Forums46
Topics537,957
Posts9,731,116
Members87,051
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Double Naught Spy] #4123146 03/15/13 03:48 PM
C
cattle69 Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
C
Yep hope yall quit hunting colorado, maybe I can get drawn quicker!

[Linked Image]
President and cofounder of magical pellet club.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: cattle69] #4123734 03/15/13 08:49 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: cattle69
Yep hope yall quit hunting colorado, maybe I can get drawn quicker!

X2

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Stub] #4123828 03/15/13 09:33 PM
P
Pitchfork Predator Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
Hey Stub,
Sleepin in today? I heard you got clobbered by a hail storm out at Jacksboro and had to take shelter in your deer blind!
Originally Posted By: Stub
X2
Pitch you nailed it! Do not punish the true Americans there! Find ways to hurt the pocket book of the companies & politicians that are taking our rights & freedoms away!!!

Originally Posted By: Pitchfork Predator
I agree with you except punishing the outfitters. Obviously, they are against this legislation. Now , we need all the other businesses in Colorado that think this doesn't affect them to be against this legislation as well.
Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
I canceled a vacation to Colorado this summer. I will not spend a dime in that state if I can help it. I won't even buy Magpul again till they leave. Yes it may hurt some people, but maybe it will give those people some balls to stand up and take their state back.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4124473 03/16/13 05:52 AM
C
cowboyway Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
I have family in Colorado. There is nothing those people would enjoy more than seeing fewer texans in their state.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: cowboyway] #4124497 03/16/13 07:13 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe

I have too much invested to throw it all away. All game combined I have 20 preference points in CO. But what I will probably do is not buy preference points in CO for this year to make a statement and send a couple letters or three to let some lawmakers there know why.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Sniper John] #4124676 03/16/13 01:25 PM
D
Dry Fire Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
D
Sorry, but if I get a chance to go back to Platoro for trout fishing, I will. The owners of Skyline lodge are great people and avid outdoorsmen.

coffee spelled backwards is eeffoc. I don't give eeffoc until I have my morning coffee.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: cowboyway] #4124830 03/16/13 03:07 PM
N
Nogalus Prairie Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
N
Originally Posted By: cowboyway
I have family in Colorado. There is nothing those people would enjoy more than seeing fewer texans in their state.

You know, I hear that all the time and I am sick of it. Two points:

1)It's not "their" state. This is the United States of America and I can go where I please and as a U.S. taxpayer I am part owner in about 80% of "their" state.

2)A huge percentage of people there make their living off tourism in some form and gladly take my money when I go there-at stupid prices in most places. All the while whining about all these Texans.

Sorry Coloradans, if you want to get away from Texans move to Canada...

Originally Posted by Russ79
I learned long ago you can't reason someone out of something they don't reason themselves into.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4124890 03/16/13 03:53 PM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
x2

Knowing this, I'll have to plan a trip their soon!

Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

1)It's not "their" state. This is the United States of America and I can go where I please and as a U.S. taxpayer I am part owner in about 80% of "their" state.

2)A huge percentage of people there make their living off tourism in some form and gladly take my money when I go there-at stupid prices in most places. All the while whining about all these Texans.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4124960 03/16/13 05:06 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Hey Stub,
Sleepin in today? I heard you got clobbered by a hail storm out at Jacksboro and had to take shelter in your deer blind!
Originally Posted By: Stub
X2
Pitch you nailed it! Do not punish the true Americans there! Find ways to hurt the pocket book of the companies & politicians that are taking our rights & freedoms away!!!

I agree with you except punishing the outfitters. Obviously, they are against this legislation. Now , we need all the other businesses in Colorado that think this doesn't affect them to be against this legislation as well.
Originally Posted By: Chuck McDonald
I canceled a vacation to Colorado this summer. I will not spend a dime in that state if I can help it. I won't even buy Magpul again till they leave. Yes it may hurt some people, but maybe it will give those people some balls to stand up and take their state back.
Stub is back out there today. No internet access.

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Nogalus Prairie] #4124966 03/16/13 05:09 PM
E
Erathkid Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
E
Originally Posted By: Nogalus Prairie

I'll second that. I've never experianced such rude behavior as I have when in Colorado. Once they realize your from Texas. They speak with a funny accent up there, if you don't sound like they do they treat you like shiite. mad

Life is too short, as is. Don't chance it.
Don't text and drive.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Erathkid] #4125043 03/16/13 06:00 PM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
A lot of them do have a hate on for Texans, but I've never had an issue with any of them out on the mountain I've talked to. Probably bc they weren't really from around there either. The trend where we hunt is the area is considered trophy units and even the folks who live there have to wait a while to hunt deer they consider theirs. They even want to kill the landowner voucher program so they can get more tags in the draw for them and bc a Texan gets about 3/4 of the landowner tags in the draw bc he's broken up his landholdings to qualify for more. I am proud to say I didn't have to MF anyone last year...so maybe that's an improvement

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: rifleman] #4126080 03/17/13 06:31 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
It's getting like that all over and things will get worse. Take New Mexico's Valles Caldera draw. Cow hunts used to be available to non residents. No longer, only residents can apply. The bull and either sex hunts they now apply the state's quota system same as the general draw. But what many don't realize is this made it impossible for a self guided non resident to obtain a permit. There are only 10 to 15 permits per each hunt segment and each is a separate draw. Only 6% of permits can go to non residents who do not hire an outfitter. 6% of 15 is .9 so less than one. It is impossible to obtain a permit if your self guided. Only 10% can go to non residents with an outfitter, so only one non resident can draw per hunt. They state of New Mexico pretty much shut us out of this public draw hunt. This was verified in an email today from Valles Caldera answering my questions about it.
After several years of applying there, it is now deleted off my spreadsheet.

Why we continue to let non residents pay the same miniscule application fee to draw our public hunts and then pay the same permit fee as we pay is beyond me. Yet most of those other states continue to raise non resident permit and license fees or cut us out all together like they did with the Valles Caldera Hunt.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Sniper John] #4128496 03/18/13 04:16 PM
C
Creek Henry Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
So, what laws would the CO legislature have to pass to get every hunter to boycott the state? Total gun confiscation would do it, but what else?

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Creek Henry] #4128772 03/18/13 06:21 PM
T
txtrophy85 Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
T
Originally Posted By: Creek Henry
So, what laws would the CO legislature have to pass to get every hunter to boycott the state? Total gun confiscation would do it, but what else?

as stated before, the outdoorsmen of colorado don't like the laws anymore than you or I. If we drop colorado from our outdoor recreation, then the anti's are just getting what they want.

There are alot of states with alot stricter gun laws(ohio,indiana and illinois) that hunters,including alot on here, flock too.

its stupid to boycott colorado as a hunting state because they want to limit mag capacity to 15 rounds.

For it is not the quarry that we truly seek, but the adventure.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: txtrophy85] #4128844 03/18/13 06:57 PM
C
Creek Henry Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
C
I concede your point. I actually don't own a gun that holds that many rounds! As a hunter, that would do me no good. I think the antis are getting what they want just the same though.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: txtrophy85] #4130110 03/19/13 03:12 AM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
x2
Originally Posted By: txtrophy85
Originally Posted By: Creek Henry

as stated before, the outdoorsmen of colorado don't like the laws anymore than you or I. If we drop colorado from our outdoor recreation, then the anti's are just getting what they want.

There are alot of states with alot stricter gun laws(ohio,indiana and illinois) that hunters,including alot on here, flock too.

its stupid to boycott colorado as a hunting state because they want to limit mag capacity to 15 rounds.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Pitchfork Predator] #4130312 03/19/13 04:53 AM
R
rifleman Offline
Sparkly Pants
Sparkly Pants
R
Man I wish points were transferable...I'd offer the boycotters $100/pt.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: rifleman] #4131391 03/19/13 07:11 PM
M
mideon2000 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
M
You can call me a sheeple, i don't care. Ill follow the law. When people start hitting deer and hogs start uprooting their lawns im sure things will change.

I only lie when I tell the truth.
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: mideon2000] #4131735 03/19/13 09:32 PM
T
tth_40 Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
The voters in Colorado put the folks in office that want these restrictions. There is no having this thing both ways. If people continue to support Colorado business from outside Colorado, the libs win because it shows them there are no consequences to these useless, "feel good" laws.

Follow an ineffective law and support the people that put it in place, then you are supporting their cause.

Just like they want you to.

Originally Posted By: theserxtremedays
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: tth_40] #4131806 03/19/13 09:54 PM
syncerus Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
At the end of the day, I'd rather give money to friends than enemies.

Last edited by syncerus; 03/19/13 10:45 PM. Reason: speling

NRA Patriot Benefactor & DSC Lifer
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: syncerus] #4131852 03/19/13 10:07 PM
A
AGaddy Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
A
yep

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: tth_40] #4132473 03/20/13 02:17 AM
P
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
P
I'll continue to support the VOTERS IN COLORADO THAT DIDN'T VOTE FOR THE FOLKS IN OFFICE THAT WANT THESE RESTRICTIONS AND THE BUSINESSES IN COLORADO THAT DIDN'T VOTE FOR THESE FOLKS EITHER! I wont' support the voters in Colorado that did vote these folks in office or the businesses that did. I can and will have it both ways!
Originally Posted By: tth_40
The voters in Colorado put the folks in office that want these restrictions. There is no having this thing both ways. If people continue to support Colorado business from outside Colorado, the libs win because it shows them there are no consequences to these useless, "feel good" laws.

Follow an ineffective law and support the people that put it in place, then you are supporting their cause.

Just like they want you to.

Marc C. Helfrich
Retirement Planner

www.insured-wealth.com
469-323-8920
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Sniper John] #4132500 03/20/13 02:28 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Texas is missing a huge revenue opportunity... Just look at the revenue oklahoma gets from the life time hunts.... Huge!!!

Originally Posted By: Sniper John
It's getting like that all over and things will get worse. Take New Mexico's Valles Caldera draw. Cow hunts used to be available to non residents. No longer, only residents can apply. The bull and either sex hunts they now apply the state's quota system same as the general draw. But what many don't realize is this made it impossible for a self guided non resident to obtain a permit. There are only 10 to 15 permits per each hunt segment and each is a separate draw. Only 6% of permits can go to non residents who do not hire an outfitter. 6% of 15 is .9 so less than one. It is impossible to obtain a permit if your self guided. Only 10% can go to non residents with an outfitter, so only one non resident can draw per hunt. They state of New Mexico pretty much shut us out of this public draw hunt. This was verified in an email today from Valles Caldera answering my questions about it.
After several years of applying there, it is now deleted off my spreadsheet.

Why we continue to let non residents pay the same miniscule application fee to draw our public hunts and then pay the same permit fee as we pay is beyond me. Yet most of those other states continue to raise non resident permit and license fees or cut us out all together like they did with the Valles Caldera Hunt.

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: BOBO the Clown] #4132538 03/20/13 02:40 AM
Sniper John Offline
gumshoe
gumshoe
FYI on the Valles Caldera Hunts. I was given the wrong information originally. After having an email dialog with the Exective Director at Valles Caldera I was told that they are rounding up the .9 percent to one permit. So for each of the draw hunts, there is one self guided non resident permit allowed per hunt. They did not want to apply the state quota to the hunts and did fight it, but lost out.

Re: do you hunt colorado? time to boycott them [Re: Sniper John] #4132565 03/20/13 02:48 AM
BOBO the Clown Online Content
kind of a big deal
Online Content
kind of a big deal
Originally Posted By: Sniper John
FYI on the Valles Caldera Hunts. I was given the wrong information originally. After having an email dialog with the Exective Director at Valles Caldera I was told that they are rounding up the .9 percent to one permit. So for each of the draw hunts, there is one self guided non resident permit allowed per hunt. They did not want to apply the state quota to the hunts and did fight it, but lost out.

I put in for ML unit 17 this year. Non outfitter pool.
Since barneywho can draw the gila two years in a row, there is hope

Donate to TX Youth hunting program.... better to donate then to waste it in taxes

https://secure.qgiv.com/for/gtgoh/mobile
Page 3 of 4 1 2 3 4
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide