Page 2 of 2 1 2
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: Gdogg] #1390837 04/26/10 09:51 PM
garrett Online Content
THF Celebrity
Online Content
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: Gdogg
cry cry cry

Levy equals natural cover. What a waste of time and taxpayer dollars. Imagine what will happen if the judge rules in favor of the crybaby hunters. I've hunted with Larry Gore in the past and have had anywhere from horrible to decent hunts. Fishing and Hunting, there are no guarantees. It amazes me how the attorney flexes his muscles with a lawsuit.
soap 2cents

have you gotten the subpoena yet from my lawsuit against you for trying to single handedly make the Northern Shoveler extinct?

Attention rickym, this is not a troll post, just a good hearted fun type of post
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: garrett] #1390893 04/26/10 10:20 PM
#
#Hayraker Offline
Chihuahua
Chihuahua
#
I am filing a suit against the guys who were ahead of me in the "official" THF Duck Tourney for mental anguish.

You have been served grin

#sigline
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: #Hayraker] #1390953 04/26/10 10:53 PM
T
tealslayer Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
This is an absolute joke: "Mental anguish"
I have had the pleasure on most hunts and then nightmare on a couple of other hunts with Gore and his guides. I think that Larry Gore is a stand up guy himself, but some of his guides are going to bring him down IMO b/c of their stupidity and lack of scouting. Hope this ends up in a good light for guides, or else this could open up a whole new can of worms.

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: tealslayer] #1391439 04/27/10 02:42 AM
T
TxDuck24 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
I think they need to suck it up and stop being crybabies..... i mean d@mn..... its hunting not shooting......people like that shouldnt be able to duck hunt.....it messes things up in the long run..... what if texas went to.... a state where u couldnt get a guided hunt.... shut the guide operations down.... then the guy whos is being the cry baby wouldnt have anything to say now huh......look just take the kick in the nuts and go on...... why dont someone tell that guy to go play golf or something and leave waterfowling to us?

Ruffling Feathers Guide Service
Capt. Brandon Kendrick
936-671-3407
Port O' Connor, Tx
www.rfguideservice.com
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: Gdogg] #1391514 04/27/10 03:05 AM
H
hoghunta Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
all i can say is if an outfitter did me that way, the only suit would be on me probally, after i destroyed the guys face.. dont know the guy but someone will whip his A$$ eventually

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: hoghunta] #1391776 04/27/10 05:41 AM
D
DukHunter3691 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
whatever. The guy who filed this lawsuit probably sued Chili's when he got sick after eating there. What an idiot. For any experienced waterfowler, you don't go sit in a blind when you get deeper into the season. Ducks are smart, the guy who filed the lawsuit is not. I've had many a good hunt sitting on the side of a levy with little cover. Sounds like this dude watches some waterfowling shows where people sit in a blind and what a limit during a 30 minute show with 20 minutes of commercials. We all know only J.J. can consistently shoot a limit in less than 10 minutes... smile Everyone else... it takes a while... lol... This attorney has too much times on his hands... Give me Larry and a levy and on most any day, we'll do just fine!

"And there came a voice to him, Rise, Peter; kill, and eat." Acts 10-13
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: DukHunter3691] #1391825 04/27/10 09:02 AM
F
Fooshman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
F
I've sat in a blind deep into the season.

Am I doing it wrong? confused2

[Linked Image]

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: Fooshman] #1393448 04/28/10 02:02 AM
B
bpitcher Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
This whole lawsuit is pretty silly. Say what you want about Larry, but in years of dealing with his outfit I've never had any problems.

I realize that there are some outfitters out there that give the rest of us a bad name, but a lawsuit over a bad hunt is absurd. It does noting but open the way for more frivolous suits in the future.

Also, if its the guide I'm thinking of that took the trip he probably has more waterfowling experience on the prairie than 90% of the folks out there today.

Brad Pitcher
(979)318-2593

GOT GEESE?
Third Coast Outfitters
http://www.thirdcoastoutfitters.com/
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: Gdogg] #1397785 04/30/10 12:52 AM
Y
Yegua lab Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Y
I have guided those areas Larry has now. I've had my own run ins with him before. In one way to be suited over a bad hunt is not good for guides. These are waterfowl, they have wings and can fly to another spot. I can remember 33 years ago when he got started. Beleive me, those days are gone! A guide has to be honest with his clients. With me, If you get no birds, you get a free trip. I want to see my clients kill ducks and watch my lab work. That's the difference between big time and someone who is happy with chasing ducks. Guys, their is alot of guides that feel my way. They want you to have a great trip. Remember guides, it's not what you take, it's what you leave behind! We don't kill ducks everytime, but we do make friends every hunt!

Last edited by Yegua lab; 04/30/10 12:54 AM.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: Yegua lab] #1397953 04/30/10 02:26 AM
30ft jon boat Offline
Tracker
Tracker
i went out with peace creek outfitters goose hunting in ks.i layed in a blind till 11am and never saw a bird..the butt pellet still charged us saying thats hunting...NO IT WAS NOT..i really looked into go daddy to buy the website peace creek outfitters sucks .com but i ain't smart enough to run the site...i hope that guy chokes on a booger

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: 30ft jon boat] #1398022 04/30/10 02:50 AM
T
Texas Proud Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
Gore is still in business because of all of the out-of-state hunters and local highrollers. I never hunted w/ him due to all of the negativity I heard from some of the locals here. I hunt w/ a buddy that has hunted w/ Gore for many years in the past. Needless to say he no longer hunts w/ him.

I'm on a lease now that established this year. This guy was a partner last year. He pulled away from them and started his own waterfowl leases, due to them not being honest w/ the hunters. I'm sure this will be a good year for us since this guy really does care about his hunters.

I was on another waterfowl lease here in Katy and was burnt by him not making sure the fields remained flooded. Ya can't hunt waterfowl w/o water.......period.

I've been on numerous hunts were the birds didn't co-operate and did others by just sitting on a levi w/ very little cover. Most of these hunts we limited out.

It is hunting and I feel they should've taken the free trip again.

I've been burnt in Idaho hunting elk and muledeer. I'll never forget it, but NEVER thought about suing them either. My hunt was almost $5k back then also. Far cry from the $175 day hunt.

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: Texas Proud] #1398323 04/30/10 07:08 AM
T
True Hunter Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
I've hunted with Gore for years and seen some great hunts and some not so great. But we always felt like we were treated well.

I have read the negative stuff on this forum but have never met anyone in person who has told me anything other than good things about the guy. Not saying some people have not had poor hunts because I sure thats true for Gore and for almost any outfitter.

But not only has they guy been in business for years which tells me that there are plenty of people who are happy with his outfit, me being one of them, but he is also known for being very generous to the community in the form of giving hunts and donations. He is also credited with being one of the founders of the Katy Prairie Conservancy. Hell he won election to the City Council in Katy, so plenty of people must think he is doing a good job.

And if you read his website it says on the first page that there are less geese than there used to be and the hunting is not as good as it once was. Now thats pretty darn honest if you ask me.

I have to say I guess I am sticking up for him because just like someone said earlier, "mental anguish" over a duck hunt that went bust is "obsurd". That tells me all I need to know about the people filing the suit. They really shouldn't be allowed to have guns.

Sorry for the long post but this has caught my eye and I felt it only right to tell some of my experiences with the man.

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: 30ft jon boat] #1398980 04/30/10 05:09 PM
Jeff Elder Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Originally Posted By: rookie07
i went out with peace creek outfitters goose hunting in ks.i layed in a blind till 11am and never saw a bird..the butt pellet still charged us saying thats hunting...NO IT WAS NOT..i really looked into go daddy to buy the website peace creek outfitters sucks .com but i ain't smart enough to run the site...i hope that guy chokes on a booger

That sucks. If we goose egg a hunt we dont charge em..... And if its a so so hunt and only a few birds work us we will adjust the price, or try to slide em back in on another date. I dont guaranty you can hit a limit, but I will guranty we will put one in front of you or we will do somthing about it.

North central TX duck and dove hunts
www.silvercreekguideservice.com

Cell 817-597-0781
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: Jeff Elder] #1399699 05/01/10 12:26 AM
Y
Yegua lab Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Y
Originally Posted By: jeff34
Originally Posted By: rookie07

That sucks. If we goose egg a hunt we dont charge em..... And if its a so so hunt and only a few birds work us we will adjust the price, or try to slide em back in on another date. I dont guaranty you can hit a limit, but I will guranty we will put one in front of you or we will do somthing about it.
I like your style!! Ya'll work for your clients. Larry busted his butt 33 years ago, he's so big now, I hope the best for him. Like I said before, I've had my runs with him, but I do respect him for what he's done for goose and duck hunting. I remember those days back in the 80's when he was just getting started.

2 Corinthians 4:8-9
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: garrett] #1400454 05/01/10 03:13 PM
B
brassell Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
I completely agree!!! I will never forget in 1994 my father and I along with many of his coworkers were treated like dirt on a snow goose hunt. (I still remember the guides name to this day). That guide had us carry out the decoys and pick them up at the end of the hunt. However, that's not my complaint. My complaint was the first day he brought his father who sky busted everything in sight and we hardly got a shot off. The next day, he brought his brother who decided to shoot all 7 of the pintails we were allowed to get (1 per person). The guide DID NOT recieve a tip from any of us. Worst hunt I had ever been on and would not recommend this outfitter to anyone...I sincerely hope Gore gets what he deserves.

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: brassell] #1401457 05/02/10 04:07 AM
T
True Hunter Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Never seen anything like that. And I am sure if Larry had something like that happen and you told him about it, not only would he make it right with you but the guide would probably be out of a job too.

One time when we had a hunt that we didn't get but a few birds he offered us another hunt for no charge. We took him up on it.

Who was that guides name? Breaking the law by a guide ain't a good thing.

I remember when the feds had a waterfowl sting operation back in the 80's, Gore's outfit was one that didn't get cited at all. When there were others who got put in jail!

It's a shame if you didn't say something to the owner at the time because if he was like Gore you would of been taken care of.

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: Yegua lab] #1401464 05/02/10 04:13 AM
T
True Hunter Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
If we goose egg a hunt we dont charge em..... And if its a so so hunt and only a few birds work us we will adjust the price, or try to slide em back in on another date. I dont guaranty you can hit a limit, but I will guranty we will put one in front of you or we will do somthing about it. [/quote]I like your style!! Ya'll work for your clients. Larry busted his butt 33 years ago, he's so big now, I hope the best for him. Like I said before, I've had my runs with him, but I do respect him for what he's done for goose and duck hunting. I remember those days back in the 80's when he was just getting started. [/quote]

What you say is good. And a good way to live.

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: True Hunter] #1410744 05/07/10 12:45 AM
M
Moose K Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
M
All the more reason to do it on your own.

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: Moose K] #1411212 05/07/10 05:01 AM
D
duckslayer1206 Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
D
ummn i guess i just go on the right days cause every time ive been down to katy and huted with larry we have tore the snow geese and ducks up... but agree with most of you those guys just had a bad hunt and leave it to a guy from houston to try to shut down a big time business in katy

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: 750SpiritRdr] #5437100 11/22/14 06:13 PM
O
on the hook Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
OK,new here...Somewhere this am I came across this thread and....Would like to know the outcome...

I know Larry from back in the early to late 80s when I left Katy..matter of fact, he was at my house on Aster the morning I left to head north for work...Had lunch with him quite a few times at the old Electric Lunch.

Hunting is hunting..good and bad...guided myself back then and offered either another hunt or discounted hunt..Larry was 1st class then, but I know he went big and had a LOT of guides then, which opens him up to having to justify maybe a not so good guide and maybe some not so good spots..I had a few groups that were forced on me, usually late season and I knew we were NOT going to shoot many birds, if any, but the head outfitter needed the bucks and sometimes you book and weather etc just don't co-operate...Then again, some days are killers and the next sucks..

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: devildog28] #5437617 11/23/14 12:26 AM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Never sys they paid $1500 for the hunt, they are suing for $1500
Originally Posted By: devildog28
$1500 for a hunt! I see thousands of geese on the piece of PUBLIC land I go to every year! I've seen many complaints on him. I hope he gets burned.

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: guided hunt problems [Re: 750SpiritRdr] #5437746 11/23/14 01:55 AM
Nathan Nelson Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
This was 4 years ago, why bring it up now. This horse has been kicked.

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: 750SpiritRdr] #5437747 11/23/14 01:55 AM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
4 year old thread.. hammer

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: T Bone] #5437755 11/23/14 02:02 AM
O
on the hook Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
O
Yep, 4 yr old thread that was left hanging...I ask what was the outcome...simple

Re: guided hunt problems [Re: 750SpiritRdr] #5437762 11/23/14 02:09 AM
T
T Bone Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
T
If you know him, why not ask Larry?

Originally Posted by Jungleexplorer
I really hate to do what I am about to do, because it will be very painful for you.

Page 2 of 2 1 2
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide