Forum Stats
60482 Members
45 Forums
476322 Topics
6248433 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >
Topic Options
#2925569 - 01/12/12 08:52 PM What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease?
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity

Spend enough time around here and you'll soon learn that hunter conflict on hunting leases is fairly common. Fortunately, our lease is well managed and our members are all professionals who get along quite well. Still, like any group of men, we sometimes have "issues" that come up.

Without question, the issue that comes up on our lease most often are guys who complain when they don't see as many deer as they should, or they don't see the quality deer they expect. And all too often, they are the ones who don't put in the time and effort that other members do to maintain their feeders, plant a good food plot, or spend time during the off season to look for a new spot to move their stand.

Spring, Texas

#2925616 - 01/12/12 09:01 PM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: Texas Dan]
redriverpigger Offline
Tracker

Loc: Mesquite By God Tx!
Having a guest shoot off of their tags. Have a lease member that brings his wife every weekend and she hunts every weekend. They feel like they paid their money and she can hunt too.
Rules are very clear. No guests until after Thanksgiving weekend, and guests hunt off of your tag.
Lease manager is his dad and he is completely tired of it. It stops this year.
He is also the 1st one to point out to another guest that they hunt off a lease members tag.
Why does there have to be 1 person no mater where you are that is an absolute idiot!

#2925641 - 01/12/12 09:05 PM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: redriverpigger]
huntincoach Offline
Tracker

Loc: Marble Falls
Cows

#2925732 - 01/12/12 09:23 PM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: huntincoach]
Stickchunker Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Montgomery, Tx
People not doing doing their part when it comes to feeding, its in our rules that you must feed protein, and we still have people that dont.

#2925875 - 01/12/12 09:51 PM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: Stickchunker]
ccoker Online   content
Veteran Tracker

who drank my bottle of Crown? !!!

just kidding

Disclosure statement
Pro Staff - Silencer Shop
Dealer - Armasight and Steiner Optics
Affiliated with Trijicon, Wilson Combat and Crux Suppressors

#2926197 - 01/13/12 12:22 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: ccoker]
rifleman Online   crying
Sparkly Pants

Loc: Kingwood
Bowhunters starting a month early........

#2926226 - 01/13/12 01:17 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: rifleman]
blancobuster Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: San Marcos, TX
Originally Posted By: rifleman
Bowhunters starting a month early........

troll

#2926240 - 01/13/12 02:28 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: blancobuster]
Seadog Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: East Texas
Dogs on lease!!!

I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the Government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them. - Thomas Jefferson

#2926311 - 01/13/12 06:34 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: Seadog]
TxAg Offline
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Live in Katy, Hunt in Llano Co...
I'm lucky to have quality lease members. We all try to pitch in for the work and share the expenses. Our issues are not with each other, but rather with:

a) the guy who leases the cattle rights. He likes to show up at 7:45 am and 5 pm and lay on the horn like a wild man.

b) the neighbors. 2 of 4 neighbors are part of the WMA, the other 2 shoot everything that walks. We lose many of our 3.5 YO deer to them.

#2926373 - 01/13/12 07:22 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: TxAg]
LandPirate Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Buda
On my last lease it was the landowner and his shenanigans. On my current lease it's Freddy the Freeloader.

#2926575 - 01/13/12 08:32 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: Texas Dan]
TreeBass Offline
Old Weller

Loc: Central Texas
Originally Posted By: Texas Dan
Without question, the issue that comes up on our lease most often are guys who complain when they don't see as many deer as they should, or they don't see the quality deer they expect. And all too often, they are the ones who don't put in the time and effort that other members do to maintain their feeders, plant a good food plot, or spend time during the off season to look for a new spot to move their stand.

We have one of these guys, won't be here next year....

Freddy the freeloader will get his mindset changed before next year grin

My success in life is measured by the number of hunting
and fishing stories that my kids can share with others...

Like the THF on Facebook - www.facebook.com/texashuntingforum
Grizzly Coolers
iSolunar

#2926656 - 01/13/12 08:51 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: TreeBass]
Armalite260 Offline
Pro Tracker

Originally Posted By: redriverpigger
Having a guest shoot off of their tags. Have a lease member that brings his wife every weekend and she hunts every weekend. They feel like they paid their money and she can hunt too.
Rules are very clear. No guests until after Thanksgiving weekend, and guests hunt off of your tag.
He is also the 1st one to point out to another guest that they hunt off a lease members tag.
Why does there have to be 1 person no mater where you are that is an absolute idiot!

Glad this was brought up. How about the guy that says, "I paid for 5 deer, so it shouldn't matter who I bring to kill them as long as they sit in my stand." wtf

#2926667 - 01/13/12 08:54 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: Armalite260]
Texas Dan Offline
THF Celebrity

Originally Posted By: BowTech82ndAB
Originally Posted By: redriverpigger

Glad this was brought up. How about the guy that says, "I paid for 5 deer, so it shouldn't matter who I bring to kill them as long as they sit in my stand." wtf

If it's a member of the immediate family, or even a single guest, I don't feel most people care. It's the guy who wants to bring as many different guests as he wants that creates a problem.

I feel safe in saying the issue points to why many leases charge "per gun".

Spring, Texas

#2926674 - 01/13/12 08:56 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: TreeBass]
redchevy Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Texas
We hunt our own place now, me dad and brother and anyone else we invite, the list is short and we have had zero issues.

On our old lease problems we had:
-no agrement to manage so some folks shot what they wanted, which was fine but my group dad and bro wanted to manage and couldnt so we left
-shooting imature bucks
-refusal to shoot does, would shoot 1.5-2.5 yo bucks the last weekend and still refuse to shoot a doe
-a lease member with no life that went every weekend and if you didnt he would gripe you didnt go enough or pitch in(I have more things to do)
-Goats
-cows
-people not getting big enough deer and then they shoot the 1.5yo 6pt the last weekend.

matt

#2926681 - 01/13/12 08:58 AM Re: What's the #1 cause of member grumbling on your lease? [Re: Texas Dan]
Curly Offline
Overrated

Loc: Sittin on my butt on the THF
ARs. peep

Page 1 of 18 1 2 3 ... 17 18 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide