Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com #1013235 11/04/09 10:07 AM
E
elisse Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
Anyone have any info on http://www.huntinghoghunting.com? We are set to hunt there, probably in March- any one hunted there? Tips, please! Husband is experienced hunter, wife (me) is newbie but decent shot! Thanks! deer2

add http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com
add http://www.hoghunting2010.com/
add http://www.huntinghoghunting.com

Last edited by Big Orn; 02/06/13 12:54 PM.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1013402 11/04/09 01:50 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
If the outfitter/guide/owner is Paul Candelaria, good luck, you'll need it!

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1013447 11/04/09 02:13 PM
S
smokingquack Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Don't forget the amex.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1015863 11/05/09 05:59 AM
E
elisse Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
Please explain! It's www.huntinghoghunting.com

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: smokingquack] #1015864 11/05/09 06:00 AM
E
elisse Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
If you have any info, please let us know. It's www.hunting hoghunting.com

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1015948 11/05/09 08:17 AM
T
txbobcat Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
Who is the owner??? If it is Paul Candelaria your probably in trouble...do a google on that name.

It sure looks like on of pauls sites...Let us know if it is.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: txbobcat] #1016411 11/05/09 03:55 PM
H
hcranch Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
H

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: hcranch] #1016448 11/05/09 04:04 PM
M
mysavioreigns Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
that IS Paul Candelaria's website and his "newest" business venture.

I highly recommend getting out of that deal, asap.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: mysavioreigns] #1016578 11/05/09 04:50 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
I literally can't understand or believe that individual is anywhere other than prison for what he has done to so many unsuspecting hunters both in-state and out-of-state.

The authorities really need to put this guy away behind bars.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1016849 11/05/09 06:33 PM
P
passthru Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
P
I'd say that means get out while you can.

I work hard, drink a little and hunt when I can.
NRA Life Member
https://sofalasafaris.com/
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: passthru] #1017218 11/05/09 08:45 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Someone care to explain what this guy has done in the past?

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Justin T] #1018761 11/06/09 05:54 AM
W
West Fork Armory Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
I've always wondered about this guy. Before I was a outfitter myself, I once got a email from him in his free hog hunt contest. The email said that I had won a totally free hog hunt, well after I read the fine print, turns out that Texas residents are not allowed on that deal, so I guess he gets the hunter there, then charges them when they kill something when there expecting a free hunt.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: West Fork Armory] #1018978 11/06/09 01:31 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
After searching the Outfitter Reviews by state, came across this entry on the web for Hunting Guides/Outfitter reviews, not from THF.

Fairly long post, but wanted to give as much detail as possible in case you are considering this ranch.

This is a small ranch located just East of San Antonio off I-10. We purchased a hunt (blackbuck, ram and hog) off Ebay and it was very explicit as to what was included. However, upon our arrival, we found that “ebay hunts” would be treated with much less respect. I use quotes because that is what we were called all weekend long. We were treated as more of a burden than guests, not to mention paying guests.

I am including a list of highlights of the reasons I CANNOT recommend this ranch/operation: (Darin was my hunting partner, Dean was the hog hunter in camp)

- Eat in cold, dark, alone
o Friday night the guide nor the owner sat down to eat with us and/or carry on a conversation as we sat on the porch, with no light in the cold
o Saturday night we simply requested the meal be at our trailer so we wouldn’t have to sit outside again, and again we at alone
- Darin wasn’t picked up Saturday morning until after 11:00 am for his hunt, then just dropped off by himself on place he’d never been for his “100% guided ram hunt”, then told if he shot one too large he’d have to pay another $700
o On a paid hunt Darin sat in camp for half a day waiting to be taken to the other property
o NEVER was there a mention of a limit on the size of ram that could be harvested, until Darin was being dropped off for his ram hunt
o On a 100% guided ram hunt, shouldn’t a guide be present?
- asked to leave stand
o even though we had harvested our hogs, I didn’t think it appropriate to be asked to leave a stand in the area the black bucks had been seen
- feeders not working
o None of the feeders Darin checked on the other ranch were operational
- no rams seen
o We would expect to at least see a ram, maybe not harvest, but see one
- only 5 BB on place that we could tell
o only 5 blackbucks were ever confirmed seen by any of the hunters, including the “guide”
- treated as an inconvenience
o The hospitality witnessed by us and the other hunter in camp was completely lacking. That’s why Dean (the hog hunter) left Saturday night before supper and not even go on his Sunday morning hunt?
o Several comments and actions over the weekend gave the impression we were in the way, rather than paying guests.
- “ebay hunt”
o On several occasions the mention of “on our ebay hunts…”
o NEVER in any correspondence, or advertisement in the ebay adds or on the web site was there a mention that a hunt purchased on ebay would be of less value than a normally purchased hunts
o We purchase items on ebay to get bargains, not to get less value. I’m sure this is the same reason anyone purchases items on ebay
- Not guided as advertised
o While we were provided a guide, he was spread between 3 different hunting parties leaving him only a small amount of time to dedicate to each
o A guide was non-existent on the ram hunt, which was supposed to be 100% guided
- No soft drinks as promised
o The only drink provided was water and orange juice until later Saturday afternoon and milk was delivered
o There weren’t any snacks as promised until Saturday afternoon as well
- No access to 4 wheelers as advertised
o In the very last email correspondence the owner mentioned that 4 wheelers would not be provided, up to that point, for the previous 10 or so correspondences over 5 months it was advertised that they would be available
o This is a small issue, but just another misrepresentation
- 4 wheelers from hog hunters had terrorized the place
o While walking/still hunting one couldn’t help but notice the atv tracks covering the entire ranch. These were very fresh from the previous hunting party
o That is the right as the land owner to allow this, but the rules state this is not to be allowed and we had expectations that the game would not be terrorized by atv’s.
o It wasn’t until late Saturday that some of the animals started emerging from the thickets
- No corn
o Again, only in the owner’s final correspondence did it mention we would have to provide our own corn
o Again, not a big issue, but in a previous conversation we were given the impression corn would be provided to bait the animals.
- Friday noon to Sunday noon????
o To me that mean hunt from Friday noon to Sunday noon, not Sunday 9:00am, and certainly not “you will have to be out of camp by 11:00am
- Positive:
o One nice axis seen
o One nice sika seen
o One nice fallow seen
o One nice red stag seen
o LOTS of buffalo (more like cattle though if someone likes that kind of “hunt”)
o Could have killed more hogs, saw several (not what I’d call a lot though)
o Accommodations were acceptable, but there was a nicer trailer available we weren’t allowed to stay in (not sure if that was for guests though)
o They are finishing a new building that will be nice for dining, showers, a few sleeping areas, etc.
o Two tower blinds on high fence pasture are very nice

If you like I can go into more detail on any point you wish.

I sent this list to Paul Candelaria twice giving him the opportunity to respond, but to date have heard nothing from him. My assumption is that I’m old news now and wouldn’t be a source for future income for him.

My hunting partner (Darin) had already purchased another hunt on ebay from wildhoghunt before our arrival. After our hunt, he has tried on several occasions to explain our disappointment and ask that corrections be made or refund for his future hunt. Darin was finally able to speak with Paul and he “guaranteed” his satisfaction on the next hunt. Darin followed up he conversation with and email to confirm as he wanted something in writing. Paul’s response was,
“I checked with your guide from your last hunt, and he confirmed no guide fee and a poor tip. To guarantee your success on your next hunt, you will need to plan on a upfront guide fee of $75 upon arrival. The guides don't like working for free and not getting tipped, as you can imagine. You will also need to plan on $100 for meals and lodging, as per the terms of your auction.”

So far this is the only explanation we have gotten from him as to our crappie service. Now let me address his response.
1st – guide fee was included in the auction price IN WRITING!
2nd – guide’s tip was to be based on service and success IN WRITING!
- there was no guiding taking place
- success was marginal
- we tipped the “guide” $140 anyway because we found out Paul doesn’t pay him anything
3rd – Meals and lodging were included in our package IN WRITING!

In conclusion, I will stop short of calling this operation fraudulent, but suffice it to say don’t expect what you are promised, even if in writing. For example, some of his advertisements boast “expect to see as many as 100 hogs.” We saw maybe 20, tops. You will see the number of hogs Paul hauls in on a cattle trailer and releases the day of your hunt.

They are interested in how many hunters they can herd through, take the money and get ready for the next herd.

Last edited by kyotee1; 11/06/09 01:32 PM.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1019567 11/06/09 06:43 PM
S
SmithR Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
S
Wow

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: SmithR] #1019604 11/06/09 07:06 PM
J
Justin T Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
J
Wow, that is some pretty bad stuff right there.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: SmithR] #1019612 11/06/09 07:12 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps

If you make a contribution to post make sure it is:
FIRST HAND
FACTUAL
AND CIVIL.
up

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: jeh7mmmag] #1019837 11/06/09 09:05 PM
E
elisse Offline OP
Green Horn
OP Offline
Green Horn
E
Thank you all for all your info... I must say we're bummed by all this bad news... Can anyone recommend a GREAT place for us to go hog hunting (that won't break the bank)? For one, possible two couples, in the spring of 2010, looking to hunt for Food! (The second couple has a partially disabled vet hunter husband). Thanks-

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1019953 11/06/09 10:10 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1019965 11/06/09 10:23 PM
W
West Fork Armory Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
Check out www.huntingboars.com we have hunts all over for reasonable prices.

REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1020028 11/06/09 11:11 PM
G
GUTIT Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
Call Bob at Hunters Creek Ranch. Great guy, family run and yes, I have been there to hunt and all of us did well. He posted his website up the thread higher. Tell him GUTIT sent ya.

Stronghold Construction Group
Commercial and Residential Project Management
Managing all your construction needs
Kent@StrongholdConstructionGroupDOTcom

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1020162 11/07/09 01:16 AM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: elisse
Thank you all for all your info... I must say we're bummed by all this bad news... Can anyone recommend a GREAT place for us to go hog hunting (that won't break the bank)? For one, possible two couples, in the spring of 2010, looking to hunt for Food! (The second couple has a partially disabled vet hunter husband). Thanks-

www.dosplumas.com

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: 7mag] #1020188 11/07/09 01:38 AM
B
bigsky Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
B
i second west fork guide service. i have access to my own hog hunting, but that wasnt available on one particular weekend i had a friend coming to visit, so we booked with Michael from west fork. We purchased a simple hunt where we would be shown the hunting stands and area and allowed to hunt on our own. When we got there, not only did Michael help us out with being familiar with the property, he hunted with us on the first stand until we put down a hog, which was an hour into the hunt. service was excellent and affordable.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: bigsky] #1029243 11/11/09 03:13 PM
T
Texaswolf Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
T
I had a similar experience. I had to pre-pay a $50 deposit for a "Free Hunt".

A couple of weeks before the hunt I tried calling and never got a response back. I was wanting to ask simple questions like what kind of food drinks etc.etc. I never got a response and I finally called to confirm and again never got a response. I decided not to go and called AMEX for help in returning my deposit money. They did a great job getting my money back and I still never heard from the owner.

Caveat Emptor

" If you dont know what your doing, it's best to do it quickly"....Jase Robertson
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Texaswolf] #1047521 11/19/09 04:58 AM
T
Txduckman Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
T
My buddy was going on his first hog hunt booked by a friend. Wifes were going too. Uh uh... He described it and I got a really bad feeling. I said PLEASE do your research and they did. Luckily they were able to cancel it. I sent him lot's of links from reputable outfitters on here so hopefully they'll get to go on a good hunt. That is my good deed for the year.

Check this out!

http://www.wildhoghuntflorida.com/

http://www.wildhoghuntgeorgia.com/

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Txduckman] #1101092 12/12/09 08:20 PM
B
Believer Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
B
Just though you all would like to see the email I got

North American Outfitters

Hello,
You entered our free hog hunt giveaway on our website at:
www.huntinghoghunting.com and your e-mail has been drawn as our monthly winner for our free hog hunt giveaway! Congratulations!

Here are the details of the free hog hunt you have won:

This hunt is a 3 day, 2 night hunt, with check-in dates of either a Monday or Wednesday; no weekends. Your hunt is to be used any available time from July 1, 2010 until July 1, 2011, except blackout months of October-February.
You must call no later than December 5, 2009 at 6 pm Central time, or the free hunt will be given to the runner-up in the drawing.

We will be hunting day and night, so bring your predator calls, and spot lights. The hunting never ends!
Included in the free hunt: ($499 value):

Hog & varmint hunting
Day & night hunt sessions
All meals & drinks
Lodging
Guide
Not Included:

$48 non-resident license
hog processing
gratuity for your staff
$75 booking fee (No booking fee for addit'l. hunters.)
As the winner of the Free Hunt, you can bring your buddies along, and we will discount their hunt to $399 each. .( Regular price is $499 each.) This discount for your additional hunters will apply anytime prior to arrival, and does not have to be paid when you claim your free hunt. This is based on availability on your hunt dates.

To claim your free hunt, you will pay the ranch a $75 booking fee when you call in. You do not have to have your hunt dates picked out in order to claim your free hunt. Please carefully read this entire page before calling the ranch with questions, or to book your hunt. The free hunt does not apply if you or anyone in your group already has a hunt purchased or scheduled. You can only claim1 free hunt per calendar year.

Would you like to hunt sooner?

* Bring 2 other hunters, and you can start your hunt as early as March 1, 2010. Weekdays only. Black-out months apply.

* Bring 3 other hunters, and you can start your hunt as early as January 1, 2010. Weekdays only. No Black-out months.

* Bring 5 other hunters, and you can start your hunt as early as December 1, 2009. Weekends included. No Black-out months.

* Bring 12-20 hunters, and you can hunt anytime from now until May 1, 2011. Weekends included, no black-out months.
Also, everyone in your group will get an additional hog at no charge, and your party will be exclusive on the ranch!

If you pay for at least 2 other hunters when you claim your hunt, we will waive your $75 booking fee!
Please call the Ranch at 832-419-6151 to claim your free hunt today!

You must call no later than December 5, 2009 at 6 pm Central time, or the free hunt will be given to the runner-up in the drawing.

Please carefully review the FAQ page, so as to be best prepared.

View available dates Here: Wild Hog Hunt Texas - Calendar

Click here to see other animals that can be added during your hog hunt.

Congratulations on the drawing, and please call the Ranch before the deadline to claim your free hunt.

Hogs for a Cause Founder http://www.hogsforacause.org/
NRA Endowment Member
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Believer] #1101116 12/12/09 08:35 PM
7mag Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
wow, I need to get one those free hunts. I still have not killed a hog. I am on a mission now banana2

[Linked Image]
"Laugh with many, but don't trust any"
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: 7mag] #1111913 12/17/09 10:34 AM
D
DallasCountyNightstalker Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
D
If you are in the dfw area I second hunters creek ranch, I went there last spring and would go back in a heart beat.

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: GUTIT] #1112655 12/17/09 06:27 PM
H
Hunter_Man Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
H
man, I personally went to Paul's place 2 or 3 years ago. BIGGEST mistake i ever made. i won one of his "free" hunts. got there and had to pay a MANDATORY 75$ gratuity... i figured, ok, what the heck. the lodging was ok. food was ok. but the hunt itself SUCKED. VERY DANGEROUS, on less than 250 acres with like 12-14 people there walking around. exotics everywhere and they say "if you shoot one by accident, you pay for it". i drove 250 miles to go there, so i gave it a shot the first night. left the next morning at 5 am before anyone woke up. friggin scary man.

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Hunter_Man] #1153401 01/06/10 08:10 PM
C
ccoker Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I have seen those ads pop up and they sure read "scam" to me..

arg

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: ccoker] #1153405 01/06/10 08:11 PM
C
ccoker Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
C
I would get on Texasboars.com and ask about any potential paid hunts prior to booking

there are several that I have seen posted there that get very good feedback..

I saw someone recommend the 4b ranch near Abilene
Paul is a member of Texasboars and well thought of
he runs a legit operation

Last edited by ccoker; 01/06/10 08:12 PM.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: 7mag] #1155123 01/07/10 01:33 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: 7mag
wow, I need to get one those free hunts. I still have not killed a hog. I am on a mission now banana2

Roy,
If you want a free hog hunt, give me a couple weeks notice, so I can bait them up pretty good and get my lights going. Come on down and shoot them from my blind at the house. Let me know if you're serious. I would have thought you probably would have already gotten some hogs from group hunt last year.

Chris up

REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com aka http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com [Re: kyotee1] #1162112 01/10/10 06:06 AM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps

�Everybody needs beauty as well as bread, places to play in and pray in,
where nature may heal and give strength to body and soul.�
~ John Muir
Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com aka http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com [Re: jeh7mmmag] #1190685 01/22/10 05:43 PM
K
KellyAsh Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
K
That sucks to hear about pi$$ poor people like that guy.

The best place Ive found around DFW for paid hog hunts is www.extremehoghunts.com His name is Gabe and he's a super nice guy. You'll have to get 4 or 5 guys together but he only charges $150 per person, with the 4 or 5 person sized group, and he will hunt pretty much any way you want from dogs and knives or with guns and he has around 15,000 acres to hunt on. He doesnt charge any "hidden" fees or anything for different sized hogs or numbers of hogs, it's a relatively "all inclusive" price. He doesnt offer a place to stay or meals or anything other than the day hunt but its still a great deal. Verify all this with him in case he's changed his policies since I was there and as I am not any kind of rep. I was very happy with his services. He drove us around on a Kawasaki Trans4x4 from spot to spot to spot and had another quad for hauling the hogs. You'll have a blast.

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com aka http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com [Re: KellyAsh] #1198333 01/26/10 02:21 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Ran across this one while looking for an upland hunt:

Sounds like the boy is at it again - check out the FREE HOG HUNT drawing each month, but requires a $75 booking fee, FREE huh? Yea, right!

Last and bottom of page.

http://www.hoghuntinghogs.com/?gclid=CLWmx_efwp8CFQ1mswod4hr10A

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com aka http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com [Re: kyotee1] #1210940 01/31/10 11:19 PM
N
nuprofessor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
N
Another recommendation would be for Coyote Creek near Detroit, TX. I have been there twice & plan to go back again (FREQUENTLY!!!). I live in Central Missouri and have no reservations about making the 600+ mile trip to hunt there. My son went with me in Oct 08 when home on leave. He plans to take a friend or two of his there when he is back on his next leave.

The owners name is Donnie Hays. He posts here under the alias REDNECKREBEL. Great guy with good operation. If you want to be pampered & waited on- this IS NOT your place. But if you want good food, good lodging, a great opportunity to harvest hogs, and great conversation ...Then COYOTE CREEK is for you.

CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE FOR TOMORROW. INVEST IN TOMORROW BY TAKING A CHILD HUNTING OR FISHING TODAY.
Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com aka http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com [Re: nuprofessor] #1230601 02/09/10 08:20 PM
I
Inky Doc Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
Originally Posted By: nuprofessor
Another recommendation would be for Coyote Creek near Detroit, TX. I have been there twice & plan to go back again (FREQUENTLY!!!). I live in Central Missouri and have no reservations about making the 600+ mile trip to hunt there. My son went with me in Oct 08 when home on leave. He plans to take a friend or two of his there when he is back on his next leave.

The owners name is Donnie Hays. He posts here under the alias REDNECKREBEL. Great guy with good operation. If you want to be pampered & waited on- this IS NOT your place. But if you want good food, good lodging, a great opportunity to harvest hogs, and great conversation ...Then COYOTE CREEK is for you.

+1,000

Donnie is a super guy and has a great place. Hoping to go back myself!

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com aka http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com [Re: Inky Doc] #1234760 02/11/10 06:45 AM
C
cable Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
C
how much can you spend? I would check out www.tacticalhogcontrol.com. Pretty cool rigs and reasonably priced.

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com aka http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com [Re: elisse] #1242404 02/14/10 07:37 PM
B
BOAR'D HUNTs Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
B
Looking for a hog hunt. A outfitter that has helped me film a few hunts will be offering hunts soon. $300.00 for a 3 day 2 night hunt. Lodging included, you must bring food and drinks. If no harvest, $100 refund. But this place is covered in hogs. You will get a shot at hogs. He is offering a 2 day one night hunt for $200.00. Perhaps by March, he will be up and going. If you are interested, Check out www.BOARDHUNTS.com and my contact info is posted. Send me an e-mail and I will send you more info about this Ranch. Good luck and Happy hunting.

BOAR'D HUNTs

BOAR'D HUNTs
We have the Cure for the Out-of-Season Blues.

www.BOARDHUNTs.com
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1247241 02/16/10 07:23 PM
W
west coast telemetry Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
W
For all you Texas hog hunters that don't know us, West Coast Telemetry builds a strong, tough collar, case in dental acryllic, with a 16,000 hour battery that a hog has a hard time destroying. We carry a full line of hound supplies 800-833-8236 Gary or see our webpage at www.westcoasttelemetry.com or email us at westcoasttelemetry@yahoo.com

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: west coast telemetry] #1269746 02/26/10 02:40 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Heard from a someone who mentioned they have had it with Paul and was getting their group to file on him on either Judge Judy or Judge Joe Brown Court TV show to expose the fellow for what he does and pulls; this should get the word out on his business then. Can't wait to see this one if it does happen!

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Believer] #1281431 03/03/10 03:48 PM
P
Pooba Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
WOW, I just did not realize how much hog hunting would cost. I have been out of the lease and day hunt thing for over 5 years now.

Story's like this confirm our decision to purchase a small place even though it is 35 miles from nowhere. LOL We have 60 acres and also hunt a 80 acre section owned by a family member who is living right now in D.C. It is only about 3 miles down the gravel road from our tract. So I have to take care of all the maintenance, feeders, blinds, clearing, etc.. Tough work for a old fat retired redneck, but worth every second of being out there.

I hunt them nuisance corn thieving Hogs all night long. Groups of 20+ at a time out there. Lots of photos to prove it too.

Swine Hunters In Texas

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Pooba] #1295613 03/09/10 06:04 AM
W
wildsidetaxi Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Being a guide with my husband... I am really sorry to hear about the bad news. I can't believe people do those type of things. But what goes around, comes around. I know some of you are looking for a hog hunt. We don't offer hunts with guns or bows, but with dogs and knives. I can promise you we will not do you wrong, and can't promise a hog every time out, but we will not treat you wrong. check out our website... www.reverttoyourwildside.com

Wild Side Taxidermy
Julie Spencer
Celeste, TX
214-726-2703
"Bringing wildlife back to life"
email wildsidetaxidermy@yahoo.com
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: wildsidetaxi] #1314256 03/18/10 03:30 AM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps

~ John Muir
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: jeh7mmmag] #1320681 03/21/10 10:49 PM
W
wiesel Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
W
I'd go somewhere you can get unlimited and no fees on over a certain amount of weight. There is a lot out there me and a buddy are goin on a hunt in April and we got the hog and turkey its unlimited hogs weekend hunt for 250 including lodging. I think that is very reasonable price its free range hogs. Plenty of hunts on craigslist.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Believer] #1321118 03/22/10 01:41 AM
A
AdgerC15 Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
A
crappy deal...

[Linked Image][Linked Image]
Conservation means development as much as it does protection.
- Theodore Roosevelt
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: AdgerC15] #1355202 04/08/10 05:17 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
TTT
There is also a post about this in General hunting. Pass it around to your forums and friends.

Attorney General Abbott Takes Legal Action to Protect Texas Sportsmen from Fraudulent Game Ranch
Candelaria Ranch owners charged with running a bait-and-switch operation that defrauded Texas hunters

GONZALES – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott today charged a Pasadena couple with operating an unlawful Internet-based game hunt operation that defrauded Texas hunters. At the attorney general’s request, the Gonzales County District Court issued a temporary restraining order and froze assets controlled by Paul and Angela Candelaria, the owners of Candelaria Ranch, LLC. A temporary injunction hearing is set for 9 a.m. on April 16.
>>>>>>>> more
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagnews/release.php?id=3282

Quote:
Texans who believe they have been deceived by similar fraudulent business practices may call the Office of the Attorney General’s toll-free complaint line at (800) 252-8011 (800) 252-8011 or file a complaint online at www.texasattorneygeneral.gov.

~ John Muir
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: jeh7mmmag] #1370981 04/16/10 02:42 AM
D
duckboy007 Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
D
Looks like they are getting what's coming!

My dog snores.
Secret Agent Custom Calls
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: duckboy007] #1382673 04/22/10 01:42 AM
J
J McCoy Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
J
I'm sure that "Non texas resident only" is so someone doesnt whip his [censored] for being fraudulent. Surprised that has not happened to this date any ways.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: J McCoy] #1383403 04/22/10 02:33 PM
W
wildsidetaxi Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
What goes around comes around. They will get what is coming to them soon.

Wild Side Taxidermy
Julie Spencer
Celeste, TX
214-726-2703
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: wildsidetaxi] #1383473 04/22/10 03:03 PM
W
West Fork Armory Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
Finally got his a$$. Before I ran my own guide service, I had a email from that guy "Paul" saying I had a free hog hunt, only to find out that since I was a Texas resident, I couldn't go on the hunt. I knew something was fishy about that hunt. This guy gives outfitters a bad name, I hope they take everything away from him and lock his butt up.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: West Fork Armory] #1387012 04/24/10 03:26 AM
N
nuprofessor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
N
I saw the initial court date was April 16th. Anyone know what happened at that court? Interested to know.
I have seen his ads for years, but when I was down in Texas for my son's ram hunt, I was told to steer clear of that operation at all cost. That was back in 2005.

CHILDREN ARE OUR FUTURE FOR TOMORROW. INVEST IN TOMORROW BY TAKING A CHILD HUNTING OR FISHING TODAY.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: West Fork Armory] #1391816 04/27/10 08:09 AM
C
Chris Miller Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
C
Why would anyone pay to hunt hogs? You're just asking to be scammed. Hogs don't hang out in one place. They roam large areas. Plus, they are a MAJOR nuisance. If you're killing them, you're doing someone a favor and they should be paying you.

If you're a guide selling hog hunts, i'm sorry but we all know this is not appropriate.

Last edited by Chris Miller; 04/27/10 08:34 AM.

Predator Hunter?
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Chris Miller] #1392642 04/27/10 07:19 PM
sig226fan (Rguns.com) Offline
duck & cover
duck & cover
Originally Posted By: Chris Miller
Why would anyone pay to hunt hogs? You're just asking to be scammed. Hogs don't hang out in one place. They roam large areas. Plus, they are a MAJOR nuisance. If you're killing them, you're doing someone a favor and they should be paying you.

If you're a guide selling hog hunts, i'm sorry but we all know this is not appropriate.

Chris, there are a lot of good outfitters and guides that put people on hogs everyday.... and it is appropriate. Don't lump everyone together based on one bad person.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: sig226fan (Rguns.com)] #1393487 04/28/10 02:21 AM
W
wildsidetaxi Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
Originally Posted By: sig226fan (Rguns.com)
[quote=Chris Miller]Why would anyone pay to hunt hogs? You're just asking to be scammed. Hogs don't hang out in one place. They roam large areas. Plus, they are a MAJOR nuisance. If you're killing them, you're doing someone a favor and they should be paying you.

Chris, there are a lot of good outfitters and guides that put people on hogs everyday.... and it is appropriate. Don't lump everyone together based on one bad person. [/quote

Sig,

I totally agree.

Wild Side Taxidermy
Julie Spencer
Celeste, TX
214-726-2703
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: wildsidetaxi] #1393668 04/28/10 03:38 AM
P
Pooba Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
LMAO I only have a small 60 acres place surrounded by 35 miles of nothing in West Texas. So this is my view on HOGS!! Shoot them in the day in the night year round. They eat vast amounts of corn in my feeders and destroy what they cant get to.
Hell if anyone wants to drive into no mans land and you bring some bags of corn so I can put it in feeders you can shoot everyone you see for free. Would be limited due to size of place but there are tons of the ugly tick infested fowl smelling bad tempered buggers. LOL

Swine Hunters In Texas

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Believer] #1402132 05/02/10 09:32 PM
T
Texas Predator Hunts Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
If you want a good hunt try http://www.CowboyPredatorHunts.com we hunt on 300 to 400 thousand acres and hunt all kinds of predators

Last edited by Texas Predator Hunts; 05/02/10 09:33 PM.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Texas Predator Hunts] #1450899 05/28/10 02:43 AM
Sniper John Online Happy
gumshoe
Online Happy
gumshoe
No Comment other than an FYI.

This operation registered a new domian name in March.
http://www.hoghunting2010.com/

http://www.huntinghoghunting.com and http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com
now forward to http://www.hoghunting2010.com/

So buyer or "winner" beware.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Sniper John] #1451014 05/28/10 03:33 AM
S
shootermcgavin Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
S
Sniper John. Thanks for turning me onto this thread and helping me out and being sure I saved my hard earned money. Thanks to all you others for posting too. Here is a copy of the email I received today just FYI. Now I guess I go back to hunting for more places to go.... laugh

Congratulations!

You entered our free hog hunt giveaway on our website at:
www.hoghunting2010.com and your e-mail has been drawn as one of our monthly winners for our free hog hunt giveaway! Congratulations!

Here are the details of the free hog hunt you have won:

This hunt is a 3 day, 2 night hunt, with check-in dates of either a Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Your hunt is to be used any available time from June 1 until September 1, 2010 or June 1 until September 1, 2011.

See Calendar of Available Dates Here: WildHogHunt Available Dates

You must claim your hunt no later than June 11, 2010 at 6 PM, Central time, or the free hunt will be given to the runner-up in the drawing.

We will be hunting day and night, so bring your predator calls, and spot lights. The hunting never ends!
Included in the free hunt:

(Ranchhand Hog Hunt - package 1: $499 value):

Hog & varmint hunting
All meals & drinks
Lodging
Guide
Not Included:

non-resident license ($48)
hog butchering ($35-$45)
gratuity for your staff (customary minimum of $100)
booking fee ($75) No booking fee for addit'l. hunters.

To claim your free hunt, you must call the ranch at 409-370-3137 and pay your $75 booking fee no later than June 11, 2010 at 6 PM ,Central time, or your free hunt will be given to the runner-up in the drawing.

You can also claim your free hunt by paying your booking fee on paypal - the safe way to pay online by CLICKING HERE:
https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cmd=_s-xclick&hosted_button_id=AZMJ6Y7DZ4PAC

You do not have to have your hunt dates picked out in order to claim your free hunt. Please carefully read this entire page before calling the ranch with questions, or to book your hunt.

The free hunt does not apply if you or anyone in your group already has a hunt purchased or scheduled. You can only claim1 free hunt per 3 year period.

As the winner of the Free Hunt, you can bring your buddies along, and we will discount their hunt to $399 each. ( Regular price is $499 each.)

If you pay for at least 2 other hunters when you claim your hunt, we will waive your $75 booking fee!

Please carefully review the FAQ page, so as to be best prepared. Congratulations on the drawing, and please call to claim your free hunt before the deadline expires.

Last edited by shootermcgavin; 05/28/10 03:35 AM.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #1460295 06/03/10 02:46 AM
B
BRODAX Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
B
If you want a great hunt and an excellent free range hunting opportunity, I would love to have ya as a customer. Check out my website or give me a call. Right now is the best time to hunt because things are starting to get dry. Hope to hear from ya soon.

BRODAX Wildlife Solutions, LLC

Zach Willeford
Wildlife Biologist, Owner
903-575-7969
zach@BRODAX.com
www.BRODAX.com

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: shootermcgavin] #1515222 07/06/10 12:47 AM
D
dkershen Online Content
Rev Dave
Online Content
Rev Dave
D
Originally Posted By: shootermcgavin

Not Included:

hog butchering ($35-$45)

What a scam. Hope someone shuts down this new site before too many hunters get taken.

To be sure of hitting the target, shoot first and call whatever you hit the target.

www.NewHopeEquine.com - Health and Healing through Horses.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: dkershen] #1516343 07/06/10 05:49 PM
K
kyotee1 Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
K
Originally Posted By: dkershen
Originally Posted By: shootermcgavin

Not Included:

hog butchering ($35-$45)

What a scam. Hope someone shuts down this new site before too many hunters get taken.

Absolutely!! If the individual(s) which are drawn for the FREE HUNT, then why is there ANY booking fee, butchering or gratuity, that's the scam right there!!
flush

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: kyotee1] #1669858 09/14/10 03:56 PM
Team Hillbilly Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
Hummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm bs

Team Hillbilly
I started out with nothing and I still have most of it left.
Paralyzed Veterans of America
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Team Hillbilly] #1716794 10/03/10 09:19 PM
W
West Fork Armory Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
W
Looks like he's at it again here's a Craigslist posting for his site. Dated today Oct 3rd 2010 http://houston.craigslist.org/spo/1986543009.html

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: West Fork Armory] #1786508 10/29/10 02:04 AM
I
Inky Doc Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
I
I just looked at this clown's site and saw that there is even a ministry section where he speaks of getting closer to God. What a jackaz$!!!

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Inky Doc] #1870713 11/29/10 02:21 AM
L
longone Offline
Tracker
Tracker
L
As a guide for TacticalHogControl, let me say that not all hunting operations are created equal. I can't belive some of the first hand accounts I was just reading about. Sounds like a scam built on top of lies, hope you can make all other THF members aware.

Calling an illegal alien an "undocumented immigrant"
is like calling a drug dealer an "unlicensed pharmacist".
Type VII/Class II SOT..
www.tacticalhogcontrol.com
www.cottonwoodarmory.com
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Believer] #1919329 12/14/10 06:34 AM
B
Becky Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
B
deer2
Thank you sharing! Goodluck!

-----------------------------------
People often say that this or that person has not yet found himself. But the self is not something one finds, it is something one creates before Crusher

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Becky] #1960807 12/29/10 03:10 AM
J
jcbrandon88 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
J
Hey guys Im new at trapping hogs, and Im looking for locations to sell them live once I do. I live in North Dallas, and I would be ok with driving 1-2 hours to drop them off. Any info would be much appreciated!!

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: jcbrandon88] #2047076 01/22/11 08:07 PM
T
texashoghunter1 Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
T
I was also drawn for a "free" hog hunt, sure am glad that I didn't go!!!

God Bless Our Troops!!!!!
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: texashoghunter1] #2092169 02/05/11 04:37 PM
T
Txhoghunter Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
T
Just throwing another operation out there...www.thehagemenreserve.com You wont find a nicer place around, I guide there, and we have TONS of FREE RANGE hogs. If you want to pay to hunt in a pen, thats up to you. Give us a call, only 1.5 hours northeast of Dallas. 15,000 acres...

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Txhoghunter] #2095573 02/06/11 11:39 PM
K
Kleancutt Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
K
Went out last night with www.DARKMOONGUIDESERVICE.COM
Lots of fun! Everyone got there own night vision and was only a hour before we were on the hogs. You guys every out buy Paris, TX look these guys up.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Kleancutt] #2106042 02/10/11 02:56 AM
S
sbvx67 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
Originally Posted By: Kleancutt
Went out last night with www.DARKMOONGUIDESERVICE.COM
Lots of fun! Everyone got there own night vision and was only a hour before we were on the hogs. You guys every out buy Paris, TX look these guys up.

I could not get this link to work. frown

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: sbvx67] #2155947 03/02/11 09:11 PM
S
Scalpel4 Offline
Tracker
Tracker
S
I just "won" the drawing myself, from hoghunting2011.com so I'm glad I'm reading this now. Thanks for saving myself from a potentially expensive mistake.

Last edited by Scalpel4; 03/02/11 09:13 PM.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Scalpel4] #2304908 05/11/11 11:42 PM
E
EastTexP Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
E
(Ranchhand Hog Hunt - package 1: $499 value):

Hog & varmint hunting
All meals & drinks
Lodging
Guide
Not Included:

hog butchering ($35-$45)

I'm guessing the way they are justifying this as "free" is the hog hunt itself is free the additional fees are a separate issue kinda like winning a car on a game show and having to pay tax title and license fees. While not right is basically legal from what I understand. I'm in no way defending the SOB for pulling that kinda underhanded stunt but honestly if someone tells you you won something free and then asks for money that should raise a red flag in your head that your about to get ripped off my 2cents

hoghunting2011.com #2330860 05/24/11 07:42 PM
R
RafterH Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
R
Anyone know anything about them?

Re: hoghunting2011.com [Re: RafterH] #2331281 05/24/11 11:09 PM
JakeinTX Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
If this is the guy I think it is, run. Others can tell you more but write-ups are on here. I will bet if you enter the free hunt you will win!

Re: hoghunting2011.com [Re: JakeinTX] #2331424 05/25/11 12:19 AM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps

~ John Muir
Re: hoghunting2011.com [Re: jeh7mmmag] #2353397 06/06/11 01:43 AM
750SpiritRdr Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
Hey...I just won a free hunt also!! What a dipstick. glad i was told about hoghunting2011 dot com. entered just to see what would happen

Re: hoghunting2011.com [Re: 750SpiritRdr] #2359204 06/08/11 08:51 PM
H
High Country Archer Offline
Tracker
Tracker
H
I was watching pig hunting videos on YouTube and one of his ads popped up. I think I'll call him just to waste his time, get him excited that another sucker bought his BS and then tell him I heard he sucks as a guide. What a scumbag!!!

If you ain't hunting, you ain't living right.
Re: hoghunting2011.com [Re: High Country Archer] #2487954 08/08/11 09:29 AM
K
karl Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
K
hate people scaming it makes me sick

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Pooba] #2510227 08/16/11 11:32 PM
D
Demetrius H Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
D
Where at in W Texas? I might be interested.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #2558032 09/04/11 07:46 PM
billybob Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: elisse

If you're looking for food....you don't want the trophy boars..stick with the smaller sows or piglets Just my 2cents

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Believer] #2782844 11/25/11 10:25 AM
R
Roo Basher Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
R
Crap it's a trap!

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Roo Basher] #2808007 12/04/11 04:16 PM
L
luvpigmeet Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
I won a hunt also. Read the fine print. What a jerk!!! Why is this guy still around? Someone needs too set him up with a under cover wildlife agent and a microphone or something. I will volunteer. I hate scum bags like this.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: jeh7mmmag] #2823217 12/09/11 04:05 PM
N
Nightlight Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N
Originally Posted By: jeh7mmmag
TTT
There is also a post about this in General hunting. Pass it around to your forums and friends.

Attorney General Abbott Takes Legal Action to Protect Texas Sportsmen from Fraudulent Game Ranch
Candelaria Ranch owners charged with running a bait-and-switch operation that defrauded Texas hunters

GONZALES – Texas Attorney General Greg Abbott today charged a Pasadena couple with operating an unlawful Internet-based game hunt operation that defrauded Texas hunters. At the attorney general’s request, the Gonzales County District Court issued a temporary restraining order and froze assets controlled by Paul and Angela Candelaria, the owners of Candelaria Ranch, LLC. A temporary injunction hearing is set for 9 a.m. on April 16.
>>>>>>>> more
http://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagnews/release.php?id=3282

Quote:
Texans who believe they have been deceived by similar fraudulent business practices may call the Office of the Attorney General’s toll-free complaint line at (800) 252-8011 (800) 252-8011 or file a complaint online at www.texasattorneygeneral.gov.

Very interesting... Glad action was taken

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Nightlight] #2925858 01/13/12 03:47 AM
T
txgunner00 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: txgunner00] #2929877 01/14/12 06:47 PM
W
wchamilton Offline
Tracker
Tracker
W
My wife just got an email from this dink for hells sake, and she has never hunted nor will she.
How in the world did he get her email address I wonder?
kind of irritating.

America is at that awkward stage. It's too late to work within the system, but too early to shoot the bastards. Claire Wolfe
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: wchamilton] #2930081 01/14/12 09:11 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
If the letter or information has changed you might want to post it up here. That way we can keep tracking him and his antics better. There is no telling where he got your email address. Gun, boat, hunting, fishing, show door prize registration, magazine subscription, etc. Good luck

~ John Muir
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: jeh7mmmag] #2995747 02/08/12 01:58 AM
L
luvpigmeet Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
L
See below post by 4 amigos ranch that clarifies matter

Last edited by jeh7mmmag; 02/17/12 04:16 PM.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: luvpigmeet] #2999835 02/09/12 03:22 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
See below post by 4 amigos ranch that clarifies matter up

Last edited by jeh7mmmag; 02/17/12 04:17 PM.

~ John Muir
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: jeh7mmmag] #3011139 02/13/12 09:02 PM
E
esnow74 Online Content
Bird Dog
Online Content
Bird Dog
E
I actually won an auction on ebay to hunt at the place in Gonzalez. It was a great deal, price wise. When my dad and I arrived he tried to get more money out of us and told us that I had won a different hunt than what I thought. Lucky for me I printed everything out and showed it to him. He did honor the hunt I bid on. It was for 2 people and could take 2 hogs a piece with meals and lodging for 2 nights 3 days. Other than the safety factor of the other 6 guys that did not follow the rules, the hunt was very successful. I did however take exception to them telling me they were REQUIRED by law to skin, gut and quater my pigs which was $30 each. I also didn't care for them asking for the tip up front for their guides. I do not mind tipping guides for what they do but all they did was tell us to start walking from the top corner of the ranch in a clockwise motion. That is not a "guided" hunt. I did read several bad things about the place after I paid but before we went so I was prepared with all my documentation. They never offered that hunt again on ebay or their website. All things considered it was a good time for me and dad that cost us a total of $320, with "tip" and cleaning of pigs. All that said, with what I have seen him advertise since then I would not hunt with him again. There are far too many places with good deals on hog hunts around.

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #3022136 02/17/12 02:15 PM
4AmigosRanch Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
This is Daniel Brock with 4 Amigos Ranch. I am responding to this post because I am being confused with another hog hunting ranch in Texas, and want to clear the air. I am nothing like the hog hunting ranch in Gonzalas, TX. I have a 1400 acre ranch in South Texas, located in Maverick County. All of my hunts are a typical S. Texas hunt out of hunting blinds and feeders. I have heard of this other ranch and how they conduct their hunts, I have also received plenty of his clients that were disappointed in his operation and how their hunt went. I have references available, and offer only a quality hunt. Please feel free to contact me or respond if you have any questions. Thank you.

210-415-9410

We are booking now...
830) 275-7991
www.4AmigosRanch.com

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: 4AmigosRanch] #3022564 02/17/12 04:19 PM
jeh7mmmag Offline
gramps
gramps
Thank you Daniel for helping us out by clearing this matter up.
cheers

~ John Muir
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Nightlight] #3046237 02/26/12 06:11 PM
T
TXBuckeye Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
T
I'm also glad to see that some action is being taken. I keep thinking back to the initial poster's excitement....only to find out that it's a scam. Sounds like a lot of people didn't find out until they were there.

Living the Dream....1 Hog at a time
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #3077600 03/09/12 05:46 PM
M
Mark Becker Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
M
go to texas boars.com and talk to the guys esp. Kevin they will point you in the right direction.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Mark Becker] #3082987 03/12/12 03:06 AM
A
Adelbridge Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
http://hoghunting2011.com/
My old college buddy called me up a month ago and said he was coming into San Antonio and driving out to http://hoghunting2011.com/ to go hog hunting with 5 of his buddies from St. Louis. They came in Friday and left on Sunday. Out of 6 guys they reported seeing zero hogs in 2.5 days of hunting. They sent me a picture of a farm sow strung up in the dressing area of camp. I am guessing it was some kind of prop, it wasnt a wild hog at all. They reported 20 hunters were on 250 acres of high fence. They also reported seeing several crates of hogs being delivered to the high fence area. They were not guided as promised. This was their first experience of Texas hunting and probably their last. Oh yeah and the kicker was they said during orientation the guide made mention of 4 hunters being accidentally shot on this ranch.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Adelbridge] #3090154 03/15/12 02:41 AM
14inchbass Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
First hand experience, paid over 900 total for two hunters and got one small hog.
The $100/hunter "guide" fee is nothing more than a scam - the guides will do nothing for you and they don't care if you get hogs or not. They will not hunt with you or teach you anything.

The 100 lbs of feed per hunter that you are required to bring is bogus too, it goes to feed their exotics.

Many other hunters reported that after 2 days of not seeing hogs there was a delivery of hogs to the ranch and a few of them were able to get 1-2 that day and many got none.

There are also no predators to hunt because of the high fence.

Everyone (!) is from out of state, no doubt driving down for the "free" hog hunt, but 90% leave dissatisfied. When the new hunters come in on the last day of another group it sucks to see the new ones go from amped and excited to bummed hearing of the others experiences. Good marketing to piss off out of state customers because there is little chance the word of mouth will spread.

It is crazy dangerous how many are on the ranch at once, we had around 16 in binds and walking around and more than once I heard a close shot and the bullet hitting a tree maybe 30 yards away, and this was without any hogs nearby.

Lesson learned, first and last time for us. Looking for a fully guided service for my wife to get her first hog!

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: 14inchbass] #3127137 03/30/12 04:43 PM
G
gojoe72 Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
G
Try Bucking Boar Outfitters in Grapeland Tex. Chris is a good guy and you will kill hogs. They also do deer hunts during season.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: gojoe72] #3167843 04/18/12 02:35 AM
K
Kid2watch Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
K
It's a shame this guy is still in business, this post started 11/9/2009.... Wow!!!,

Gun Control is not about Guns; It's about Control...
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Believer] #3332509 06/29/12 02:34 AM
S
San Saba Hogman Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
S
bummer

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: passthru] #3334424 06/29/12 08:09 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Is this the same place. I have got several of these emails.
"Worldwide Adventure Network | PO BOX 162329 | Fort Worth | TX | 76161"

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Dragonuv] #3406222 07/24/12 06:41 PM
A
Adelbridge Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
A
they ripped off my college buddy last April. Him and his childhood friends flew in from St Louis and Los Angeles. They sat out there for 3 days and 4 guys go zero hogs. They sent me a picture of a farm pig strung up in the processing area. They said they watched a truck of trapped hogs in cages dropped off right before their hunt but they never saw anything. said there were more than 10 guys out there at a time

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Adelbridge] #3442540 08/04/12 06:26 PM
N
Nightlight Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
N

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #3532198 09/01/12 01:16 AM
F
frogger Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
F
Dont know about them but we run a very respectable operation. We have had a fishing guide operation for 11 years. We are expanding to include hog hunts. We do it right lots of hogs. We hunt our property that joins a commercial berry farm. We have comfortable stands Feeders running. We can also squirrel hunt and fishing. www.riverridgetx.com. Thanks for looking. 903 407 0130

Live today as if it were your last. Frogger
Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: frogger] #3584822 09/19/12 04:43 AM
H
hrt4me Offline
Pro Tracker
Pro Tracker
H
good to know, thanks

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #3622845 10/01/12 10:49 PM
W
Wayne Outdoors Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
W
Wow

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Believer] #3634891 10/05/12 03:36 PM
H
hogpredators Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
H
If you want some really great hog hunting in a location that is overrun with wild hogs then you should check out http://hogpredators.com

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #3681586 10/22/12 04:27 PM
T
tdr61 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
T
Made the mistake of going there this weekend with 6 friends. Also at the camp were 4 soldiers from San Antonio with the wounded warriors. No one was satisifed with the hunting experience. $100 guide fee required at check-in, but no guide provided for any of the hunts (other than drawing a rough map of the place in the dirt and telling you where to walk). They claimed to have 300 to 400 hogs on the place - with 250 acres they would be covered in hogs - we saw maybe 6 the entire time we were there. Lots and lots of overpriced elk and red stag with very poor genetics.

Better yet, the Texas attorney general has stepped in the past - follow the link here - https://www.oag.state.tx.us/oagnews/release.php?id=3282
Bottom line - STAY AWAY FROM THIS PLACE!!!!!

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: hogpredators] #3805512 12/01/12 03:02 PM
Dragonuv Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
Originally Posted By: hogpredators
If you want some really great hog hunting in a location that is overrun with wild hogs then you should check out http://hogpredators.com
Georgia is a little out of the way for most of us, but if I could afford...I'd be there in a heartbeat.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Dragonuv] #3909821 01/02/13 11:20 PM
F
fortyfived Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
F
Anyone know of a reputable outfitter near San Angelo, TX that offers hog hunts at a reasonable price? It'll be me and my two boys.

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #3938086 01/10/13 07:19 PM
P
Phil Rooney Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
P
Paul Candelaria is a crook. I think that is his new gig. check out this link about him. http://texaspredatorposse.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=18459

Texas A&M Wildlife and Fishery Science Major

GIG 'EM AGS!!!----Whooooooop
Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Phil Rooney] #4002578 01/29/13 01:09 AM
NITEHUNT Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
Good to have information like this available. We have too much to deal with at our jobs, family, life in general. Then to have our relaxation, "cave man time", as my wife would put it, to be pissed on by jerks like this Paul guy is a joke. Hopefully what goes around comes around sooner than later for him...

I have not personally been here yet, but have had some really GOOD conversations with the owner and look forward to seeing him in May.
Here is his link to the Boar Hunting:
http://www.southzonehunting.com/HUNTS/Wild%20Boar.html

He has other really nice excursions as well. Jim is really a nice dude.
Just my 2 cents!!

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: NITEHUNT] #4013288 02/01/13 02:45 AM
Fish Farm Outfitters Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
I have a small operation for Hog Hunts and this will appeal to many. It is a 3hr drive from Dallas in OK. There is no hunting license required for hogs in OK on private land. The cabin is first rate. The pricing is always up to date on the hog web page. The scenery is gorgeous and there is a lot more to do than just the hogs (fishing is first rate in the river and 3 lakes within 7 miles). It is secluded and ideal for old friends, parent/youth as well as experienced hunters. We do not cart hogs in, it is entirely free range. The hog supply is ample as we are on the Kiamichi river. Our feeders work and are stands and blinds are solid as well. Check out www.fishfarmoutfitters.com (Hog, Cabin and Fishing pages) If you make an inquiry via the website Contact Us page I will send you some game camera albums of the hog population/supply.

Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Fish Farm Outfitters] #4039201 02/10/13 02:52 AM
T
THP Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
Unbelievable!!! Glad to know this information. That operation will not be advertised on our site. Can't have something like that with my name attached. Thanks for sharing.

Josh Riddle
www.texashuntingpost.com
713-703-3419
Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com http://www.wildhoghunttexas.com http://www.hoghuntingtrophyboars.com http://www.hoghunting2010.com http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: THP] #4082163 02/25/13 08:09 PM
T
TxReflex Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
T
http://www.hoghuntinghogs.com/5.html

Combining Christianity and bringing others to Christ with business....offering the hunt for free yet asking for $500 up front for "other" costs...what the $%$^!!!!!!!!

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Dragonuv] #4143043 03/25/13 12:20 AM
B
buckkiller Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
B
nice

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: buckkiller] #4225409 05/01/13 06:50 PM
P
Plano_guy Offline
Tracker
Tracker
P
Maybe these folks are Jehovah witnesses?

"To help you facilitate a group hunt that is affordable, we are offering your Men's Group of 12-16 men, the Ranch Hand Hog Hunt Package, valued at $499 per hunter, for free. We ask that 1/2 of your group NOT be Christians. These group hunts are to be taken from April 1 to October 1 of each year, with check in days of Sunday-Wednesday only. Not included are the guide fee, hunting license, hog cleaning/processing or gratuities"

Wonder if they still would charge $499 as a "guide fee", which is not included smile

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Believer] #4325834 06/17/13 03:33 AM
G
Griz44mag Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
G
I had received one of the free hog hunt letters from them as well. After looking into it, I added up 600.00 of cost for the "free" hunt. I decided to pass on that. Sounds like I'm glad I did...

Griz44Mag
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Griz44mag] #4338724 06/23/13 01:21 AM
N
nuprofessor Offline
Extreme Tracker
Extreme Tracker
N
How is this guy still operating? Sounds like all he needs to do is change the name of his operation and he can resume business.

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: nuprofessor] #4426035 07/27/13 11:37 PM
H
hoof n wings Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
H
Seems the AG filed suit in 2010.... did anything become of it?

Originally Posted by ImTheReasonDovesMourn
I'd ask him if he's pregnant. He missed a s__tload of periods.

Originally Posted by Hancock
I'll take "things that look like a uterus" for $200 Alex.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: hoof n wings] #4665139 10/16/13 02:49 PM
B
bldarter Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
B
hoghuntinghoghunting.com is the one he is pushing with google adwords now. search for nearly any town or county, tx hunting on google and that site will show up in the ads section

huntingtexashogs.com is another one of theirs

Brad
Re: REVIEW OF http://www.huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #4734172 11/09/13 07:50 PM
1860.colt Offline
emoji colt.45
emoji colt.45
welcome ta THF & hog hunting, best wishes flag
bang 11/04/09? no longer a newbee, more expereinced with guide hunts than me. do it meself hunts here, stil, best wishes flag

Last edited by colt.45; 11/09/13 08:07 PM.
Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: Adelbridge] #4830538 12/12/13 01:51 PM
P
pinkmist black hog down Offline
Woodsman
Woodsman
P
gonna stay away from these guys

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #4877321 12/31/13 03:18 PM
P
Pandomonium Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
P
try http://www.run-n-gunadventures.com/ they run night-vision hog hunts. I have been at least seven times and enjoyed every bit of it.

the guide is a great person and you'll get more than your money's worth there

Re: review of huntinghoghunting.com [Re: elisse] #4958149 02/06/14 08:32 PM
N
navyhunter866 Offline
Green Horn
Green Horn
N
I went there last weekend because I booked the hunt and paid for it without doing my homework. Here is my experience:
-Never met Paul (did see him once)
-Matt ran the place (Paul's son). Did a good job.
-It is a small ranch with high fence. Lots of exotics that are closer to tame farm animals than wild animals.
-Pigs are wild captured on nearby ranches and released on this ranch for hunting. They are wild and run.
-Hunted with people from all over (Wyoming, Alaska, California, Texas, etc). The guys from California were here for the 8th time. You don't keep going back like that if there are problems.
-the lodging is nice. Not fancy.
-Bath house is not heated or cooled. Open soffit ventilated.
-Lodge is nice
-staff was friendly
-Food is good home style cooking. Nothing fancy.
-Blinds are not far. Guide showed you how to get there or took you there.

If you are looking for a high end hunt, this isn't it. If you want somewhere to go and shoot a few pigs, this place is outstanding. They have PLENTY of pigs available. While we were there, almost 40 pigs were shot. They ranged in size from 35 lbs to 500 lbs. Shot distance is short (less than 100 yards). Great place to take beginners or folks without much experience.

Did they have problems in the past...apparently. It looks like they have fixed the issues and are running a respectable camp now. I would say go for it!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide