#4121967 - 03/14/13 06:47 PM Ammo update
DCS Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Angleton, Texas

#4122006 - 03/14/13 07:10 PM Re: Ammo update [Re: DCS]
JCB Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: M.I.A.
I'm am just waiting for things to get so bad that people start selling individual rounds instead of boxes. When that happens I am cashing out. grin

#4122788 - 03/15/13 08:40 AM Re: Ammo update [Re: JCB]
DSessom Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Lawton, OK
We had a gun show last weekend, and it was by far the BEST gun show I've ever seen here in my town. There was at least 1000 rifles, pistols and shotguns for sale, and probably 20 tables filled with all calibers of ammo! It was awesome! I ended up buying a Baby Desert Eagle .45ACP that I have been wanting, and it was the first .45 I'd ever seen in person, so it took me all of 5 seconds to snatch off the table. Also loaded up on .45ACP, .44 Special, .45 Long Colt, and 9mm. Only calibers they didn't have were 22 Mag and .50AE (no surprise there).

I do have over 200 rounds of each in 22 Mag and .50AE so I'm good for now, BUT... all the local shops are now rationing. Small shops and Wal-Mart too.

#4122965 - 03/15/13 09:46 AM Re: Ammo update [Re: DSessom]
HWY_MAN Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: Howard County
Well the good thing is I don't need anymore ammo, I've even got some ammo I have no use for. I'm fixing to go through it all and pick them out and offer them up here. I will offer them selectively to those I deem need them and at the price I paid for them. This jacking up of prices I've seen on here is disturbing to say the least, when a box of 45 Long Colts were offered here at a dollar a round that took the cake. We have people buying ammo at the stores and then turning around and offering them here just to make a dime off the members and I find that disgusting in every way. The IRS and the ATF are watching, should you get caught I'll have no sympathy. As a matter of fact I may even turn them your way!

As I said in an earlier post, one member here knew I was in need of 22-mags, he found some and arranged to get them to me at his cost plus shipping. Thats a friend and a member in good standing!

#4157855 - 03/31/13 02:17 PM Re: Ammo update [Re: HWY_MAN]
blackcoal Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: 60 Mi North of DFW
DSessom---Somewhere I have a box of 50AE. Will not go to trouble or expense of shipping, do not understand shipping law so will not get involved. But if you are in this area you can have 19 of them. I only wanted one when I bought the box.

#4157905 - 03/31/13 02:46 PM Re: Ammo update [Re: JCB]
Dave B Offline
Tracker

Loc: Adamsville
Originally Posted By: JCB
I'm am just waiting for things to get so bad that people start selling individual rounds instead of boxes. When that happens I am cashing out. grin

Me 2. I have an unopened bucket of 1400 rds of 22lr that I would sell for $1.00 per round. $1400.00 in the bank baby. Sad thing is there is probably someone out there that would pay that price soon.

#4158094 - 03/31/13 04:55 PM Re: Ammo update [Re: Dave B]
notamtchance Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Denton, Tx., USA
Ya, and also someone out there that would take advantage of another person.

#4158155 - 03/31/13 05:41 PM Re: Ammo update [Re: notamtchance]
kmon1 Online   content
junior

Loc: Texas
Had a discussion the other day the consensus we came to is the ones buying and reselling ammo and firearms in these times are showing no better character than the ones trying to use Sandy Hook to grab our guns.

RULES for using the TRADING POST
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/u..._PO#Post1959111

#4158264 - 03/31/13 06:55 PM Re: Ammo update [Re: HWY_MAN]
toolman Offline

Loc: Abilene, Tx.
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN
Well the good thing is I don't need anymore ammo, I've even got some ammo I have no use for. I'm fixing to go through it all and pick them out and offer them up here. I will offer them selectively to those I deem need them and at the price I paid for them. This jacking up of prices I've seen on here is disturbing to say the least, when a box of 45 Long Colts were offered here at a dollar a round that took the cake. We have people buying ammo at the stores and then turning around and offering them here just to make a dime off the members and I find that disgusting in every way. The IRS and the ATF are watching, should you get caught I'll have no sympathy. As a matter of fact I may even turn them your way!

As I said in an earlier post, one member here knew I was in need of 22-mags, he found some and arranged to get them to me at his cost plus shipping. Thats a friend and a member in good standing!

^ This! I tend to expect better from our so-called fellow hunters and outdoorsmen. Every time I see a case of blatant gouging, I'm reminded of my druggie brother stealing my Aunt's television because he "needed gas money and no one was home". There's no excuse for this type of behaviour other than greed, pure and simple!

#4158324 - 03/31/13 07:31 PM Re: Ammo update [Re: toolman]
Mike W Offline

Loc: Outside
As long as there are buyers, there will be sellers. Very basic supply/demand / capitalism.

#4159033 - 04/01/13 12:07 AM Re: Ammo update [Re: Mike W]
toolman Offline

Loc: Abilene, Tx.
Originally Posted By: Mike W
As long as there are buyers, there will be sellers. Very basic supply/demand / capitalism.

Isn't that like saying it's ok for your daughter to get a job hooking in Vegas? After all, it's legal and it's all about the money, right?

#4159042 - 04/01/13 12:28 AM Re: Ammo update [Re: HWY_MAN]
tth_40 Online   content
THF Celebrity

Loc: North Texas.
Originally Posted By: HWY_MAN

cheers

#4159432 - 04/01/13 09:21 AM Re: Ammo update [Re: tth_40]
badger2b Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Permian Basin
^ X2

#4159986 - 04/01/13 01:40 PM Re: Ammo update [Re: badger2b]
Mike W Offline

Loc: Outside
Originally Posted By: toolman

Isn't that like saying it's ok for your daughter to get a job hooking in Vegas? After all, it's legal and it's all about the money, right?

No, it's more like saying: As long as there are buyers, there will be sellers. Very basic supply/demand / capitalism.

#4160019 - 04/01/13 01:56 PM Re: Ammo update [Re: toolman]
BOONER Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Brownwood,Tx
Originally Posted By: toolman

WTF!! Toolman where in the hell did that come from? I agree with Mike on this one. Since for most of us ammo is for playing and not a must have , then I dont see where yall are getting the whole GOUGING thing. Quit buying it and the prices will come down. The ones bitching the most are generally the ones causing the problems. If there are so many evil people buying ammo just to make a profit then just quit freaking buying it and leave them holding the bag. Pretty damn simple to understand even for a dumb country boy like myself.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide