476372 Topics
6249216 Posts

Max Online: 16728 @ 03/25/12 08:51 AM
Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 ... 49 50 >
Topic Options
#1016279 - 11/05/09 09:00 AM Unusual things you have found while hunting
panch0 Offline

Loc: Weslaco, TX
I saw this on another forum and wanted to see what my THF boys have found while hunting. I found an arrowhead many years ago around Encinal while bow hunting. I was sitting behind some cactus and happened to look over and saw a pointy thing sticking out of the ground. Reached over and picked it up and it was an arrowhead. What about you?

#1016300 - 11/05/09 09:09 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: panch0]
BenBob Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Undercover
My brother and I were walking once while hunting and saw a metal pipe-looking object sticking barely out of the ground. He reached over and messed with it and I pushed him back about the time the cyanide went off. It was to kill coyotes by shooting the cyanide into their mouths when activated. It had to have been there since Moby Dick was a minnow, at least 10 years and probably longer.

#1016314 - 11/05/09 09:16 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: BenBob]
netman Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Royce City
I found an old dutch oven lid last year @ del rio.It is in great shape also.Some one must of left in a hurry.

#1016327 - 11/05/09 09:23 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: panch0]
RICK O'SHAY Offline
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: DALLAS TEXAS
I found my one and only first arrow head last year! I've been looking for years and that's the first I've ever found.

In the past I found an old cast iron toy motor cycle and a bottle with a round bottom ( I mean round as in you can't set it down like a coke bottle, you have to lay it down).

I found MY camo wallet once that I had lost on a morning hunt, miracle!

Edited by RICK O'SHAY (11/05/09 09:24 AM)

DISCLAIMER
ATTENTION: Your decision should NEVER be based SOLELY upon my advice, recomendation, or opinion.

#1016335 - 11/05/09 09:26 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: RICK O'SHAY]
Curtis Online   happy
THF Trophy Hunter

Loc: Gonzales, Texas
An arrow that I had lost from the year before on a hog. The broadhead was still good but the fletching and shaft and nock was all chewed up.

Whitetail-Axis-Blackbuck-Fallow-Barasingha-Scimitar Oryx
Located in Gonzales County.
Visit our Facebook page for current updates!

#1016343 - 11/05/09 09:28 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: Curtis]
mmccalli Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: Lrnzo
I found a keep out sign posted on my camera post Sunday??Weird.

#1016410 - 11/05/09 09:55 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: mmccalli]
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Online   happy
duck & cover

Loc: Hickory Creek, Fannin Co. Texa...
I know a guy that found a suburban... abandoned...
I found an old cabin, dilapidated, with a cool old cast iron stove in it... using that stove still today...

You have a friend in the gun business!

www.Rguns.com
Vernon Richardson
Richardson's Gun Shop
Hickory Creek Hunting Company
3701 FM 816
Wolfe City, TX 75496
903-496-7747
Email vernon at rguns dot com

#1016444 - 11/05/09 10:04 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)]
SatNiteSpec Offline

Loc: Wichita Falls
Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
I know a guy that found a suburban... abandoned...
I found an old cabin, dilapidated, with a cool old cast iron stove in it... using that stove still today...

Now that's a cool find. All I found was mesquitoes here lately.

#1016483 - 11/05/09 10:11 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: SatNiteSpec]
CTK3 Offline
Extreme Tracker

Loc: 325
I found a civil war grave once, a rock with a perfect hole in it, and an old abandoned whiskey steel.

I'll post up photos later of the civil war grave to see if anyone that does that kind of thing can track some family members so they will know. It was out in between Putnam and Moran.

#1016499 - 11/05/09 10:17 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: CTK3]
trophy harvester Offline
Woodsman

I once got in my stand in the morning and shined my flashlight around the stand to look for the bird that lives in there, and I noticed a piece of paper stuck to the wall. I got closer and it read...."Thanks boys for the hunt last weekend. I appreciate the buck I got, boy was it nice!" I was furious when I read that because our land is right next to a road and we have been worried about people seeing our stands and knowing we're out of towners and hunting when we aren't there. For the next few days to a week we called around our uncles and people we knew in the area to see if one of them would fess up to the note and none of them knew anything about it. We were pissed and didn't know what to do.....Come to find out a week later at our uncle's deer camp, it was his buddy who lives down the road and drove by and left the note in our stand!!! HAHA. We had to laugh when we found this out because the guy is a funny bastard and he got us!!!

Edited by trophy harvester (11/05/09 10:18 AM)

#1016520 - 11/05/09 10:26 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: trophy harvester]
okbowhunter Offline
Pro Tracker

Loc: Frisco TX
Originally Posted By: trophy harvester
I once got in my stand in the morning and shined my flashlight around the stand to look for the bird that lives in there, and I noticed a piece of paper stuck to the wall. I got closer and it read...."Thanks boys for the hunt last weekend. I appreciate the buck I got, boy was it nice!" I was furious when I read that because our land is right next to a road and we have been worried about people seeing our stands and knowing we're out of towners and hunting when we aren't there. For the next few days to a week we called around our uncles and people we knew in the area to see if one of them would fess up to the note and none of them knew anything about it. We were pissed and didn't know what to do.....Come to find out a week later at our uncle's deer camp, it was his buddy who lives down the road and drove by and left the note in our stand!!! HAHA. We had to laugh when we found this out because the guy is a funny bastard and he got us!!!

That's a good one I'll have to remember that if I ever get the chance to pull it on someone! lol

#1016521 - 11/05/09 10:26 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: trophy harvester]
LonestarCobra Online   content
Veteran Tracker

Loc: Jack County
The first year I was on a new lease I kept seeing a shiny object hanging from a tree. After the hunt I went and looked and there was a trotline hanging between two trees. I guess the people had been "turkey lining" before we got the lease.

#1016528 - 11/05/09 10:29 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: okbowhunter]
jrich Offline

Originally Posted By: okbowhunter
Originally Posted By: trophy harvester

That's a good one I'll have to remember that if I ever get the chance to pull it on someone! lol

hahaha... i will have to pull that one on a buddy this weekend!!! im glad i will be there before he gets there!

#1016532 - 11/05/09 10:31 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: jrich]
jrich Offline

I set a live animal trap out one night while i was at the lease to see if i could catch one of the 500 coons i have stealing my corn. the next morning i walked up to the trap and had 3 bobwhite quail in the trap!

#1016533 - 11/05/09 10:31 AM Re: Unusual things you have found while hunting [Re: panch0]
56txoval Offline
Bird Dog

Loc: North of Houston
Opening weekend of my first evening hunt in Telegraph Texas I was up in my blind and was looking at my feeder when I saw something moving behind it. It was orange/red. I thought maybe one of the guys in camp was trying to pull some sort of prank on the camp newbie. I finally decided to get out of my stand, grabbed my shotgun (was waiting for Turkeys) and went to check out what was behind my feeder. I went around the back of the pin oaks and a family of Hispanics was standing back there shocked. They did not speak any English. I finally got them to move off. To this day I still think about what could have happenned had something wandered into the feeder and I pulled the trigger.

Page 1 of 50 1 2 3 ... 49 50 >

© 2004-2016 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide