Texas...any man that can kill straps of mallards in Buda Texas knows his stuff...how dare you sir!!!

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: garrett] #4652151 10/12/13 02:35 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
I bet with a godevil you could get anywhere on that river you wanted>

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Jeff Elder] #4652276 10/12/13 03:25 AM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Do the children need popcorn ???

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Centurion] #4652287 10/12/13 03:31 AM
F
Fastduck Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: LTMFH
Whats a good boat for hunting the Colorado River?

the loudest airboat you can find

Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Homey da Clown] #4653055 10/12/13 03:36 PM
D
DuckCoach1985 Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
D
You seem like a pretty nice and educated guy.. glad you're able to give me some good advice.

No doubt there is always 'that guy' who is going to ruin things for the rest of us but I'm not one of those guys.

Clearly you aren't either. up

Just looking for a spot closer to home for those day trips. Gotta get that duck meat somehow. grill

As for the little motor (15hp btw) that won't get me anywhere... it has taken me on many river fishing trips and on a small boat does a good job getting us where we need to go.

I have yet to capsize or starve to death.

Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Fastduck] #4653244 10/12/13 05:04 PM
K
KG68 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
K
Originally Posted By: Fastduck

Airboat huh? scratch

Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: KG68] #4653393 10/12/13 05:53 PM
F
Fastduck Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
F
Originally Posted By: KG68
Originally Posted By: Fastduck

Airboat huh? scratch

The lower colorado is mostly sand bars.... scratch

Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: garrett] #4653623 10/12/13 08:04 PM
H
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
CTJ
H
Originally Posted By: garrett
Don't question central texas jesus, he is the bestest and smartest duck hunter in central Texas...any man that can kill straps of mallards in Buda Texas knows his stuff...how dare you sir!!!

And don't you forget it! You just stick to killin your trashducks on your rice patty and stinky marsh and leave the real bird killin to me. yingyang

Mallards in Buda...you funny, round eye roflmao

R & B Outdoors
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: DuckCoach1985] #4653633 10/12/13 08:08 PM
H
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
CTJ
H
Originally Posted By: DuckCoach1985
You seem like a pretty nice and educated guy.. glad you're able to give me some good advice.

No doubt there is always 'that guy' who is going to ruin things for the rest of us but I'm not one of those guys.

Clearly you aren't either. up

Just looking for a spot closer to home for those day trips. Gotta get that duck meat somehow. grill

As for the little motor (15hp btw) that won't get me anywhere... it has taken me on many river fishing trips and on a small boat does a good job getting us where we need to go.

I have yet to capsize or starve to death.

You ain't gonna risk capsize on any river unless you are stupid enough to run one after a flooding rain gets the CFS pumping too fast.

remember this, spring/summer water levels are higher than winter levels. The CR will drop like a rock in a couple weeks. Mucho rocks..be careful out there in that little schooner

R & B Outdoors
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Homey da Clown] #4654522 10/13/13 02:37 AM
txduckhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
The lcra has been releasing water for the mussels or snails or some protected species so water level bad plus hycienth taking over will clog up any prop and especially jets
Not many birds at all and the BS from landowners and birdwatchers just wasnt worth the hassle anymore
I used to hunt there so to answer the legal question yes but only in certain areas but like everyone else has been saying there's legal and then there's comfortable and fun
I dont find it to be either when you have a homeowner yelling thd entire time you're trying to hunt
Then have to deal with the hassle from birdwatchers and other public users back at the ramp because you were hunting
Thats my 2 cents you can do what you want with it

Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: txduckhunter] #4654599 10/13/13 03:13 AM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: TXDUCKHUNTER
The lcra has been releasing water for the mussels or snails or some protected species so water level bad plus hycienth taking over will clog up any prop and especially jets
Not many birds at all and the BS from landowners and birdwatchers just wasnt worth the hassle anymore
I used to hunt there so to answer the legal question yes but only in certain areas but like everyone else has been saying there's legal and then there's comfortable and fun
I dont find it to be either when you have a homeowner yelling thd entire time you're trying to hunt
Then have to deal with the hassle from birdwatchers and other public users back at the ramp because you were hunting
Thats my 2 cents you can do what you want with it

All that just makes me want to go more

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Jeff Elder] #4654825 10/13/13 06:56 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
Like someone spotlighting hogs at night. Legal and acceptable, but often people will think you spotlighting deer and call you in, so it is best to call the area game warden and let him know in advance.

This is one of those things with hunting rivers if it is not a section known for public duck hunting. For example I scouted via kayak from a bridge access a section of the Brazos once just after duck season ended. I was looking for a wide section I had found on Google Earth. I found it and it had several ducks present when I paddled to it.

I called the Game warden for the region, asked about the exact location, if he was aware of any adjacent landowner or hunter problems, asked it was located in any area of city limits that might have no hunting rules and so on.

I let him know I was aware of the shooting over property law, trespassing law, waste of game law, no driving in the river bed law (in relation to launching). Also I let him know I was aware that there were deer stands in the area visible from the river and that I would not be hunting on the river until after deer season out of consideration to the deer hunters. And that I would be hunting from my boat or from a gravel bar and be selective on my shots for clean kills and only up or down river and never in the direction of adjacent property.

The point being I told him he will still likely get a call on me from landowners or ranchers in the area and if he would like me to let him know when I am hunting as a courtesy. He did not, but told me I had a great idea and would probably have a honey hole to myself for years go come.

Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Sniper John] #4655086 10/13/13 01:40 PM
G
GravyWheels Offline
Tracker
Tracker
G
Used to hunt the lower CO a lot. It was some really good hunting that is inaccessible to 90% of the people. Got to have the right boat and know where and how to run it. No mallets there to speak of. Mostly a brown bag hunt of gads, widgeon and teal. Fun hunting rivers, but not for everyone...

Dave

Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: GravyWheels] #4655330 10/13/13 03:27 PM
H
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
CTJ
H
All a moot point now fellers....River is 25' above normal level and flowing at amost 30,000 cfs out of Austin and headed downstream. Anyone that had any aspirations of trying their luck might as well think about plan B cuz that river is toast!!

R & B Outdoors
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Homey da Clown] #4655524 10/13/13 04:50 PM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
Because it definitely will flow at 30,000 all season.... rolleyes

Originally Posted By: aerangis
Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: TxHunter96] #4655581 10/13/13 05:15 PM
H
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
CTJ
H
Originally Posted By: TxHunter96
Because it definitely will flow at 30,000 all season.... rolleyes

I swear you DD wannabes have to have everything laid out for you. Here's a little morsel for you, Barney..

When a river has a 25' wall of water moving at 30K cfs per second, NOTHING will remain. All food, if any is present, will be gone. That reads: in case you are slow, THERE WON'T BE MANY IF ANY BIRDS ON IT DURING THE SEASON.

That one is on the house, grasshopper

R & B Outdoors
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Homey da Clown] #4655623 10/13/13 05:34 PM
T
TxHunter96 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
T
You must feel like a master duck killer. Glad I could get such wisdom from a man like you

Originally Posted By: aerangis
Any creature in my vicinity that possesses an explosive penis is going to be killed.
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: TxHunter96] #4655644 10/13/13 05:41 PM
H
Homey da Clown Offline
CTJ
CTJ
H
Originally Posted By: TxHunter96
You must feel like a master duck killer. Glad I could get such wisdom from a man like you

Never claimed to be... Don't be so quick to smart off when someone is trying to help you understand something and you might just learn a thing or 2 about a thing or 2.

R & B Outdoors
Gator Trax boats
(512) 826-6200
www.rboutdoors.com
Re: Colorado River Laws??? [Re: Homey da Clown] #4655823 10/13/13 07:07 PM
R
Ramball36 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
R