Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics538,346
Posts9,736,077
Members87,082
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
You Asked For It ---- Here Is The Forum For Special Needs Hunters! #11418 12/10/04 07:27 PM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
You guys had requested that JP set up a topic page for disabled hunters to be able to talk to each other and get info about hunts available for special needs hunters.

Well, JP listened and here it is boys! Thanks JP.

Re: You Asked For It ---- Here Is The Forum For Special Needs Hunters! [Re: TheHag] #11419 12/12/04 12:28 PM
J
JBCooper Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
J
JP,
Muchas gracias! LOL I think this forum will prove invaluable, once a little time passes. There is no better friend to hunters than "word of mouth".

Re: You Asked For It ---- Here Is The Forum For Special Needs Hunters! [Re: JBCooper] #11420 12/12/04 02:12 PM
T
TexasRed Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
Thank you guys so much...you will be amazed at how this will help the Challenged Hunter...

I just returned from one of the best Challenged group hunts I have been to...great folks and organized very well!!!

Hats off to the Challenged Outdoorsmen of America!!

Thanks Chris and Dearil

Re: You Asked For It ---- Here Is The Forum For Special Needs Hunters! [Re: TexasRed] #11421 12/12/04 02:39 PM
T
TexasRed Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
http://www.challengedoutdoorsmen.com/

Here is the link to this weekends hunt and next weekend..

Re: You Asked For It ---- Here Is The Forum For Special Needs Hunters! [Re: TexasRed] #11422 12/13/04 02:32 PM
D
dsrtsniper Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Been on a hunting trip since last Wednesday and Returned on Sunday. It was sponsored by the C.O.A. Challenged Outdoorsmen of America. I will be starting a chapter here in in the Denison/Sherman area within the next few months. I will be leaving on another hunting trip with them on Tuesday, the hunt will not start until Thursday, and I will return on Sunday. I will then be back on and posting away.

Now with this last hunt. I saw several deer and passed up a one because I didn't like the shot. On the last day I was sick and went outside the blind to throw up. While doing so. I noticed a doe running through the woods. I knew she would be crossing the road around a certain spot so I aimed at that area and waited for her to cross. When I shot she jumped, twisted, and continued off in the woods, a few seconds later she crossed back across the road and I called it in for C.O.A. staff members to come and track her for me. When they arrived we could find no blood trail and no animal on the right side of the road. I went back to the road and looked off into the woods into the area where she entered after the shot. She was laying about 40 yd into the woods. It was another deer I saw cross the road farther down. I had sent the C.O.A. members on a wild goose chase. Oops!

When I walked up to the deer I found out it was a little spike. I sure wish it was a doe.

These guys are great. Two free meals a day, transportation to my blind, they dressed out my deer, quartered it, all I had to do was to hunt. They would even load my blind up for me if I wanted. Nothing was missing.

This hunt was filmed by Arkla-Tex Outdoors and will be on television. I think they will be filming the next one also. Jeh7mmmag shot a nice 8pt buck on the hunt and he will be posting photos and his story soon.

I hope I have a good story for you from the next hunt. I have to go now because my wife wants to spend some time with me before I head out tomorrow.

TexasRed I sure wish you was with me on this one filming. This shot was open armed with my M-4 at a running deer. Point of aim was at a static target. (I let the deer run into the bullet.) I used the large stump on in the middle of the road on Blind-14, the blind that we filmed at the morning before. The Impact point just short of mid body depth and about 3 in. back from front leg. The impact was on the Left side of the body.

dsrtsniper

Re: Here Is The Forum For Special Needs Hunters! [Re: TheHag] #11423 12/13/04 06:44 PM
campcook Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
My good friend, James Laumann, has been in a wheelchair since he was 14. He has shot a BIG turkey in April (so now he is addicted to Spring Turkey hunting, like the rest of us) and yesterday shot a coyote on the place we unt at up in Montague county. He used a 30.06, and at about 110 yards, shot this coyote about 2 inches below his eyes in the center of his nose.

I will forward some photos when I get them. The coyote was about 35 to 40 lbs, 50 inches from nose-tip to tail-tip, and so old that he only had 3 canine teeth left and all of his incisors were worn down to nubbs.

His coat was wonderfully thick and healthy; I don't know what he was eating, but he was fat and in good body condition. Randall and I will be making the hide into a rug for his wall.

I thought James was smiling when he shot that turkey; he smiled so hard yesterday that I thought his cheeks would break!

Lora

pics [Re: campcook] #11424 12/17/04 08:01 PM
campcook Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
Well, I tried. I have been trying for several days to get the pictures of James and the Coyote posted here; but I can't seem to get it right.

However the photoes are on the TFF share album under Crazyhorse.

SIGH

Re: pics [Re: campcook] #11425 12/17/04 08:31 PM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Congrats James!

Re: pics [Re: TheHag] #11426 12/17/04 08:33 PM
T
TheHag Offline OP
Pro Tracker
OP Offline
Pro Tracker
T
Here are the instructions to the posting the picture thing. Guess I wasn't too clear in my emails. It's hard to do it the first time unless you have something like this printed out and you can look at it as you do the copying, pasting and posting.Since you have the album set up already, your 1/2 way there

Set up an account (free) on this site. It seems to work very well with this site.

http://groups.msn.com/TFFShareAlbum/pictures

Click "Create New Album" on that site.

After you have created your very own album and named it, click the "upload pictures" link that will be in the right hand corner of your screen where it shows you now have an album. Your computer will open up to let you tell it where the pictures are located. You click the pictures you want to upload to the album. They will be then placed in your album as thumbnail pictures. Click the thumbnail of the picture you want to post. It will then enlarge the picture. Now, right click the mouse on the picture. It will pop up a menu screen on the left side of the your screen. Click "Properties". It's the last thing on the pop up menu screen. Another screen will now pop up on top of everything. Highlight the "URL Address". Then right click on the highlighted address. Another small pop up menu will appear. Click "Copy" on that pop up menu. Now, go to the THF topic page you want to post the picture on and click either the "Post New Topic" or the reply to a post link. Now, right click your mouse on the square that you type your post on. The menu screen that pops up will have the "paste" link on it. Click "paste". Your URL address for the picture will now be copied to the post you are typing. Now, go to the front of the URL address and type in this.

[image]

Now, go to the end of the URL address and erase everything past the letters .jpg. There will be a series of useless numbers after the jpg letters.

Now, type in

[/image]

after the jpg letters. The picture will now come up on your post when you send it. Be sure and make sure the "I want to preview my post" box is checked below when you hit the submit button. That way, if there is a problem, you can look at your post and edit it as needed before it goes to the site.

Re: pics [Re: TheHag] #11427 12/30/04 03:55 PM
D
dsrtsniper Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Congrats James,

Did you use your cat to track him?

Healthy looking fur, it should make a nice pelt.

dsrtsniper

Last edited by dsrtsniper; 12/30/04 03:58 PM.
Re: pics [Re: dsrtsniper] #11428 12/31/04 05:27 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
campcook
I know he was thrilled and thanks for taking the time and making it possible for James. God bless and have a safe holiday
James Howard

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: pics [Re: dsrtsniper] #11429 08/12/05 07:08 AM
C
CoyoteJames Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
C
Thanks for the congrats, guys. Actually, Worf the cat, didn't want any part of the coyote. When Lora, Campcook, dragged him up to the stand, Worf found a very convenient place to hide... under my wheelchair!!! The pelt was very thick and didn't show any holes or scars. This was my first coyote/predator and I was not even hunting for coyotes. I was in a ground blind waiting for a white-tail to step out. But I am hooked on predator hunting now!!! Can't wait for the next time one steps out.

Re: pics [Re: CoyoteJames] #11430 08/12/05 05:38 PM
L
LWS Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
L
Congrats on your kill.You are an inspiration.

Re: pics [Re: CoyoteJames] #11431 08/13/05 10:49 AM
fourtrax Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Yea poor old worf doesn't look too happy about being that close to a yote.

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide