Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics537,026
Posts9,719,529
Members86,989
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service #7131769 04/04/18 12:19 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Last week I saw palmetto post an ad for there PA-10 18" and 20" complete uppers with 15.5" Odin rail. I traded for a new Rainer Ultra Match 308 bbl. so I pulled the trigger for $469 + $17 shipping. I am sure I am one of the few that actually like building off the PA-10. As far as accuracy goes, I have built off their platforms and they can produce excellent results and I still come in less than my factory high end AR's. Before I get bashed, I want to make it clear my PSA builds don't have the fit or finish of high end AR's I own or have owned from Larue, DD, POF, and JP. They do shoot very well but they are not Equal. Back to the story. I Knew it may take some time and PSA had a notice in red font stating due to high volume orders are taking a lot longer to process. No big deal. In fact a few days later I ordered a lower to go with it. This afternoon I get an email stating that they have to cancel my order because of stock issues. Normally I wouldn't even think twice and go on about my business. However, today a buddy at work asked me about ar-10 handguards and I mentioned the Odin works and we went to PSA's website and it was in stock. Then I showed him what I got and to keep an eye for specials. So I thought ok, they have the handguard in stock but not the barrels or uppers. Well sure enough a daily deal was listed today for a pa-10 upper with generic plastic handuards and FSB. It became pretty clear that they didn't want to lose any more money than they have to (assumption) on the upper filling orders. I say this because The price I paid was a few dollars more than the last PA-10 complete upper I purchased with the PSA branded m-lok FF rail (They are similar to Davidson and other companies of the like). They usually do a run right after SHOT with an upgraded handguard, bcg, furniture etc. it's a promo and they sell out quick. in fact this isn't the first time they have offered this set up. I ended up ordering new glass, new stock, new trigger, a few more mags, muzzle break, and oh yeah a proprietary pa-10 lower which now I have no use for without the upper I ordered. I read the terms and conditions several times and it DOES not say anywhere nor infers that they reserve the right to cancel an order. It has to come from the customer. In fact most of the language in the terms and conditions states it all is on the customer for cancellations and they can be charged up to a 25% restocking fee for the hassle. Fair enough but if you advertise something charge my card immediately then decide you don't want to honor the ad for whatever reason I think that is a chicken sh!t move, and on top of it if you don't have the language to support your actions in the the terms and conditions own the mistake and make it right. Bushnell just made a mistake on their 30 for 30 promo and they made it right.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7131774 04/04/18 12:23 AM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Did you call them and ask about it?

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7131778 04/04/18 12:25 AM
The Dude Abides Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Yep, they are known for good prices but CS & shipping are lacking.

Originally Posted by Superduty
I am still looking for the perfect apron, one with reinforced knee areas would be perfect.

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7131787 04/04/18 12:32 AM
M
Mike Honcho Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Yep got a bold face lie. I was told they couldn't fill orders because they didn't have parts in stock but they do have parts in stock. I told them that's ok I'll wait for parts to come in and they can ship when They put it together or send me the current generic pa-10 upper daily deal and Odin handguard (both in stock) and I'd get my own gas block and I'd accept no warranty. I was expecting 2-4 weeks anyhow for shipping. So a LONG email followed.

“Two things that define an individual what you do when you have everything, and what you do when you have nothing."

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132103 04/04/18 12:50 PM
B
bigjoe8565 Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
Online Content
THF Trophy Hunter
B
That’s unfortunate. I’ve only had to use their CS once and the lady assisting me did a fantastic job. I’d let them know you’re posting about your experience (send them this link) and ask them if the negative feedback was worth the few extra dollars they’re tying to avoid spending.

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132108 04/04/18 12:56 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
Yeah that's not cool...

Buddy has put together a few units from them. I've never heard of him having to deal with anything like this.

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132123 04/04/18 01:06 PM
D
DStroud Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
D
I and one friend have had similar experiences and agree completely not only is the customer service bad so is their quality control. I don’t have enough time to type the several stories but it’s a complete crapshoot with PSA no doubt.

"Anyone taking up handloading necessarily plays with unknown factors and takes chances. But so does anyone who drives a car,goes to a cocktail party,eats in a restaurant,or gets married."

Jack O'Connor 1963
Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132180 04/04/18 01:55 PM
Q
QuitShootinYoungBucks Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Q
So the Walmart of gunstores puts out customer service and products equal to Walmart? Color me shocked.

That really does suck, though, jorge. They should have allowed you to remain back-ordered or made it right.

[Linked Image]

https://web.archive.org/web/20170223065011/http:/www.rrdvegas.com/silencer-cleaning.html
Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132241 04/04/18 02:54 PM
G
GLC Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
THF Trophy Hunter
G
I guess I may be the only one with decent customer service so far and no quality issues. I have bought quite a bit from them in the past. They actually had me on back order for 6 months waiting for a 7mm08 upper when they went out of stock on them. They made it good, took a while, but did make it good.

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132337 04/04/18 05:08 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Now this is BS not 24 hrs they are selling same upper but with PSA Rail for $20 less. So much for not having my stuff in stock.

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132363 04/04/18 05:27 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Just spoke to PSA again and they said there was an oversight in manufacturing and orders were canceled but they do have parts in stock. Giving the PSA rep Josiah on ar15.com a chance to make things right. It doesn't say anywhere they reserve the right to cancel an order. I'm beyond pissed.

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132366 04/04/18 05:29 PM
P
patriot07 Online Content
Extreme Tracker
Online Content
Extreme Tracker
P
I know you're ticked, but honestly it does seem like an oversight of some sort...if they're selling it on the site today, then it's not like they're not willing to sell stuff for that price. I doubt they're putting it for sale out in the open and then cancelling everyone's orders...

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132378 04/04/18 05:40 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
It might have been an oversight the same set up went for 499 after debuting at shot show a while back. It looks like they did exactly that put it out for sale the week I bought it and it stayed in stock for several days then went out of stock. The reason I'm ticked is not because the price. I can get the parts for about $100 more on PSA right now. I'm ticked because they are not honoring there ad (their word). It's poor business and not honorable. I'm not perfect and on a soap box, but I've made mistakes with my business and yeah it hurt my pocket book but my integrity doesn't have a price tag.

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7132958 04/05/18 02:40 AM
T
TGillar Offline
Outdoorsman
Outdoorsman
T
I had a bad dealing with PSA on an AR 10. I ordered their upper and lower built it up. It all went well, right up until i tried to put in a mag. The mag catch was was miss aligned. It would not lock the mag in. I called looking for one dimension and they said they did not have it. I had to ship it back to them and they would evaluate it.

It was built and i was not disassembling it. I just bought a couple of mags and modified them. It works now. But still cs s--cked.

Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7133062 04/05/18 10:53 AM
B
booradley Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
B
Every time I go to the PSA website it seems they are out of stock on at least 75% of the PSA branded product they sell. That turns me off.

Don’t roll those bloodshot eyes at me.
Re: Very Disappointed with Palmetto State Armory Customer Service [Re: Mike Honcho] #7133676 04/05/18 09:05 PM
M
Mike Honcho Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
M
Got resolution, and have posted this where I posted the situation.

"When it comes to delivering on a deal come hell or high water I'll see it through. Its how I was raised.

I own and operate an outfitting business. One time I had a client that paid for a specific WT buck. The rancher priced him well below market value. he made it known that he was after that WT only. knowing the deposit is not refundable which is stated up front and on release of liability and when a hunt is booked. I do roll over hunts, offer same class animal or will offer an exotic in the same price range to the customer in lieu. anything I can do within the agreed terms. it's the end of our WT season & after 3 weekends still hadn't gotten him. He told me he was going back to the Mid East and couldn't come back for a year or two. He asked if our family ranch had any WT with drops. We did but the only mature ones were at least 25-30" bigger and more $. The price difference was roughly 65% more than what he was paying because the that rancher wanted to move the WT. long story short I let the client shoot a buck of a lifetime knowing I was significantly in the red on the deal just to make it right and deliver on the deal we agreed on. Maybe this gives some perspective maybe it doesn't on the type of individual I am.

I spoke to Josiah, who is one of the founders and heard him out. He seems like a good guy and even better boss/owner. I think that says a lot about management of a company when someone that high up will reach out to a customer. We didn't see eye to eye on every talking point. I expected that but I do understand his position and where he is coming from. In addition, he pointed out I ended the conversation and the CS rep DID NOT hang up. He also felt his CS rep was not rude. We have a difference of opinion on that, but I pointed out rude can be and usually is subjective. I do feel that she was, but I have a lot of respect for a business owner who has their employees back, but willhold them accountable. In this regard we are cut from the same cloth and he has my respect. He seems like a straight up individual and seeing his actions I take the man at his word and need to add that to this post. So, I own that and do apologize for including that detail in the aforementioned posts. it was incorrect.

After letting the man explain his position and share his perspective he offered to do everything he could to complete the order. He called me back just a minute ago and he is going to complete the order as it was originally ordered. This situation was a headache and a part of it was self induced. I'm not so arrogant or immature enough to recognize that.

In my eyes PSA made good on the deal. I have a lot of respect for Josiah and his company. I will continue to purchase from PSA and knowing what I know now when I make a purchase I know that a cancellation can be possible."

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide