Forums46
Topics537,021
Posts9,719,477
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Double Naught Spy] #4143475 03/25/13 03:05 AM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
I for one will boycot Colorado. I can tell you I have family there and deep roots However Money talks or the lack of same!!!. You'll be surprized how quickly a higly commited liberal will change his deep seated beliefs when he sees his wealth deminish. I'm sorry for the outfitters who I agree are like us however this is bigger than a few outfiiters we spend large sums of money that does not go directly to the outfitters. Such as Hotels, resturants, camp grounds, gas stations, ammo, supplies etc.
Many of the idiots who are in the democratic majority in Colorado will feel the financial pain or their constituents will and the [censored] will hit the fan. Dont hunt, Dont ski, dont visit Colorado until they stop violating our fellow americans constitutional right. We must help them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Flashprism] #4143601 03/25/13 04:39 AM
C
cowboyway Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Hunters boycotting CO is a complete waste of time. I bet in tourism dollars, hunters account for $1 for every $500 spent on skiing tourists.

You don't agree with their laws, fine. That is your right.

Keep in mind before you judge them.... This state was the victim of two of the most heinous shooting spree's in modern history. Columbine and the movie theater. They are sensitive, and rightly so.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: syncerus] #4143787 03/25/13 12:36 PM
P
Palehorse Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
P
A large part of that area used to be part of The Republic of Texas. My brother in law lives in Loveland. I love jerking his chain and saying I'm going to visit him in North Texas.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Palehorse] #4143895 03/25/13 01:22 PM
S
stinkbelly Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
S
I have thought about going somewhere else for vacation this summer. I would just really miss fly fishing up there.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: cowboyway] #4144017 03/25/13 02:17 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
It might surprize you cowboy that many hunters are skiers and everyone who thinks our constitution including skiers needs to be honored and protected must not feed the enemy. We need to help my family in Colorado make this decision by these liberals a major error. Folks continuing to go to Colorado and acting like nothing is wrong is not the way to impact this terribe situation. There was a time when folks from other states came to the aide of Texas and now is the time to do as Crocket, TN, Bowie, KY, Cochran, NH, Stockton NJ, Travis, SC, to name a few. I can assure the folks in Colorado want and need this help.

Last edited by Flashprism; 03/25/13 02:18 PM.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Flashprism] #4144069 03/25/13 02:40 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
So we should go to CO? As long as O&G exploration is booming in Colorado the state won't miss much of our tax $, you're just hurting the small town mom & pop places off the beaten path.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: rifleman] #4144287 03/25/13 04:15 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
I am going to keep going to CO because I like it. Oh, and if there's something in CA or NY I want to check out I will go there too. Boycotting places or businesses that haven't personally done me wrong is just too hard to keep up with. I'll bet a huge % of the companies that are engaged in commerce have done some stuff I disagree with-but who's got time to keep up with the scorecard?

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Flashprism] #4144712 03/25/13 06:30 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
"Yeah, let me help you even though you voted against this, by putting you out of business, because this is what's best for you in the grand scheme of things."

I'm out on this pea brain logic. That's easy for you to type on your keyboard when you are not the one being put out of business.

Originally Posted By: Flashprism
I for one will boycot Colorado. I can tell you I have family there and deep roots However Money talks or the lack of same!!!. You'll be surprized how quickly a higly commited liberal will change his deep seated beliefs when he sees his wealth deminish. I'm sorry for the outfitters who I agree are like us however this is bigger than a few outfiiters we spend large sums of money that does not go directly to the outfitters. Such as Hotels, resturants, camp grounds, gas stations, ammo, supplies etc.
Many of the idiots who are in the democratic majority in Colorado will feel the financial pain or their constituents will and the [censored] will hit the fan. Dont hunt, Dont ski, dont visit Colorado until they stop violating our fellow americans constitutional right. We must help them!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited by Pitchfork Predator; 03/25/13 06:30 PM.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4144881 03/25/13 07:31 PM
B
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
B
Not any more.

Tired, Wired, and Uninspired
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: BenBob] #4145213 03/25/13 09:44 PM
30378 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I will do no business with Colorado, California, Illinois or New York.

NRA Benefactor Life Member - Free men should not be subjected to permits, paperwork and taxation in order to carry a firearm.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: 30378] #4145250 03/25/13 10:01 PM
dogcatcher Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
I read that the Outdoor Channel is also leaving Colorado.
http://thepatriotperspective.wordpress.com/2013/03/22/outdoor-channel-leaving-colorado/

Combat Infantryman, the ultimate hunter where the prey shoots back.
_____________"Illegitimus non carborundum est"_______________

[Linked Image]
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: 30378] #4145262 03/25/13 10:04 PM
M
Monster_Raxx Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
M
Wtf does this have to do with hunting? If I get the chance to hunt in Colorado I will.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: dogcatcher] #4145267 03/25/13 10:07 PM
A
aeb Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
A
Have to be careful who you boycott up there. Most of them are Texans!

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: aeb] #4145961 03/26/13 02:44 AM
H
Hopedale Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
H
I don't think denying yourself a hunt is going to really make things change is CO. Like someone else said, you need to know who in CO fought to kill the bill, and send money to their campaign to get them re-elected. Also send money to the folks running against those that voted for the legislation.

In the mean time, get a huge arse RV air lifted into the Troublesomes (can't drive a motorized vehical into the area), but have its horn modified. When you press it, it should play, "The Eyes of Texas Are Upon You!"

Honk that dam horn each and every morning when you wake up, so every outfitter in the area knows a crazy Texan is in the area!

[Linked Image]
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Flashprism] #4146161 03/26/13 04:10 AM
C
cowboyway Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
. There was a time when folks from other states came to the aide of Texas and now is the time to do as Crocket, TN, Bowie, KY, Cochran, NH, Stockton NJ, Travis, SC, to name a few. I can assure the folks in Colorado want and need this help.

You are seriously comparing an invasion of Mexican forces to being able to carry an extra 15 rounds in a gun? This is asinine.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: cowboyway] #4147174 03/26/13 05:31 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
Not to argue with my fellow Texans but you are missing the Point and the terrible impact this law is having on our fellow gun owners in CO. Based on the current law all magazines that have a detachable base are out lawed as these can be modified to add additional rounds. This IS BASICALLY ALL magazines You cannot leave a gun to your son and or family member without a back ground check. You will be arrested if caught letting someone at the range you know use your weapon with out a back ground check. I can no longer give my GRANDSONS any of MY FIREARMS OR GIFTS OF FIREARMS.
Having a state like Colorado trample the constitution is just the start. This is why we need to help our brothers, my grand children there by making the politicians there know this is an important issue and there are consequences. To me taking away 2nd amendment rights form any american especially my grand children is as bad as a mexican invasion.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Flashprism] #4147381 03/26/13 06:42 PM
C
cowboyway Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
There were three laws that passed.

1. No more high capacity mags (which is silly because the ones that are already out there get grandfathered in, so even if you get caught with them, all you have to say is, "I bought these in 2008" End of stor)

2. Universal Background checks. I know I'm in the minority here, but I don't mind UBC's. I want to know who is buying guns, and if they are mentally fit to do so. If we could start to agree on this issue, it could go a long way in stopping nutjobs who commit crimes from accessing weapons. I don't get involved in illegal activities. I don't mind if the govt wants to check up on me. I just don't care. If it means my kids, or your kids are just a little safer at school, I'm willing to put up with the inconveniance.

3. Charged the 10 bucks for these background checks to the people buying the guns.

Three things. I don't know where you get the rest of your facts. Are they made up? Did you see it on FoxNews or something? They simply aren't law in Colorado.

Furthermore...80% of Coloradoans approve the universal background checks. 80% !!!! You can't get 80% of people to agree on anything, but 80% there approve background checks? So what exactly are you going to make the politicians learn about their consequences for backing this bill? That they are doing what the overwhelming majority of the state's citizens want?

Nobody is taking away your 2nd ammendment rights. Nobody. You simply have to understand that.

States rights. The majority of the people wanted these laws, and now they got them. It is their right to do so.

To compare that to a mexican invasion is.......well, I don't even have words to describe it.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: cowboyway] #4147427 03/26/13 07:04 PM
TurkeyHunter Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: cowboyway

To compare that to a mexican invasion is.......well, I don't even have words to describe it.

There was no Mexican invasion. Tejas was part of Mexico at the time.

To be determined
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: TurkeyHunter] #4147526 03/26/13 07:49 PM
F
Flashprism Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
F
It's obvious I have a different prospective on the seriousness of this legislative action and what it means to my family and fellow Americans rights. Back ground checks the way they are currently defined will lead to registration and the goverment will know what you own when the time comes to confiscate them. The following is a concern about the current law as it can make all magazines illegal that have a removeable base and most all do!!!

"By its terms, the law does make illegal any magazine manufactured or purchased after July 1, 2013, that is capable of accepting, or is designed to be readily converted to accept more than 15 rounds of ammunition." Most can be modified with removing the base.

I am not sure of your facts that may come from MSNBC as to 80% of the population wanting back ground checks. I do know that 100 % of the people I know in Colorado did not vote for the people now in power and I further know that all the folks I know are terribly upset about this law specifically and all are all planning a major action of Civil disobediance in April where thousands of gun owners are planing to bring 30 round magazines to Aurora and pass them arround to each other which is a violation of the law. Expectation is that they will be arrested and flood the courts.

I can understand that a lot of folks have no concern about the goverment either the states or federal limiting "the right of the citizens to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed". However it is logical to me that regardless of what the majority think and I'm not sure there is a majority, that limiting the amount of rounds in a magazine is an infringe and is NOT constitutional. Enough said. I hope enough folks feel the way I do and we who cherish our 2nd amendment rights can and will be able to stop any reduction in these rights.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Flashprism] #4149967 03/27/13 07:11 PM
C
cowboyway Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C

I am not sure of your facts that may come from MSNBC as to 80% of the population wanting back ground checks.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/ci_228...s#axzz2OljlD5Bi

And here...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_22411498/poll-gun-legislation-coloradans-views-change-since-september

Last edited by cowboyway; 03/27/13 07:14 PM.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: cowboyway] #4170154 04/05/13 06:13 PM
C
cowboyway Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Well.....so much for sending them a message.....

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/loc...wildfire-system

Hunter's applications 'overwhelm' Colorado Parks and Wildlife system
Video Photos

Lindsey Sablan | Email Me

DENVER - Hunters applying for a limited number of big game licenses in Colorado overwhelmed the system on Monday night, according to Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

"There were so many people applying to hunt in Colorado that it overwhelmed the bank's credit card system last night," said spokesperson Randy Hampton.

Tuesday at midnight is the deadline to apply for a fall license to hunt deer, elk, pronghorn, moose, sheep, goat and black bear.

"There's so many people who want to hunt here because we have the big game resources," Hampton said.

7NEWS stopped by the Denver office Tuesday and found a line of people waiting to file applications. A room nicknamed the "trip room" is where hunters can go to get assistance in applications. It's been open for two weeks leading up to Tuesday's deadline, but the number of visitors jumped Monday.

Hampton said CPAW has received letters from hunters who say they've hunted in Colorado for years and won't come back because of the recent change in state gun laws. However, when he looked up one of those writers, he found the man only had a hunting license in Colorado once.

Hampton said the new gun laws didn't affect Colorado's hunting regulations.

"Limited licenses won't tell us much," Hampton explained. "The real test of whether hunters are boycotting Colorado will come in the fall when hunters typically buy over-the-counter licenses."

Meanwhile, the Vice President of the Colorado Outfitters Association Chris Jurney said his organization has already seen an impact and expects it will only increase.

"Interestingly enough, we got an email yesterday from a Colorado resident that said he will no longer be hunting in Colorado, he's going to go to Wyoming or Montana," Jurney said. "What's happening is people aren't calling. People aren't looking to book a hunt because of what's happened."

Jurney shared One of those emails with 7NEWS. It is reprinted here verbatim, without corrections to spelling or style:

I saw your ph conversation on Cam&Co. Felt compelled to send this message. Please understand that you have my permission to foreward to any org that might be able to point out the economic impact the new laws WILL have on the beautiful state of Colorado.I have hunted big game in CO as a non-resident approx 90% of years since 1978. Myself and other hunters have recently decided that we will not choose to return to CO this coming season. Total # of hunters involved in our party includes 4-10 hunters. Although we hunt in a "do it on our own" hunt, the $$$ spent in the state add up to a sizeable amount to us, at least.

Jurney said the majority of emails and phone calls they've received are from out-of-state. Hampton said 70 percent of the budget for wildlife management is from non-resident license fee

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: cowboyway] #4170183 04/05/13 06:34 PM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
That article is a little confusing because what it doesnt say is 90% of people appling for limited draw units are doing so just for PP's, and if you where a middle % PP holder, this would be the year that you thought you might be able to sneak on in do to your thought of every one boycotting.

CO's big money makers are OTC licenses(via volume) and land owner tags(the big $$$$)

Well.....so much for sending them a message.....

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/loc...wildfire-system

Hunter's applications 'overwhelm' Colorado Parks and Wildlife system
Video Photos

Lindsey Sablan | Email Me

DENVER - Hunters applying for a limited number of big game licenses in Colorado overwhelmed the system on Monday night, according to Colorado Parks and Wildlife.

"There were so many people applying to hunt in Colorado that it overwhelmed the bank's credit card system last night," said spokesperson Randy Hampton.

Tuesday at midnight is the deadline to apply for a fall license to hunt deer, elk, pronghorn, moose, sheep, goat and black bear.

"There's so many people who want to hunt here because we have the big game resources," Hampton said.

7NEWS stopped by the Denver office Tuesday and found a line of people waiting to file applications. A room nicknamed the "trip room" is where hunters can go to get assistance in applications. It's been open for two weeks leading up to Tuesday's deadline, but the number of visitors jumped Monday.

Hampton said CPAW has received letters from hunters who say they've hunted in Colorado for years and won't come back because of the recent change in state gun laws. However, when he looked up one of those writers, he found the man only had a hunting license in Colorado once.

Hampton said the new gun laws didn't affect Colorado's hunting regulations.

"Limited licenses won't tell us much," Hampton explained. "The real test of whether hunters are boycotting Colorado will come in the fall when hunters typically buy over-the-counter licenses."

Meanwhile, the Vice President of the Colorado Outfitters Association Chris Jurney said his organization has already seen an impact and expects it will only increase.

"Interestingly enough, we got an email yesterday from a Colorado resident that said he will no longer be hunting in Colorado, he's going to go to Wyoming or Montana," Jurney said. "What's happening is people aren't calling. People aren't looking to book a hunt because of what's happened."

Jurney shared One of those emails with 7NEWS. It is reprinted here verbatim, without corrections to spelling or style:

I saw your ph conversation on Cam&Co. Felt compelled to send this message. Please understand that you have my permission to foreward to any org that might be able to point out the economic impact the new laws WILL have on the beautiful state of Colorado.I have hunted big game in CO as a non-resident approx 90% of years since 1978. Myself and other hunters have recently decided that we will not choose to return to CO this coming season. Total # of hunters involved in our party includes 4-10 hunters. Although we hunt in a "do it on our own" hunt, the $$$ spent in the state add up to a sizeable amount to us, at least.

Jurney said the majority of emails and phone calls they've received are from out-of-state. Hampton said 70 percent of the budget for wildlife management is from non-resident license fee

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4170378 04/05/13 08:23 PM
J
jefeh Offline
Tracker
Tracker
J
I live in CO and the new laws are terrible. The lines for the licenses are residents, as most of us wait to give the state our money. We have to pay full price for licenses when applying and if you add up moose/goat/bighorn/elk/speedgoat/deer/bear its $1000. I'm not giving them my money a day more than I have to.

I plan on changing my residency to Wyoming as soon as possible. Better hunting opportunities and the state will stay conservative. I have given up on Colorado. I can assure you, in the conservative circles its the Californians that are hated, not texans, as they are the ones that ruined Colorado. There is no reclaiming the state as the conservative population does not control Denver, pueblo, boulder and that is where the majority of the population live. We are barely holding onto the Springs. There was an incredible influx of money from outside of Colorado that bought the dems Colorado. It is a plan that the dems plan on using to take other states.
On a good note, the majority of the sheriffs have said they will not enforce the new gun laws. The rural areas have stayed true to their western ways- gun ownership is a right and hunting is a way of life. So please still support the outfitters if you are coming here to hunt. If you have come in the past to vacation or hunt and are not coming due to the gun laws. Send a letter with a photocopy of your hunting license or ski pass saying why you won't be coming. They may listen if they know its people that have spent money here in the past.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: hopalong] #4172217 04/06/13 11:56 PM
W
wfhunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
W
My money is mine to choose how and where I spend it. Any business, anywhere, even in Texas, or certain states that pass laws, or have beliefs which do not align to my beliefs on the 2nd amendment will not get my money. DC, California, New York, Illinois, New Jersey , Colorado and Connecticut will not get any money from my business. I spend a lot of money on-line. When I see what I am looking for is located in one of these states, I move on. The people of these states DO CHOOSE their path, not me. As for Colorado, the conservatives let the liberals from California take over their state. As for the two shooting in Colorado. The new laws will do nothing to stop this type of shooting, or gun violence. You must be insane if you think that boycotting, or not spending money in these states has no effect. If everyone with our 2nd amendment views and dedication to this view, tomorrow quit going to Colorado, on vacation, hunting, or doing business. The results would be far reaching financially. It may not change anything there, if the liberals stay in power, but it will help the states that have our views and beliefs in line with us. The bottom line is the citizens of Colorado have to make a difference, if they want change. The liberals won this time. My money will not cross that border.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: cowboyway] #4173796 04/08/13 01:18 AM
M
Minotphil Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
M

I am not sure of your facts that may come from MSNBC as to 80% of the population wanting back ground checks.

http://www.coloradodaily.com/news/ci_228...s#axzz2OljlD5Bi

And here...

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_22411498/poll-gun-legislation-coloradans-views-change-since-september

Why let the facts get in the way of a good story?

"A CBS News survey released earlier this week indicated a 10-point drop in the public backing of stricter gun laws, from 57% immediately after the shootings in Newtown, Connecticut, in December when a heavily armed gunman killed 20 young students and six adults, to 47% now.

That poll was in line with a CNN/ORC International survey released last week that indicated a nine-point drop in the percentage of Americans who favor major restrictions on guns or an outright ban on gun ownership, from 52% following the shootings to 43%."

http://www.cnn.com/2013/03/27/politics/gun-control-polls

Last edited by Minotphil; 04/08/13 01:19 AM.
Page 4 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide