Topics536,621
Posts9,714,995
Members86,971
Most Online25,604
Feb 12th, 2024
Active Threads | Active Posts | Unanswered Today | Since Yesterday | This Week
Open Hunting Discussion Jump to new posts
Re: Rustic Hunting Accommodations - Yes or No? ranchwagen 4 hours ago
It is a mid 30s coleman air o gas, it has a big tank and pump just like the camping stoves but bigger. it weighs a ton! works pretty good for cooking breakfast and coffee, have not tried the oven yet though
39 1,338 Read More
Rifles, Shotguns & Handguns Jump to new posts
Re: Most Over Rated firearm Tactical Cowboy 4 hours ago
My mom could beat up your mom
110 1,982 Read More
Off Topic Jump to new posts
Re: State Farm Sneaky 4 hours ago
Insurance is a scam, as far as I can tell. They gladly take your money every month, and they do everything they can to avoid their obligations when it comes time. And I don’t blame them one bit for that. They are a business. Their goal is to make money, as it should be. It’s the concept that is flawed. How do you make money by taking in a few hundred a month and pay out thousands or more in a single hospital visit? In one unfortunate year, my family racked up right around a million in medical expenses. I can’t imagine I’ve payed into it that much over my lifetime. I don’t know the answer, but the current model doesn’t add up, to me.
8 263 Read More
Re: Most Over Rated firearm bobcat1 4 hours ago
popcorn I'm learning so much here. roflmao
110 1,982 Read More
Varmint & Small Game Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: Thermal and Night Vision BigPig 4 hours ago
I just use a quality thermal scope with LRF and quality quick release mount so I can scan with it. Rifle stays in a tripod with Reaper Rest. Been doing this for years without issue
3 133 Read More
Re: Fond Best Friend who Cheated with you're Wife Stories DQ Kid 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by txtrophy85
Left home at 17 to travel to Europe, alone. Made it down to Sudan and was caught in the thick of a civil war. Backtracked Moses’s trail into Egypt. Caught a C130 and made it back stateside. Ended up seducing an air force women who gave him a house.

In between all the combat and consulting on the lunar missions he found time to become proficient in weaponry, hand to hand combat and pool chemicals. Bedded numerous celebs, most notable being Sinead O’Connor.

Now he has resigned himself to live out the rest of his days in polyamorous relationship with two chicks 20+ years his junior.

Did I miss anything ?

Correction, Victoria Principal when she was starring in Dallas and dating Andy Gibb, youngest Bee Gee brother wanted him badly, like really badly. She was only regarded as one of the hottest ladies in the world but she wanted a young 20s Bbkt2. Like wanted him all; he turned her down in that Dallas bar, too much will power he had....
75 3,103 Read More
Re: Most Over Rated firearm onlysmith&wesson 4 hours ago
@beez, I didn’t call out WC?
110 1,982 Read More
Outfitters & Guides Jump to new posts
Re: Nilgai hunts diehardoutfitter 4 hours ago
Pm sent
12 2,057 Read More
Re: Has anyone here actually…. Sneaky 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Biscuit
Originally Posted by Ramsey
Fireman JG has!!!

Well I’ve seen JG so I’d like to hear his take

So would I.

I don’t think he’s a bot. I also don’t think he’s lying, as unpopular a stance as that may be. His stories are outlandish, but people like that do exist. I wouldn’t be surprised to find out I’m wrong, but I’m willing to go out on a limb and say that, for now, I believe him.
4 355 Read More
Hunting Vehicles Jump to new posts
Re: GMC AT4X 2500 HD 100 mile Review txtrophy85 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by BOBO the Clown
Well, just found out that you cannot level an AT4X 2500. The shocks have certain settings that if exceed a certain height it will cause failure with the DSSV dampers. Basically, the AT4X is already lifted in the front ( and it is) and has enveloped all the ride height the shocks/control arms will allow. This is per ReadyLift, they are working on a level system right not but have not come out with one.

So....we are now looking at doing a reverse level in where we change the rear blocks to ones that are 1/2 " lower than the factory blocks. To be honest I wouldn't mind it being a little lower, its taller than my Ford in the rear and makes getting into it a pain, even pulling a trailer I really need to get longer drop hitches.

just get a dirtbox draw system and puts some tools in it

Last thing I want is more weight in that big bish

still a 3/4 ton truck, will ride better with a little weight back there. Put cool stuff like drones, air compressors, plug kit, etc

these even have built in slide for coolers etc.

https://dirtboxoverland.com/pages/truck-bed-drawer-system-info

Thought about a box system but then I would't be able to put 25-30 bags of feed in the bed, nor my water tote.

It rides surprisingly well for a 3/4 ton. Much better than my son's F-150 with a lift and 35's
50 2,779 Read More
Re: Most Over Rated firearm J.G. 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by onlysmith&wesson
Originally Posted by J.G.
Originally Posted by Wilson Combat

OK, I'll bite

In general...

Bullpups
Anything 300 Blackout for supersonic use
6.5 Creedmoor for hunting
Piston operated ARs
Anything .357 Sig or .40 S&W

In particular...

Taurus Judge

You must not do much long range shooting.

Of course I’m kidding.

I'm living rent free in your head, troll.

Hard to forget the all time dumbest post you’ve ever made.

Mr.Wilson did not make any sense in his post. I called. That's all. You do not need to defend him. He's a grown man.

Have you regurgitated that same old one time pic of three shots, from your rifle on factory loads today? It's nearly a daily consistent vomit. Just wondering if it got posted somewhere today. It's what a three year old pic? You bought the rifle. You bought the ammo. You happened to get lucky once.

Move along.
110 1,982 Read More
Migratory Bird Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: My sunflower crop is coming along good.. bobcat1 4 hours ago
There ya go John!
15 1,118 Read More
Migratory Bird Hunting Jump to new posts
Re: So, you want to hunt South Dakota... jnd59 4 hours ago
Great. If you get drawn let me know. Even if you don't draw this year we can exchange information and I can send back scouting reports. I wouldn't mind hunting pheasant some while I'm up there. It's been a few years since I've done that. Have you put any thought into whether you are going to concentrate on one type (field, pond, or lake/river) or try to cover multiple bases? I don't have any field decoys but I have heard you can rent field trailers.

Mid to late October is perfect for me.
3 249 Read More
Re: Most Over Rated firearm J.G. 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by Judd

Shocked JG said R700...damn near every custom action we have was built off that design, both footprint and function.

After reading the replies I'll add...any bolt action rifle that has double ejectors...dumb idea.

JG2.0 is a tikka action man!!!! and He just doesnt like curves he likes them with 20 degree angle flat assess

if my fierce didnt shoot as well as it did, I sell it and build a 22” rifle, But ya the dual ejector is special

The custom actions with a Rem 700 footprint are great! Easy to get stocks and bottom metal for.

I'm talking about the bone stock Rem 700 action, and barreled action. Judd of all people knows what it takes to un-duck Remington. He and I have neither one messed with throwing their extractor over our shoulder and making it take a hinged M-16 style extractor. As well as take a side bolt release, instead of that stupid Remington bolt release.
110 1,982 Read More
Re: Jesse Griffiths new book…. Sneaky 4 hours ago
I’ve been meaning to order that. He’s a visionary, as far as I’m concerned.
3 126 Read More
Re: Rolex expert needed Superduty 4 hours ago
25 652 Read More
Re: Squatters as bad as media says? Sneaky 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by SnakeWrangler
Texas needs to follow Florida’s lead…..

[video:youtube]https://m.youtube.com/watch?t=41&v=LaEHmp-3GyI&feature=youtu.be[/video]

We probably will. Abbott is pretty good about waiting until DeSantis does something and following his lead.
17 765 Read More
Re: Panhadle Fires update TCM3 4 hours ago
texas cowboy
3 173 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
WTB International Shotshell Powder TheMic 4 hours ago
Looking for some international powder to try a few reduced recoil 20ga loads. Let me know what you have. In DFW area.
0 28 Read More
Re: Squatters as bad as media says? BigPig 4 hours ago
Originally Posted by DannyB
Anybody else hear a drum roll? I'm waiting to see how Big Pig would have handled that. He would be off duty, but surely he could call a buddy that could flex the rules a little. roflmao

Remove all doors, kill the power & water, roll up with a dumpster and get to work. That is if they are true squatters, if it’s hold over tenants, let the court system do it thing. But yeah, constables or sheriff will be on scene
17 765 Read More
Re: Most Over Rated firearm Bee'z 5 hours ago

OK, I'll bite

In general...

Bullpups
Anything 300 Blackout for supersonic use
6.5 Creedmoor for hunting
Piston operated ARs
Anything .357 Sig or .40 S&W

In particular...

Taurus Judge

You must not do much long range shooting.

Of course I’m kidding.

I love my 6.5 Creedmoor on our 1200yd range shooting steel smirk

Hand loads or factory?

It really is rent free. Wow.... Calling Wilson Combat out to try and prove a point is hilarious
110 1,982 Read More
Ammunition & Reloading Jump to new posts
Re: Lapua 6.5 x 55m Case Head Diameter StraitShot 5 hours ago
The information he provided isn't consistent with what I just measured, and in the end, I'm glad I made that purchase, and it worked out... that chambering in a '98 Mauser should let me run at the upper end of the loads. I've got an American Black Walnut stock coming I am looking forward to working on... going to use some French Red to fill the grain... and if I get the color right it should add some depth to the wood. So far it is coming together nicely. ...
26 751 Read More
Trading Post - Swap - Classifieds Jump to new posts
Re: Pay it forward BubRay 5 hours ago
Pm on the helmets
1 140 Read More
Re: Home owners insurance Birddogger 5 hours ago
Originally Posted by TexFlip
Originally Posted by Birddogger
People really don’t understand how replacement cost works. It’s nothing to do with appraised value or market value. The cost is based on worst case scenario say a fire total loss. What’s it going to take to tear house and slab out and then rebuild at today’s costs. Say 2000sq/ft hours. It’s going to be around 50k just to do demo and removal and then for just a standard house your looking at 200 sq/ft build back costs if you don’t have anything custom or high end like granite. So 2000 sq/ft house should be insured at minimum for $450k. The replacement costs aren’t some random number they come up with. I believe most companies use Marshall and Swift as the replacement cost estimate model. The sq/ft and interior and exterior features all go into finding correct replacement cost number.

If you're paying $200/sqft for a builder grade home you are getting HOSED.

Ok then you tell me what the cost is to go build a 2000 sq/ft 3/2 house. I’m not talking track builders that save money by huge bulk ordering bc even when those houses burn down a home builder not Choice or Pulte rebuilds it.
39 786 Read More
On the road in Texas Jump to new posts
Re: Henry’s San Angelo 4x4willie 5 hours ago
Ate there Friday pretty good for sure
2 128 Read More
Page 3 of 118 1 2 3 4 5 117 118
© 2004-2024 OUTDOOR SITES NETWORK all rights reserved USA and Worldwide