Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Print Thread
Texas Hunter Products Tower Blind #5433911 11/20/14 09:34 PM
Zach S Offline OP
Woodsman
OP Offline
Woodsman
Anyone have any feedback or experience with their product? Looking for a new 8-10 foot tower blind.

Thanks in advance.

Re: Texas Hunter Products Tower Blind [Re: Zach S] #5440390 11/24/14 04:00 PM
S
Shotgun Willie Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
S
I've got one, not wildly fond of it. It's noisy, I don't care for the half door or the sliding windows. I got it used on Craigslist, having had it a couple years, there's no way I'd have given retail for one.

It is well built, however, and replacement panels are easy to get if the wind knocks it over. Get a great big ground anchor and some ratchet straps, because as tall as it is, combined with as light as it is, it acts like a giant sail in the wind.

Re: Texas Hunter Products Tower Blind [Re: Zach S] #5441716 11/25/14 03:25 AM
Creekrunner Offline
THF Celebrity
THF Celebrity
They're better than they used to be, believe it or not. They've hung on as a company for many years, probably have changed owners at least once. I'd still choose Plastic Vacuum Forming (The Blynd) over Texas Hunter though.

...and have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over every living thing that moveth upon the earth. Gen. 1:28
Re: Texas Hunter Products Tower Blind [Re: Zach S] #5444950 11/26/14 11:54 PM
G
gtrich94 Online Content
Pro Tracker
Online Content
Pro Tracker
G
I have two of the 4x8's. One on the 5' stand and one on the standard 18" legs. The are nice blinds if you do a little extra work to them. I put a couple of 2x4's under the middle of the base to get rid of some of the spring. I also went to Home Depot, picked some of the pink 3/4" insulation boards and put them on the bottom panels (never got around to finishing the job on the top panels). That helped stiffen the thing up a lot and helped reduce some of the noise my kids make when they accidentally kick the walls. Since they are basically thick plastic, you can drill holes in them left and right and not have to worry about the walls rotting.

From a noise perspective, they can be noisy. On my first 4x8, I didn't put the felt circles on the windows and the thing rattled horrendously. Once I put the felt pads in, the windows stopped rattling/shaking and it got really quiet. The only thing that makes noise now is the door. Since you can't really use the felt pads on the door, I just jam leftover earplug in the gap and it keeps the door from rattling.

I believe the legs on the 10' are the same as the 5'. On the 5', the legs don't go straight up and down. They are more pyramid shaped. They look thin, but they are sturdy after the blind has been placed on them. However, I don't think they would survive trying to tilt the blind from a laying down position. Honestly, since it's pyramid shaped, I'm not sure how you would even attach the blind to the legs with the stand laying on it's side. Given that, I have no idea how you would stand up a 10' blind. For my 5', we hauled the blind and the stand to the location and then 4 guys lifted up the blind while I bolted it into the stand. I think if I was looking at going up 10', I would go get one of the metal Dillon stands or even make one out of wood and then put the Texas Hunter blind on top of it.

On the positive side, I built the 18" one by myself in a couple of hours. The 4x8's also fits 3 people very comfortably. From a long term perspective, about the only thing that can rot on the blind is the plywood floor. Since that's covered by the rest of the blind, I don't see that occurring for a very long time.

They're a little expensive, but I think they are in line with other 4x8's on the market. I'd probably buy another one if I needed a 3rd blind.

Last edited by gtrich94; 11/26/14 11:56 PM.

Thanks,
Rich
Previous Thread
Index
Next Thread

© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide