475579 Topics
6238865 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#2371868 - 06/15/11 09:23 PM info on "Affordable outfitters"
utarcher Offline
Green Horn

I am looking at going to Texas to hunt at a place called "affordable outfitters". they are located near Bryson, and I was hoping to get some insight from someone who knows them or has been there. thanks.

#2371887 - 06/15/11 09:32 PM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: utarcher]
TAT Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: good ole texas
ive never heard of them, not saying they are not good just havent seen them around here. good luck.

#2371911 - 06/15/11 09:41 PM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: TAT]
TAT Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: good ole texas
i just checked out there web site. there prices seem good. also showing some awesome deer! welcome to the forum!

#2374370 - 06/17/11 11:17 AM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: TAT]
dkershen Offline

Loc: Denton/Argyle
If you hunt there, make sure and leave a reveiw in the outfitters section of this forum.. good or bad. They seem to be new to the business, but could be a good low cost hunt. Deer density in that area is not very high, but some good bucks come from that region. Make sure and ask for several references that are paying hunters, not friends or relatives. And get a hunter success rate for the past several years.

Good luck!

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.
www.NewHopeEquine.com

#2374374 - 06/17/11 11:20 AM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: dkershen]
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Originally Posted By: dkershen
If you hunt there, make sure and leave a reveiw in the outfitters section of this forum.. good or bad. They seem to be new to the business, but could be a good low cost hunt. Deer density in that area is not very high, but some good bucks come from that region. Make sure and ask for several references that are paying hunters, not friends or relatives. And get a hunter success rate for the past several years.

Good luck!

Well said and excellent advice!

#2375104 - 06/17/11 06:41 PM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: dkershen]
Limit Extender Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: North Texas
Originally Posted By: dkershen

Good luck!

This seems like good advice, but what if it's their first or second year? Everybody has to start somewhere, I guess it's at your own risk in that situation.

#2375153 - 06/17/11 07:09 PM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: Limit Extender]
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Saginaw, Tx
I would much rather go with a known high quality outfitter like Lone Star Trail Outfitters. www.lonestartrailoutfitters.com/
Look at this hunt 7Mag is offering there.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2299649/Buck_and_doe_hunt#Post2299649

http://www.threefingersbowhunting.com/

#2375559 - 06/17/11 10:55 PM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: passthru]
Billy Jack Offline
Woodsman

Loc: Grapevine, TX
I have been on a spring turkey hunt with these guys about 2 years ago. It is the type of hunt were they drop you in a blind and come back and get you in a little bit. They have two cabins. The cabin I was in was OK not the ritz but hey it was hunting. Everything on the phone was true except his yardage from the feeder. (Said it was in shotgun range end up needing my rilfe) I did get a turkey over my weekend hunt and would go back but his turkey hunts are over feeders and I have found that calling in birds is a little more exciting. Send me a PM if I can help.

#2441493 - 07/20/11 02:13 AM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: utarcher]
Andi Lopez Offline
Green Horn

My husband has booked two hunts with them and is considering making a booking for this fall for a deer hunt. He went with friends on the first hunt and our two boys and I joined him on the second one. He was quite satisfied with the results of the first hunt; each of them killed at least one boar each. The cabin he described from the first hunt sounded rather rustic and minimalist, so I was quite surprised when we stayed in a really nice cabin. It was fully furnished, quite clean, included a full kitchen, satellite tv, and phone service (since our cells would not work out there). I think their regular cabins were full but we were quite happy to be in such "luxury" when we were expecting something else. We did not see any turkeys the first day, but early the next morning, we were not disappointed. We were on a different property that day - I guess they must have several locations for hunting. This is not really a guide service, I am not sure if they offer that or if it is extra, but since my husband is an experienced hunter, that was not a problem. I enjoyed myself and the boys were thrilled to see all the wildlife so close up.

#2757662 - 11/16/11 08:11 AM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: utarcher]
CPF Offline
Green Horn

Just got back from deer hunt with Affordable Outfitters in Bryson, Tx. Paid $1200 for three days. Did"t see a deer. Not one.

#2757694 - 11/16/11 08:19 AM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: CPF]
west tx deer Offline
Light Foot

Loc: san angelo, tx
I Know of two outfitter here in San Angelo area that have given their hunters the option of coming back later in the year for another hunt, our weather has been hot and windy and deer movement has not been great yet. A good outfitter will stand behind their product and atleast show you something worth shooting. I would look for a new place to hunt, good luck

#2758034 - 11/16/11 09:51 AM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: west tx deer]
dgilbert Online   content
6 pack abs

Is this a HF place? If not, the deer hunting in that area is not very good IMO.

#2758055 - 11/16/11 09:59 AM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: passthru]
TurkeyHunter Offline
THF Celebrity

Loc: Bedford, TX
Originally Posted By: passthru
I would much rather go with a known high quality outfitter like Lone Star Trail Outfitters. www.lonestartrailoutfitters.com/
Look at this hunt 7Mag is offering there.
http://www.texashuntingforum.com/forum/ubbthreads.php/topics/2299649/Buck_and_doe_hunt#Post2299649

Dang I should be on the lookout for something like that for Audrey next year.

#2958596 - 01/25/12 01:07 AM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: TurkeyHunter]
KVP Offline
Green Horn

Loc: Nebraska
I hope you did not waste you money on this outfitter. Their stories kept changing and they were not sticking to all their lies. I paid them well and guide was tipped well even though he kept hinting for tips. A group of us went on their so called Hog Hunt because they said they had hundreds of hogs and we could shoot as many as we wanted. They never picked us up in the mornings and would not let us do anything during the day. They said they were too busy to take us anywhere but the 3 of us were the only clients there. They only took us out two times at 3 1/2 hours each. None of us saw any hogs the first night and only one of us saw hogs the second night. One guy got his hog and the guide would not even assist the cleaning by holding a flash light. The guide just hinting he wanted his tip so he could leave and said no pig was worth cleaning. We were going to clean the pig since the guide and owner took our small number of ducks we shot and said they would clean them and get them back to us. They never brought our ducks back. They took our credit card number at the begining and kept hinting and even left notes reminding us to tip them. They did not see us off and owner/guide never checked on us and would not even return our calls. We were willing to clean our ducks so we could have at least something to take home. But he would not return our calls. We were always friendly and easy to adjust to there changes in plans. We wanted to be fair and pay extra for any work or effort they put forth. The owner's son was shooting they ducks before they would even let us walk up on the ponds. I have ran my own guided deer hunts and understand the business and really gave them the benefit of any doubt. We wanted to experience Texas and did not get treated well. I was surprised by very minimal animals. We were there for 4 days and the only hog saw on their properties was pinned up in the outfitter's front yard of his home. I did see 3 small fawn smaller then a dog and they really exaggerated the number of all their ducks, hogs, deer and turkey. I do understand that hunting can't be good all the time, but an outfitter should let you hunt when he had promised. The cabins did have furnished kitchens, hot water, ruining toilet and TV. I think they might have hogs, but I never saw one in the four days we were there. I also did not see any bucks, coyotes or cats. But they did have corn in the feeders for them if they would show up. I do hope "Affordable Outfitters" can make a go of their business and I hope things get better for them. I hope they start treating clients better or they will loose their funding, but maybe they will keep taking money from the trusting hunters that are out there. I can try to justify the hunt but not through all the lies and false promises they provided. Wish you all the best!

#2958995 - 01/25/12 09:00 AM Re: info on "Affordable outfitters" [Re: KVP]
txhunter1010 Offline
Extreme Tracker

check out celebrity ranch in Mingus,tx, it is north of stephenvilel about 40 minutes. Awesome place, people, ammenities, and DEER. prices are great too, all inclusive, one price. ask if you have any questions.

http://www.celebrityranch.com/page/page/2315889.htm

Edited by txhunter1010 (01/25/12 09:01 AM)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide