Our shopping has changed so much over the past couple of weeks. We made several stops including, Trader Joes, Sprouts, Central Market, HEB, and Kroger. I'm not sure how many meals we will make, we just bought what we wanted to try. Some of the items, such as the papaya, we just bought 1, other items like carrots, we bought by the pound. We are trying to eat a variety of fruits and vegetables everyday. We are doing 1 to 2 meals a day where we are just consuming fruits/veggies. We have a small serving of meat at supper. However, I made a big pot of soup that I made useing 1/2 pound of hamburger. Looks like we can get about 3 meals each out of the soup. Here are some of the grocery items we bought. Keep in mind, we are not able to afford all organic, so we do the best with what our budget will allow. Corn, beets, apples we bought organic due to the likelihood of corn and beets being GMO and the apples having wax on them.

Grass fed Beef

(Fruit)
Apples
Pears
Paypaya
Mangoes
Strawberries
Blueberries
Blackberries
Kiwi
Lemons
Cantaloupe
Bananas
Peaches
Cherries
Watermelon
Grapes
Coconut Water (lots)
Unsweetened Coconuts

(Vegetables)
Onions
Bell Pepper
Broccoli
Carrots
Cucumber
Swiss Chard
Bok Choy
Kale
Baby Spinach
Parsley
Cilantro
Green Beans
Corn
Radishes
Mushrooms
Romaine Lettuce
Beets
Mustard Greens
Collard Greens
Savory Cabbage
Purple Cabbage
Tomatoes
Jalapeņos
Watercress
Zuchinni

(seeds/nuts)
Granola
Cashews
Pecans
Walnuts
Almonds

Took most of Sunday cleaning and putting away. We are not used to this type of shopping on a regular basis.

Almost forgot. We bought several health food items

Cacao Beans
White Mulberries
Chia Seeds
Hemp seeds
Spirulina

Last edited by HMK; 04/25/16 05:52 PM.

back when we used to eat housecats we marinated them in louisiana hot sauce and soy sauce then season them with lemon pepper........then onto the grill slow cooking them 3 hours........excellent folded in tortillas and pico de gallo----Newgulf