Forum Statistics
Forums46
Topics536,994
Posts9,719,228
Members86,987
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine #6854594 08/13/17 01:45 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Last week's local newpaper, the Palestine Herald-Press contained the July edition of the Palestine Magazine,a slick glossy magazine who focus's on Anderson County things and events, who's cover story and 4 page article was all about the upcoming Master National Retriever Trials. LOT's of great photo's and an explanation of what the Master National is all about.

Scheduled for October 12th thru October 22, the 10 day event is anticipating "roughly 850 dogs and handlers" as competitors, at The Big Woods on the Trinity 7500 acre hunting and corporate retreat resort. As mentioned in the article, the Big Woods property is large enough to run 6 events at the same time. Lots of other wildlife can be seen on the property too.

According to the Palestine Magazine article the event is open to the Public - with no entry fee's mentioned, with public attendence rules that IMO are just pure common sense to prevent the competitor dogs from being distracted: like No White Shirts or Clothing & dark or camo style clothing suggested, no non competing dogs on the property, PGA style whisper levels of conversation, cell phones turned off, staying only on the marked trails, and while attendee children are allowed, but not allowed to run around without supervision "this is NOT a Saturday trip to the local park".

I'd suggest that for further information you might try and see what is available thru the HeraldPress's home page @ "palestineherald.com".

I'll probably be attending several days with family and out of town interested friends, but don't have a schedule yet, and am not participating in the competion.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote] #6854762 08/13/17 04:52 PM
K
ken starling Offline
Bird Dog
Bird Dog
K
We will be going to watch as well. My dog is nowhere near that level, but it is pretty cool to see these dogs work . The events I have attended are a real family friendly type of event. Should be a good time

Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote] #6854828 08/13/17 06:08 PM
nak Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Trying to decide if I should rent my cabin and 50 amp trailer hookup out for this, or if I want to go out to watch

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: nak] #6855494 08/14/17 12:29 PM
bill oxner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
Originally Posted By: nak
Trying to decide if I should rent my cabin and 50 amp trailer hookup out for this, or if I want to go out to watch

There was a thread by a guy who had a cabin to rent last year on the OT forum.

Quail hunting is like walking into, and out of a beautiful painting all day long. Gene Hill

[Linked Image]

Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote] #6856675 08/15/17 03:13 AM
K
kbobbjr Offline
Veteran Tracker
Veteran Tracker
K
You can only run the Master National if your dog is qualified. You should go watch so you can see the greatest hunt test dogs run! The grounds are awesome and so will will the dogs!

Kevin Buckley
Castile Creek Kennels South
214-491-9257
www.castilecreekkennels.com
www.facebook.com/castilecreekkennels
Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote] #6858259 08/16/17 12:59 PM
W
WileyCoyote Offline OP
THF Trophy Hunter
OP Offline
THF Trophy Hunter
W
Lots of local interest here in Dogwood Country...it'll be interesting to see hwo all shows up.
Ron

It is TIME for Term Limits, cause Politicians are like childrens diapers and for the same reasons...Robin Williams

"These are the times that try men's soul's"...Thomas Paine

"Those who fail to learn from History are doomed to repeat it" ....Santayana
Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: bill oxner] #6859752 08/17/17 06:38 PM
nak Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Online Sleepy
Veteran Tracker
Originally Posted By: bill oxner
Originally Posted By: nak

There was a thread by a guy who had a cabin to rent last year on the OT forum.

I had a OT thread a couple of months ago...trying to figure out what price made it worth it.
The "I hate folks I don't know messing with my stuff" vs "There could be some really good money in it" thread.

Since then, a couple of my friends would like to spend a few days there and go as spectators. They pay in Whiskey and Good Conversation 2cents

We all need to practice Whoa more.
Re: Master National Retriever Trials in Anderson County near Palestine [Re: WileyCoyote] #6883991 09/11/17 02:47 PM
Gully Offline
Light Foot
Light Foot
http://www.masternational.com/

Here is a link to the event with a schedule of events

Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide